TEKsystems

302 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Inside Sales/Account Executive Interview

Inside Sales/Account Executive

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TEKsystems in December 2013.

Interview Details – I emailed a recruiter that I met at a career fair. We set up an interview fairly quickly, within a week or two. She was 20 minutes late in calling me but I had a fairly open schedule. She then asked me about myself, and where I see myself in 5 years.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you failed   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details – Several interviews with the company and typical testing and paperwork to complete. The interviews were with various people in the company, starting with lower levels and working up to the higher decision makers.

Interview Question – The most important thing a Project Manager does   Answer Question

Jasper Reports Interview

Jasper Reports

Interviewed at TEKsystems

Interview Details – very straight forward. only telephonic interview. 3 rounds of interview. all questions are expected and process was pretty fast and they also did a back ground check after the interview process.

Interview Question – all are expected ones   Answer Question

IT Support Specialist Interview

IT Support Specialist

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TEKsystems in April 2014.

Interview Details – The interviewing process went very well. Background checking and paperwork signing was also quick and efficient. Throughout the process, I was pleased with the level of communications. I was able to learn of any updates quickly by contacting my recruiter, and oftern I was contacted first before I had any questions.

Interview Question – Describe the biggest issues ever encountered and how it was resolved.   Answer Question

ICD-9 Coder Interview

ICD-9 Coder
Gulfport, MS

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at TEKsystems in May 2014.

Interview Details – I did a brief interview over facetime with the lady who was helping me. A few days later, her manager called me and the next morning I met with the actual hospital who hired me on the spot.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was when I was asked how much I was paid at my last position, which was $25 an hour, and then she said, "well, this job pays $13 - I know that is less, but that is as high as we pay." That was awkward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not really any negotiations due to it being a contract position.

Very Difficult Interview

Austin, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at TEKsystems in April 2011.

Interview Details – There were two phone screens and two in person interviews. One being a half day. All interviews were at least an thirty minutes long. Dress professionally when doing both in person interviews. That is an essential part of the process.

Interview Question – Life Story   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No your bottom line

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details – Ask me the questions from the resume, so the interviewee must to understand and know your experience very well. Except introduction yourself, they will ask about the last project you have done and you have to know the job description and focus on the expected person.

Interview Question – Waiting time   Answer Question

Installation Technician Interview

Installation Technician

I applied online - interviewed at TEKsystems in September 2010.

Interview Details – Nice people and relaxed atmosphere. Started with a phone interview and and always a face to face getting to know you type interview. No technical questions. A note on dealing with TekSystems in the past-they oftimes have remote offices call you for positions that are either to remote for you to take or that would be normally sent to the local office. Apparently with their commission process they often step on each other's territories. I've for example had a caller from Chicago who wanted me to report daily to her office wven though the job was local to me in Milwaukee.

Interview Question – No technical questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The pay was low for responsibilities. I asked for more money $25 hr but they sent in a contract for $20. It wasn't made clear to me what I would be paid until I looked at the contract which I had to sign the night before when it was faxed to me. In small characters the pay was indicated.

Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in April 2014.

Interview Details – I found the job posting online and emailed the recruiter who posted it. She responded almost immediately with plenty of literature on the company and the position. She called the next morning as well, so you won't be waiting around long to hear back. The phone conversation was largely behavioral questions. Tell me about a time you overcame adversity, a time you were most proud of yourself, a time when you accomplished something, tell me about a time when you accomplished a goal and how you did it, etc. But I would not recommend the position if you are not 100% about sales, or can't convey that strongly to an interviewer. You need to very clearly explain to them that you are competitive and a very driven salesperson and a team player (if in fact you are of course) and why. Be extremely confident throughout the whole interview, it's very important to them. Side note: It is an office job averaging 55 phone calls a day, and you don't leave your desk often.

Interview Question – You like to build relationships and have great customer service skills in regards to sales, but why do you want to be in sales? (I thought that was as far as I would need to go)   View Answer

Technical Recruiter

Interview Details – Was called about setting up a phone interview the day after applying. The interviewer seemed more focused on my lack of extracurriculars in college than any of my skills. Within the interview I asked the exact details of the position, which included very long hours and spending breaks and after work dinners with clients. I realized at that point that I was not interested in the position. However, it did not matter. I was told they were conducting other interviews and would contact me within the next few days to tell me the outcome. I was never contacted.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be a recruiter? ( Be sure to have a thorough explanation of why you applied.)
What 3 things motivate you?
  Answer Question