TEKsystems Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.8

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at TEKsystems (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

They made the job sound ALOT better than it really was. Told me I would be working day shift in the interview process than at the very last second told me it was night work. They knew this all along but didn't want to disclose that up front. They lied to me about several other things as well. I don't think I will do any more business with them in the near future. The recruiters are not up front and honest. If you decide to work with this company... BEWARE!

Interview Questions

• The interview process was not that bad... just a bunch of lies.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems (El Segundo, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Talked to a couple of employees at a college career fair. Told them I was interested in LA location. A week later had a phone interview with LA recruiter, which lead to a interview in person with the manager of an office near me. This went well and was flown out to LA for a half day job shadow and very brief interview.

• Strengths
      Weaknesses
      What do you know about the position
      Why TEKsystems
      Why the industry interest you
      The hardest time in your life
      How you overcame one of the hardest times in your life.
      What makes you interested in sales
      A time when you thought about giving up on something but managed to get through it

Answer Question

Technology Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Agoura Hills, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems (Agoura Hills, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

40 minute telephone with hiring manager. Introductions and background shared. Straight forward questions about past successes and failures. What did I need to be successful. How well do I work under pressure. Most challenging situation I had and how did I handle it. Largest most complex project I've managed, when and outcome. How do I handle difficult people. When is it appropriate to escalate issues. It was good, relavent but tiring.

Interview Questions

• How do I handle difficult people?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fast. Will I accept the offer, can I start immediately after background check complete.

Service Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems (Dublin, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

the tek recruiter called me, explained everything they did i came into office gave him references, got interview it was quick and easy then i got offer and did drug test and background and started the job it was all good

Interview Questions

• tell me about your experience describe the panels you worked with   Answer Question

Systems Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TEKsystems (Thousand Oaks, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Phone screen, Skype, Skype, face to face, in office relevant testing, Backround and drug test. Very knowledgeable people doing the questioning and interviewing. Very honest techniques. No trick questions.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience, examples of accomplishments, how I would handle certain situations.   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems (Columbus, OH) in July 2014.

Interview

got contacted by recruiter, Had a phone interview with Tek, then with client. I was then sent to client for in person interview. I then waited a week or so while they interviewed others and was offered the job.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at TEKsystems in April 2015.

Interview

Nice and very friendly interview process, very different from other common questions, rather focus on your own self. People are very friendly and want to know about your self. A bit personal questions.

Recruiter Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems (Dallas, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

Got recruited by a recruiter via LinkedIn. Had 1 phone interview, then 1 in person interview. The girl on the phone interviewer who was in charge of setting up my in person interview forgot to tell me about it, then tried to tell me it was at 10AM at 8AM that same morning. Interviewer for the in person had me wait 45 min in the office. I never heard back anything from them and I emailed them 2 different times. So unprofessional

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions like strengths and weaknesses and how competitive are you and where do you see yourself in the future   Answer Question

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems (Baltimore, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

I spoke with two different recruiters. The first one found me and seemed very practical and down to earth about the company. The second was very much part of their corporate machine and used lots of corporate buzzwords/jargon. The second phone interview/screening process was over an hour and she asked questions about where I saw myself, how I worked in groups, etc. She also asked me what I knew about their company from my research, which I found off-putting, she basically wanted me to read back to her their "about us" page from their website, including very specific statistics and locations. It seemed a bit much for a job they had recruited me for and I hadn't sought out.

Interview Questions

• What is your ideal office environment?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years/ your future career?   Answer Question
    • What have you learned in your research about TEK systems?   1 Answer
    • Rank in order of importance: work/life balance, compensation, promotions/ ability to rise in the ranks (or something like that), and I believe something like feedback about your work.   Answer Question
    • How do you get to know your coworkers? and that led into a question about how engaged with them outside the workplace you are.   1 Answer

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone interview. Then moved on to a face to face with the Director of the office and an account manager. After that, they called my references. 2 hours later I received an offer. To the point and a very meaningful interview instead of asking the regular meaningless interview questions.