TEKsystems Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online. Within a week or two I was contacted by a regional recruiter for a phone interview. The interview was pretty standard - tell me about yourself, are you competitive, why sales/recruiting, describe for me a time when, etc. I was moved to the second round of interviews in which I did a branch visit and panel interview with the branch manager and an account manager. They were very polite and engaging. Prior to the interview you fill out a background report with experience and they used that to guide the interview, which lasted about an hour and a half. Following the interview they said they would be in contact with me within the next week and if I didn't hear from them then I should call. Well, I didn't hear from them. I sent them both follow up thank you emails, only heard back from the ranch manager saying he would be in contact with me soon. Another week goes by, no word. I sent another email on a Thursday mornjng inquiring where they were I the process and that I was still very interested. No word back. I called on Monday, no answer. I called on Tuesday and finally got the branch manager who informed me that I interviews all and I was an ideal candidate, but they wee going with someone else. eexpernice

Interview Questions

• What makes you competitive? Give an example of teamwork? How do you communicate and deal with criticism?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

I had worked with a recruiter for locating a position. He presented me with a position which sounded very interesting. After having an initial phone call with the recruiter I provided an update to date resume and he set me up with a phone interview with their client two days later. After having initial interview things went well and moved on to the next stage which would be face-to-face. Long story short after the face-to-face I was presented with an offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

• What is a foreign key and primary key? What is cross join & how would you use it? What are the database indexes? What can you offer to our team?   Answer Question

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems (Wichita, KS) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview then meeting in a small office. The interview focused a lot on customer service experience I had at my former job instead of technical experience I had been trained for. This put me off a bit. Then I followed up and they stated the hiring manager at the company the contract was for had just returned and would let me know when there were updates. I did not recieve any updates for a few weeks so I inquired and another week has passed without my emails being returned. The recruiter did state they was always open for communication to help the potential employees get the job. We shall see.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult situation you handled at your job?   1 Answer

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

Inappropriate. Phone interview, online assessment, in person panel interview, half day at office. They seem nice and like a great company but the questions I was asked were a good bit too personal for a job interview especially with someone that would be your future boss. Was asked what my parents do, what my significant other did, how long we had been together, personal hardships, who else I was interviewing with... along with many other questions like that... Wish I had asked how these questions pertained to the job I was interviewing for...

Interview Questions

• What do your parents do? Tell me your life story... What does your significant other do?   Answer Question

Did not want to work in a place that conducted such unprofessional interviews.. Turn over rate is 35%

Recruiter Interview

Interview

After an employee recommendation, set up an interview within a week. Rescheduled (thankfully, because it appeared they had also scheduled for the wrong date anyway when they sent the cancellation). Telephone interview asked typical but almost antiquated questions. Felt very forced and condescending. From the start it felt like he/she wasn't interested in conducting the interview, so why bother setting one up? Very different feel from the employee who had made the recommendation. Sounded very young and slightly judgmental. My overall impression is that they are looking for someone to give their whole life to the company, and I'm sure my interview did nothing to suggest I was willing to do so. Interesting way of weeding people out. I'm sure it works for those who can make Teksystems their life.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weaknesses, what I did to prepare for the interview, why I want a job in sales, most difficult job, most difficult thing in my life...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at TEKsystems (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process was unorganized. I flew all the way to Chicago to interview (paying with my own money). When I got there, the two senior recruiters I was supposed to meet with were not there and I ended up just having a conversation with two account executives who did not have much authority in the hiring process. I followed up twice and never heard back.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

WORST INTERVIEW EVER! The process consisted of three steps: Phone Interview, In person interview, and finally a half-day in the office. The phone interview was very nice and professional. When I can in for the in person interview, things seemed to go well at first. However, half way through the interview, my interviewer asked me to describe some character flaws that I have struggled with in the past. They spent the majority of the interview ripping me apart and looking for different faults in my character. They asked very uncomfortable questions about personal life and came across as very unprofessional. They asked me to come in for a half day after the interview and I accepted in spite of my better instincts. When I came in for the half day, other members of the management team grilled me about issues they assumed that I had. It was an overall negative experience in which the interviewers did everything possible to make other people around them feel small. Life is too short to work with people who treat others this way.

Interview Questions

• "I think people might have a hard time getting along with you. Why do you think that is?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at TEKsystems (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

A lot of very personal questions were asked during the interview. For example, I was asked what my parents did for a living. Many very personal questions were asked. I did not feel uncomfortable but a little overwhelmed with how much she wanted to know about me. This could be good or bad. Be careful how you answer questions.

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems (Cedar Rapids, IA) in May 2015.

Interview

They start off with a phone interview. After that you go on to interview with the director of operations for that location. If all goes well you get a job shadow and they take you to lunch. After the job shadow they tell you to give them a week to get back to you. They send out an email if you don't get hired.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about talking on the phone for 8 hours a day?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems (Melville, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by HR after posting my resume on my university alumni portal. The process was very quick and timely. It consisted of a phone screening, phone interview, in-person interview and a half day. At the end, they require two references before extending you an offer. They really want to get to know who you are so its a little bit more in-depth and personal than a typical interview. They also want to know that you are money driven and have a willingness to help people.

Interview Questions

• Focused on failures and successes in both college and high school. Asked about strengths and weaknesses of both yourself in your current job as well as your employer.   Answer Question