Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at TEKsystems
- Technical Recruiter (106)
- Recruiter (78)
- IT Recruiter (19)
- Project Manager (16)
- Business Analyst (15)
- Software Engineer (14)
- Business Operations Associate (14)
- Software Developer (12)
- IT Consultant (8)
- Senior Software Engineer (5)
- Help Desk Analyst (5)
- Account Manager (5)
- Contractor (5)
- Desktop Support (5)
- Network Engineer (4)
- QA Analyst (4)
- Senior Business Analyst (4)
- Systems Analyst (4)
- Technician (4)
- Business Systems Analyst (4)
- Senior Project Manager (3)
- IT Project Manager (3)
- Project Analyst (3)
- Desktop Support Technician (3)
- Sales Operations Analyst (2)
- Human Resources Executive (2)
- Customer Support Associate (2)
- Senior Consultant (2)
- Credit Analyst (2)
- Data Analyst (2)
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TEKsystems.
First you will have a phone interview with an internal Receuiter, if that goes well then you'll move to personal interview with the director of business operations and/or senior account manager; if that goes well you'll more to a half day. Final step is reference check then offer.
- Tell me about a time you persevered through something very challenging, strengths, weaknesses, accomplishments/failures. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems.
interviewed in-person with 2 account managers then interviewed in-person with 2 directors was referred into the interview by a friend of mine the interviews were focused on determining if I aligned with the culture, instead of determining if I could do the recruiting job, so culture is the #1 priority
- describe your experience building relationships, describe your experience with outside sales, who referred you into the interview, describe how you've overcome challenges to reach a goal, please tell me about your experience with leading a group of people Answer Question
- Declined OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Tempe, AZ) in August 2015.
I had 2 phone interviews, and one in person interview. Just heard feedback, and waiting to hear back from recruiter. It was somewhat lengthy because of other jobs I was interviewing for, but the recruiter was always great in communicating with me.
- Difficult scenarios you've dealt with in life, why do you think you'd be a good fit, can you persevere? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems.
Phone screen with internal recruiter. In person with Director and then a panel interview with some of the members of the team. After the final interview with the team, the director will sit with the members that interviewed you to get final thoughts and to see if you will be a good fit
- Why Teksystems? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive Experience
Short sweet and to the point, I don't remember even much of an interview process I was just kinda called. I did a short interview over the phone. After which, I was brought in to fill out all of the required paperwork and then I started employment.
- What my prior experience was and what I felt comfortable with. Answer Question
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Hanover, MD).
Initial contact to express interest. Then a phone interview with the same recruiter next day. It took about an hour. Be prepared with standard questions. Also, they will ask about a time you gave and received feedback. A difficult conversation. What you like least about your previous jobs. Know the core values and be able to discuss them (have notes during phone call). Then an in person interview/shadow. Starts with shadow of current team member and then standard interview questions with team manager. Then you go to the two upper level managers and meet with them for a while. Very standard questions. Just know they take their core values serious and tailor your answers with that in mind.
- they will ask about a time you gave and received feedback. A difficult conversation. What you like least about your previous jobs. Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TEKsystems (New York, NY) in July 2015.
Recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. I didn't respond and after ~4 months received a second email from the same recruiter claiming I'm on her "short list" of people she is very interested in connecting with. She asked if she could call me for a 10min chat. This time I said yes and we scheduled a time. She proceeded to call me and begin an interview (not that I wasn't prepared but she prefaced the email like she want to chat and give me a little insight on their company). I went through the call not truly understanding recruiting and basically sold my sales skills to her. I was told that was "too vague" and kept being pushed for a deeper reason I want to be a recruiter. On top of that, she asked me how I found this company/heard about TEKsystems--pulled an answer out of nowhere because she had reached out to me! It was so strange. Does she just have a list of questions she's reading off of?!?! It was beyond unusual. -lack of explanation of the company/roll -expected a non-recruiter to understand the logistics - didn't ask questions that would allow me to show my character or personality
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2015.
The interview process was very therapeutic and honest. The interviewers were very nice and welcoming. Three managers interviewed me in an small conference room in their main St. Louis office. I didn't have to wait long to be interviewed. They asked questions about how learned of this position and then looked over my resume to gain some knowledge about me. They took turns on asking questions about my resume then they allowed me to tell my story on why I would be good for their company and what drives me to be great. It was very honest and real interview. At the end, they allowed me to pepper them with any questions I had for them. Overall it was a positive experience.
- They asked me about what motives me. 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Boston, MA) in July 2015.
I was interviewed 3 months ago, the person who interviewed me was so nice and professional, then they asked for 1:1 interview and it was very easy , questions about previous experience and skills based on my CV and it was very focused on organization and communication skills plus domain knowledge
- whatever you mention in your CV will be a potential question, 1 Answer
keep negotiating till you get the right rate, don't sell your self cheap
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Baltimore, MD) in July 2015.
It started out with a phone screening with an HR manager where you were asked basic information about yourself and the company. Then a phone interview was scheduled. Most of the questions during the phone interview were behavioral questions and about the company's core values. The in person interview consisted of meeting with three supervisors for about an hour. More behavioral questions and stuff about the company and their core values. After the interview, you shadow with a current employee. Overall, it was a good interview experience. Make sure you know the core values and how you would fit with the company.
- What do you struggle with the most? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review