TEKsystems

2.8

Desktop Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at TEKsystems in December 2014.

After seeing a job posting on the TekSystems website i went ahead and submitted my resume. After that I was contacted by a recruiter. After several emails regarding this position we made plans for a meet and greet. Now, here is the thing, I am currently employed and looking for a higher paying job as I am making very little money at the moment. I spent money I didn't have and took time off work to make this meeting. When I get there they tell me the job is not going to happen and there are not any current jobs at the mmoment. I couldn't have been told this over the phone? Wtf. Thanks for wasting my time and money so you can pad your database. Never again.

Interview Questions
    • If I have worked with the clients systems before.   View Answer

Business Operations Associate Interview

The process was simple and straight forward. Phone screen, 2 face to face interviews and a shadow. You interview with you Managers, a Senior manager, and a Regional Controller.

No negotiation

Software QA Engineer Contractor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at TEKsystems in November 2014.

I was contacted via LinkedIn by a recruiter, then set up a phone screening. The recruiter was nice and friendly. We spoke on skype the following day. We mainly talked about my interest in working for the company/expected salary/company's culture. I then spoke about the same things with her account manager, who was also kind. I received an email the following day saying that they selected a different candidate with more experience.

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TEKsystems in August 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter who was super great/nice/engaging. We had a mini-phone interview and from there she set up an in person interview. Both interviewers were between 10-20 minutes late (no biggie) and one of them was incredibly nice while the other was rude and abrasive (which I don't say lightly) . I understood the good cop bad cop sort of thing for a sales process interview, but I also don't think the behavior was appropriate or professional.

Interview Questions

Because if they're abrasive in an interview- imagine them as your manager. No thanks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at TEKsystems in September 2012.

The hiring and interview process, although very lengthy, was not as difficult or as intimidating as I initially expected. I met with two Account Managers, who apparently thought I was good enough to meet with the DBO. From there, I had a Half-Day interview and met/shadowed a number of employees. Then, after "passing" that portion, I met with the person who was to be my initial AM. After that, the DBO offered me a position. The reason it took so long was because I began the interview 5 months before I received a formal offer. It seemed to drag on and on, which I didn't enjoy. However, during the first few weeks of work, I felt very comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • One of the most difficult questions I was asked was "How are you going to overcome difficult situations presented without experiencing an overload of stress?"   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. No matter where you lived, you received the same salary and commission structure. 30k with the potential for commission and bonus.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Was not what I expected it to be.. I prepared myself for all the questions that were listed here through the other reviews and all I got asked was "Tell me about yourself" after the interviewer (director and executive account manager) told me about themselves. Then they went through my experience as an undergrad, which doesn't really relate to the field but they were cracking down on my experience and even asked me if I knew I wanted to do _____ in high school..which wasn't even necessary. They were rude and only care about what I majored in but not my skills. They also never followed up with me to tell me whether or not I got the position. They could have at least sent me a "no" and a thank you for your interest.

Business Analyst Interview

The process is fairly quick. The recruiters will contact you immediately if interested and move you along. They do not have much control over how long the client will take to review and begin their process. They do a good job of preparing you for the hiring manager interview by giving you specific areas to highlight and some of the responses they liked in your initial interview.

Interview Questions
    • I don't believe they had one, but be prepared for questions around your commitment to the position or contract.   Answer Question
    Not much of a negation. They will give you 3 salary options that will decline as you elect benefits.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fountain Valley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fountain Valley, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems in February 2014.

They're trying to match you to whoever they need you for - hard to say - get to know your recruiter.. ask them questions until you get comfortable with the company that you are being recruited for. You will interview with tek and then whatever firm is seeking you.

Interview Questions
    • at the last interview - they had such a bad accent that I couldn't understand what they were asking and they didn't know the words to use in English - made things very challenging.   Answer Question
    the rate was already determined

EMR Trainer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems in May 2014.

It was fairly painless. They wanted make sure that my skill set fit the job requirements that they were trying to fill. Once the client's hiring manager was happy with the resume and skill set, they hired me.

Interview Questions
    • Just lots of paperwork to fill out and a test that was not hard but since it was a third party site where the assessment needed to be done, it was a little bit laborius. Waiting for the background check to clear can be a pain in the butt if you live in certain states.   Answer Question
    "This is the rate" no negotiation

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at TEKsystems.

One phone screen and a panel interview. Panel is with 3-4 Senior leaders in the office. This is so they can get a feel for how you would handle difficult situations.

Interview Questions
    • Very personal interview. They are very culture driven and want to find out if the person is a good fit for the team.   Answer Question