TEKsystems Interview Questions

Updated Oct 22, 2014
Updated Oct 22, 2014

2.8

Instructional Designer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems in September 2014.

Thorough screening and interview process. It helped that they wanted to see me in person before submitting my resume to the client. It was easier to establish rapport that way instead of a cold impersonal phone call which seems to be the interview/screening norm these day.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation at all. They were very clear from the beginning about the hourly rate and I didn't want to be picky since this was my first job after moving to the U.S

Contractor Interview

Always go through the motions of getting people into the system, but I never hear anything from them after that. I've dealt with them on and off for 15 years.

IT Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems in August 2014.

The corporate recruiters are very friendly and want to know mostly about your personal life. They do focus on your career and education, but seem very rigid and not flexible on understanding different types of backgrounds and job history. They seem to hate job hopping, but some industries, that is the norm and the TEK recruiters dont seem to understand that not everyone is the same and not every industry is the same. Some jobs it is bad to change, but every industry is different. I feel the recruiters are looking for a very particular type of person to be with their company. Not very open to all different types of qualified applicants, and this can be a negative thing for them and miss out on hiring a great recruiter for the company.

Be prepared as a recruiter to work very long hours sometimes, usually around 730am until 630 pm. Not the best career for a work life balance. I sort of felt like I was interviewing with robots though because they seem so cut and dry, its black or white. There is nothing in the middle or flexible with them.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were pretty straight forward, not hard.   View Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online – interviewed at TEKsystems in August 2014.

I was contacted only a day or two after applying for the position. The process consisted of phone and in person interviews. The questions seemed pretty basic, nothing too odd. Overall the process was fairly quick and easy.

Interview Questions
    I did not need to negotiate anything.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems in August 2014.

Very prepared for interview process and account manager met with me prior to intervierview. planning, scheduling and preparation were all on target. Recruiter provided job description then submited resume to Account manager who in turn submitted to client. Client requested in person interview, followed up by onboarding interview after offering the position.

Interview Questions
    • Usually request experiences pertaining to position, "Tell me about..." or "Give a real life example....". This is only difficult if you do not hae the experience to back up your resume.   Answer Question
    Direct, we negotiated salary prior to interview based on going market rate and client contract.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at TEKsystems in August 2014.

The hiring process for this recruiter is very murky and they will not be straightforward with you at any time. I feel that they took me for a ride. I had a phone screening then a face to face interview. I was very optimistic that I made an excellent impression. The feedback they gave me did not make any sense, in fact it was ruled out by their own job description and what I heard by the lead network engineer. Either it wasn't a real job and just got paid to bring in candidates or there was some discrimination involved.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems.

Phone screen with regional recruiter. In-house interview with DBO (Director of Business Operations). Half-day job shadow interview with recruiters, AM's. Panel interview with 2 account managers. Pretty easy interviews however the panel was pretty grueling with them just trying to make you feel bad.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the hardest time you've gone through in life and how you overcame it.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. 30k base unless your in Cali or the East Coast.

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems.

The interview process was awesome and very interactive. Initial phone screen is very basic. If you pass that you go onto a one on one with the DBO. He digs into your background but the questions are pretty basic. Next comes the fun part, a half day shadow in the office. This is still an interview so act accordingly.

QA Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems.

Be yourself and know your stuff. Be confident in your abilities and what you want out of a job. The requiters will work with you to find that perfect job.

Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems.

This is a multiple stage interview process. They initially begin with an Open House where you get a chance to meet with the recruiters, account managers and the director of business operations. It may seem like they are just being welcoming and friendly, this is the opportunity to show your communication skills. Meet as many people as you can, ask a lot of questions and be a leader of the conversation. This will put your name into their memories and they will remember you during their next meeting. Every business card that you receive, send a thank you email that includes a few questions. Make sure they are personalized and show you have an interest in sales and the company.

If you make a good impression there, you will be invited to a sit down interview with the DBO. This is a standard face to face interview, be confident and ask questions.

If you make a good impression in that interview, you will then be invited to attend a 1/2 Day interview. Ask a LOT of questions during this interview as this is your opportunity to discover how the company operates on a daily basis.

If you make another good impression, there will be a panel interview of all the account managers. This is a bit more intense and they will try to see how you handle hard-hitting questions about your experiences, background and desires. Make sure you emphasis that you want to work in sales.