TEKsystems

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Rockville, MD

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at TEKsystems in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter. I went through 3 interviews and was hired after about 3 weeks. I had the initial phone, one on one and a final group interview. I received an answer after the last interview very quickly.

Interview Question – None. The questions were straight forward and relevant.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated my salary by having a salary range.

Recruit Interview

Recruit

Interviewed at TEKsystems

Interview Details – Emailed with my recruiter, who asked me to come in the next day for an interview. Basic get to know you questions, met with two other 'business developers.' Overall good interview experience, still waiting to hear about opportunities from them.

Interview Question – What are your biggest strengths?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details – The Corporate Recruiter was so nice and worked with me during the process. I was iffy about the job at first because of such a low pay and a training period. I decided to go to the in person interview and it was the weirdest interview I have ever been a part of. And I've been recruiting for a couple of years! She asked me literally my life story. I have to tell her things in order since I was born-to now. It was just weird, and I believe some of those questions were HR Violations. Not to mention she was rude and didn't seem to connect at all. She continued to call me back and asked if I wanted "feedback?" I wouldn't want to work for this company, and I certainly didn't appreciate the weird interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about your life story-the time you were born until now...

First of all, that's not even a legal question, second, what are you trying to get out of this?
  Answer Question

Inside Sales/Account Executive Interview

Inside Sales/Account Executive

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TEKsystems in December 2013.

Interview Details – I emailed a recruiter that I met at a career fair. We set up an interview fairly quickly, within a week or two. She was 20 minutes late in calling me but I had a fairly open schedule. She then asked me about myself, and where I see myself in 5 years.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you failed   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details – Several interviews with the company and typical testing and paperwork to complete. The interviews were with various people in the company, starting with lower levels and working up to the higher decision makers.

Interview Question – The most important thing a Project Manager does   Answer Question

Jasper Reports Interview

Jasper Reports

Interviewed at TEKsystems

Interview Details – very straight forward. only telephonic interview. 3 rounds of interview. all questions are expected and process was pretty fast and they also did a back ground check after the interview process.

Interview Question – all are expected ones   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

IT Support Specialist Interview

IT Support Specialist

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TEKsystems in April 2014.

Interview Details – The interviewing process went very well. Background checking and paperwork signing was also quick and efficient. Throughout the process, I was pleased with the level of communications. I was able to learn of any updates quickly by contacting my recruiter, and oftern I was contacted first before I had any questions.

Interview Question – Describe the biggest issues ever encountered and how it was resolved.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

ICD-9 Coder Interview

ICD-9 Coder
Gulfport, MS

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at TEKsystems in May 2014.

Interview Details – I did a brief interview over facetime with the lady who was helping me. A few days later, her manager called me and the next morning I met with the actual hospital who hired me on the spot.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was when I was asked how much I was paid at my last position, which was $25 an hour, and then she said, "well, this job pays $13 - I know that is less, but that is as high as we pay." That was awkward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not really any negotiations due to it being a contract position.

Very Difficult Interview

Technical Recruiter Interview

Technical Recruiter
Austin, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at TEKsystems in April 2011.

Interview Details – There were two phone screens and two in person interviews. One being a half day. All interviews were at least an thirty minutes long. Dress professionally when doing both in person interviews. That is an essential part of the process.

Interview Question – Life Story   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No your bottom line

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details – Ask me the questions from the resume, so the interviewee must to understand and know your experience very well. Except introduction yourself, they will ask about the last project you have done and you have to know the job description and focus on the expected person.

Interview Question – Waiting time   Answer Question