TEKsystems Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.8

Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TEKsystems.

I approached TEKsystems at my college career fair. I had an on campus interview the next day and was sent an online test/background info that I had to fill out within 24-48 hours. The interview was really about making sure you want to go into sales and sales is what you're passionate for. The lady interviewing me literally asked me why I would be good at sales 5 times and expected 5 different answers, and "being a people person" wasn't a good enough answer for them. I haven't gotten an offer yet, but I accepted a second round interview in their office in Chicago.

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems.

This was such a bizarre interview process. I literally have phone calls to talk about "grinding" and all the hard work I *probably* wasn't ready for like 5 times. I went to lunch with employees, shadowed a few people, had more one-on-ones, and STILL hadn't gotten a yes or no. For a company that recruits as a passion, you'd think they would learn how to make it a simpler process for those involved. I traveled SEVERAL times across the state to be at these interviews, and it was frustrating that I kept having to come back, have hour long phonecalls, or sit through lunch-interviews.

I finally just told them I found a position somewhere else, which I had, after several weeks of getting 0 positive remarks from Teksystems.

Don't exhaust your potential hires. It was frustrating and confusing that they were obviously interested in me, but were not fully committed. I don't want to me involved with an indecisive company such as this.

Sales/Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TEKsystems in February 2015.

Brief Phone call then 2nd stage in person interview. I was a little worried when the Office Manger did not show up instead I was handed off to his associates who were very nice but still unnerving. The interview took about an hour at which point I ask 4-5 questions and did not mention their competitors at which point they told me that I did not research about the other companies which had me confused because they did not ask me any questions about the other companies. Also that I interviewed with them too early in my job searching process.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a co worker who disagreed with you?   Answer Question

Business Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems in February 2015.

The process was simple and straight forward. Phone screen, 2 face to face interviews and a shadow. You interview with you Managers, a Senior manager, and a Regional Controller.The panel interview was kind of awkward with one person asking most of the questions and having the other people chime in every so often.

IT Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems in February 2015.

There were questions mostly about your personality and how you work in a team. I went through an initial phone screening with a recruiter, phone interview, and finally an in person interview after filling out an online profile. The in person interview itself took about an hour. They mostly wanted you to get them to engage (cause it's sales.)

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems.

Felt like a one on one conversation as opposed to an interview, very comfortable and not intimidating. However, I was asked a few questions that wouldn't normally be asked (like what do your parents do for a living). I feel that was a little too personal for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were unexpected or difficult. Very predictable questions that one can expect in any interview. More behavioral questions.   View Answer

Offered another job that I preferred

Business Operations Associate Interview

Typical interview. Initial phone screen, phone interview, then panel interview. The panel interview was kind of awkward with one person asking most of the questions and having the other people chime in every so often. Whole process took about 2 weeks- partly due to scheduling mistakes on their end.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were usual and typical. There wasn't a difficult question that stood out.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

45 minute phone screen. They went over the company history and values. They then asked about the values and personal values. They also asked very in depth questions about previous experiences. It was a very typical phone interview. Then in person interview in front of a hiring committee. Asked similar questions.

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems.

Was reached through Linkedin and progressed to Open House. Next, conducted one-on-one interview with Director of Business Ops. Later did a shadow day consisting of sitting in on a meeting during the morning and then meeting with individual account managers and then shadowing recruiters.

Recuriter/Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at TEKsystems in January 2015.

I applied online and a few months later a recruiter emailed me and asked if am still interested. I told her was and we talked. When I asked she told me I would be working 50 to 60 hours a week. Having a young child this would not work for me. You also try to soft sell IT people into letting you match them with new jobs. This did not seem like the kind of job for me. I also found it odd and wondered if it was even legal that she asked where else I had applied and did I have any other offers or interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Where else have you applied and do you have any offers or interviews.   View Answer