TEKsystems Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.8

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TEKsystems (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. I didn't respond and after ~4 months received a second email from the same recruiter claiming I'm on her "short list" of people she is very interested in connecting with. She asked if she could call me for a 10min chat. This time I said yes and we scheduled a time. She proceeded to call me and begin an interview (not that I wasn't prepared but she prefaced the email like she want to chat and give me a little insight on their company). I went through the call not truly understanding recruiting and basically sold my sales skills to her. I was told that was "too vague" and kept being pushed for a deeper reason I want to be a recruiter. On top of that, she asked me how I found this company/heard about TEKsystems--pulled an answer out of nowhere because she had reached out to me! It was so strange. Does she just have a list of questions she's reading off of?!?! It was beyond unusual. -lack of explanation of the company/roll -expected a non-recruiter to understand the logistics - didn't ask questions that would allow me to show my character or personality

Interview Questions

• How did you first hear about TEKsystems?   1 Answer
    • What has drawn you to the recruiter position?   1 Answer

IT Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very therapeutic and honest. The interviewers were very nice and welcoming. Three managers interviewed me in an small conference room in their main St. Louis office. I didn't have to wait long to be interviewed. They asked questions about how learned of this position and then looked over my resume to gain some knowledge about me. They took turns on asking questions about my resume then they allowed me to tell my story on why I would be good for their company and what drives me to be great. It was very honest and real interview. At the end, they allowed me to pepper them with any questions I had for them. Overall it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about what motives me.   1 Answer

Business Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Baltimore, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

It started out with a phone screening with an HR manager where you were asked basic information about yourself and the company. Then a phone interview was scheduled. Most of the questions during the phone interview were behavioral questions and about the company's core values. The in person interview consisted of meeting with three supervisors for about an hour. More behavioral questions and stuff about the company and their core values. After the interview, you shadow with a current employee. Overall, it was a good interview experience. Make sure you know the core values and how you would fit with the company.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

They are looking for competitive, driven, motivated, and fun individuals to work for them. They will phone screen you then a one on one with the director followed by a lunch or dinner panel interview.

Interview Questions

• They ask questions to get to know who you are as a person and want to know what drives and motivates you. They expect you to be vulnerable with each other and really put everything out there.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

Phone call. All the woman talked about was how much better they were than the other companies. I understand that you want to beat the competition, but the way she was speaking about it was bragging and saying how other companies have just "copied" them and no one else holds a candle to them.

Recruiter/Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

The phone interview was very informal and quick; I was asked what questions I had for the interviewer as well as what I knew about the company. I shared the information I learned online (from their website, glassdoor, etc.) and asked questions about the company's culture, expectations, and day-to-day office happenings.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

The initial interview was a phone screen with DBO. I was instructed to find a few recruiters who work for TEKsystems and call them to ask about the role, expectations, hardest part, easiest part, etc. After that was completed I called the DBO back and then an onsite interview with the DBO was scheduled. I also met with 4 Account Manager's. I did a 1/2 day, where I sat with a few different recruiters so I could see first hand what some of their day to day duties.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed. What motivates you? What is the hardest thing you have had to overcome?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

interviewed with 4 people, started with a phone interview, 2 1 on 1's, and then a panel. Tough questions, very concerned about how you fit culturally within the organization. Wasn't overly concerned with my background, more my work ethic and cultural fit.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this opportunity?   1 Answer

IT Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Chicago, IL).

Interview

A phone interview, in person interview, third lunch interview. Whatever you were taught straight out of business school about interviews...toss it out the window for the in person interview. They really want to know about you as a person to have an understanding of if this job is a good fit for your personality. Very personal questions asked. Were you the slacker in fraternity life? Do you feel like you fought for attention as the middle child? VERY PERSONAL but not invasive in my opinion. Don't be afraid to show your flaws, they want to work with you if you're a good candidate to conquer those issues and aim for progress. Be teachable and show how opened you are to making mistakes and being trained.

Sales/Recruiter Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The interview process is split up between an initial conversation, a phone interview, and then a on site interview. The phone call may range from 30-60 mins depending on the interviewer. After the phone interview you receive an interview letting you know whether or not you have successfully passed on to the next phase.