TEKsystems

Updated Feb 18, 2015
Updated Feb 18, 2015

2.8

Recuriter/Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at TEKsystems in January 2015.

I applied online and a few months later a recruiter emailed me and asked if am still interested. I told her was and we talked. When I asked she told me I would be working 50 to 60 hours a week. Having a young child this would not work for me. You also try to soft sell IT people into letting you match them with new jobs. This did not seem like the kind of job for me. I also found it odd and wondered if it was even legal that she asked where else I had applied and did I have any other offers or interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Where else have you applied and do you have any offers or interviews.   View Answer

Project Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems in January 2015.

I was initially contacted by the recruiter by email to let me know that my resume had been received, and she would like to follow up with me the next day to find out exactly what I was looking for. Well, I did not receive a call from her until three days later. We played phone tag for about a week, then through email we scheduled a phone screening. After the phone screening, I had an in depth phone interview two days later. The phone interview lasted for about an hour. After the phone interview, I realized that this was not a company that I wanted to work for (it was one of the most intense interviews that I have ever had).

Interview Questions
    • What did you learn about the company from the website? (After I responded with what I thought was a detailed response, the recruiter asked me if there was anything else that I would like to add. Then she gave me an entire history of the company).

Do you mix business and your personal life?

How did you handle offering criticism to a previous or current co-worker?

Why are you looking for another position?

How long have you been looking for a new position? What types of positions have you applied for? Have you had any other interviews? What is the status? (I felt quite uncomfortable and awkward responding to the last set of questions because I felt like this information is my personal business).

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems in January 2015.

Referral from a friend. Received email then a call from recruiter.
    Process took 2 weeks. Recruiter put words in my mouth and pin me to an hourly rate.
    Without applying to any job it is impossible to give a rate. Very unprofessional.
    After I objected, no more interviews were forthcoming.

I've worked for many agencies before but TEKsystems is from hell.

IT Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at TEKsystems in January 2015.

Really honed in on the 'Why?' of wanting the job and the resiliency to be able to handle rejection and commit to succeeding. It is a great interview process for someone that has a lot of fire, but maybe not a lot of technical skills. I enjoyed it though because it allowed for TEKsystems to see if I was a good fit for them, and also it allowed for me to see if it would be a good fit for me. They have room for advancement in the company, but it seemed a bit dry for me.

PC Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems in January 2015.

I was contacted by a front line recruiter from a job posting I submitted. I spoke with him a few times, then gave him my references. After my references verified me, he contacted me to indicate that I would be meeting with another TEKsystems recruiter at my location (my initial contact was with an out of town recruiter). I then met with the local recruiter, who conducted a more thorough interview

IT Recruiter Interview

Contacted by a current TEKsystems recruiter on LinkedIn because of common past work experience and then set up a phone interview with a territory recruiter. They asked a lot of basic questions about my education and past work experience. It seemed like a get-to-know-you interview and test of your phone presence, as this is a big part of the job. An in person interview was set up immediately during the phone interview with the director of the location I was applying for. I then had to complete a lengthy job history form online before the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is your ideal position to be in within 5 years?
      What motivates you?
      What has been your biggest struggle to overcome either in your personal life or work life?

Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA
    Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at TEKsystems in January 2015.

Got a call from an HR rep, had to fill out a ten page application after and then never heard back after following up with them multiple times. They asked a lot of questions about my current positions in college and then also asked way back to how I was involved in high school.

TPM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems in January 2015.

Very brief interview. Recruiters are part of the interviewing team and they also prepare you for the interview. Almost all the questions were already prepared. I found it strange but it works. Their rates are not competitive.

Another offer.

Recruiter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems.

First there was a 30-40 min phone interview gauging interest and a few basic question and then an in office interview that was just one on one very laid back and the interviewer was the best i have talked too.

Technical Recruiter Interview

I was able to bypass any phone interviews thanks to an internal reference. I then participated in a half-day interview, where I spent the morning meeting with various individual employees, just to show that I could communicate and relate to several people I did not know. After that I concluded my time in the office with a 3-on-1 panel interview with upper management. This is where the company really tries to get to know you and your motives behind attempting a career in sales and IT. I would rank it as a difficult interview, however I am typically a good interviewer. Everyone I met was great; they all were open, honest and interesting to talk to.