TEKsystems

Updated Jan 28, 2015
Updated Jan 28, 2015

2.8

Business Operations Associate Interview

The process was simple and straight forward. Phone screen, 2 face to face interviews and a shadow. You interview with you Managers, a Senior manager, and a Regional Controller.

No negotiation

Technical Recruiter Interview

Was not what I expected it to be.. I prepared myself for all the questions that were listed here through the other reviews and all I got asked was "Tell me about yourself" after the interviewer (director and executive account manager) told me about themselves. Then they went through my experience as an undergrad, which doesn't really relate to the field but they were cracking down on my experience and even asked me if I knew I wanted to do _____ in high school..which wasn't even necessary. They were rude and only care about what I majored in but not my skills. They also never followed up with me to tell me whether or not I got the position. They could have at least sent me a "no" and a thank you for your interest.

Business Analyst Interview

The process is fairly quick. The recruiters will contact you immediately if interested and move you along. They do not have much control over how long the client will take to review and begin their process. They do a good job of preparing you for the hiring manager interview by giving you specific areas to highlight and some of the responses they liked in your initial interview.

Interview Questions
    • I don't believe they had one, but be prepared for questions around your commitment to the position or contract.   Answer Question
    Not much of a negation. They will give you 3 salary options that will decline as you elect benefits.

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at TEKsystems.

One phone screen and a panel interview. Panel is with 3-4 Senior leaders in the office. This is so they can get a feel for how you would handle difficult situations.

Interview Questions
    • Very personal interview. They are very culture driven and want to find out if the person is a good fit for the team.   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview process is very intimidating in certain ways. Starts off with a phone interview from a corporate recruiter, which is pretty relaxed and just them getting to know you. Then it moves to a 1 on 1 with the head of the office. From there it is a half day interview. On the half day you meet with around 7 different people. 1 on 1 interview with multiple Account Managers as well as a panel interview and also lunch with the head of the office.

Instructional Designer Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at TEKsystems.

For me, TEKsystems called me and asked a few questions about my background (screening). After that, I had an interview with the hiring manager, HR Representative, and maybe another co-worker.

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe the work atmosphere you most prefer?   View Answer
    They said this was as much as they could get for me. I had worked for Consult Net at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney for $45/hour.

Recruiter/Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at TEKsystems.

Phone interview, face to face with Manager of Business Operations, then shadowing day in the office. It was a fairly easy interview. They are really just trying to get to know what kind of person you are to see if you would be a good fit for the company. They are looking for a person who is a hard worker and someone passionate about sales or getting into sales.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult thing you experienced in your personal life?   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Contractor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at TEKsystems in November 2014.

I was contacted via LinkedIn by a recruiter, then set up a phone screening. The recruiter was nice and friendly. We spoke on skype the following day. We mainly talked about my interest in working for the company/expected salary/company's culture. I then spoke about the same things with her account manager, who was also kind. I received an email the following day saying that they selected a different candidate with more experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems in November 2014.

The interview process is more about who you are, rather than what you have done. If they don't like you off the bat, then good luck getting past that. It's a little unconventional in the since that you don't really talk about your resume too much.

Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TEKsystems in November 2014.

The hiring process was three rounds. I received an interview after meeting recruiters at an on campus career fair. The first round was a phone interview, pretty generic questions more along the lines of getting to know your background and experience. The second round interview was in their downtown Chicago office. It lasted about 1.5 hours and was relaxed, mostly questions about why sales, your personality and what motivated you. The third round was also in their downtown office and was a half day interview where I met with several employees. During this round many of the questions felt inappropriate and not related to the position. A lot of questions about my personal and family life were asked. For example: Are your parents paying for your educations? And tell me about your family, are your parents married still? Just bizarre questions to ask during an interview. The interviewers claimed it was because TekSystems was "like a family and they wanted to really know you" but I got a more nosy and intrusive feeling from the questions. None of the interview questions were particularly difficult, mostly related to sales and character traits. I was told to call back two days later to follow up after the third round. I left multiple emails and voice mails during the course of the week but I didn't get a response until a week later when I was told they wanted somebody who could start immediately (I graduate in May) and with more experience. I was not compensated for gas and travel for the 2nd or 3rd round interviews. None of the stages were particularly difficult but it felt like the whole process was a waste of time.