TEKsystems Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015
Updated Apr 9, 2015

2.8

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I saw the position they have available online which the job description requirements was exactly what i am doing in my current position. I applied to know more about the company, position and salary of course. (I did not apply becase i didnt have a job, it was just being open to see whats out there).
    They called me the day after and left me a voice mail, no following email which i believe is not very professional. i did not get their voice mail as my sprint vm recwiving was messed up for a few days. So basically i had no idea they have reached and as i said no email.
    Then someone emails from that company and without any information about the position only saying that one of my coworkers have reached you let us know if you are still interested.
    So i email back and ask for that persons contact information and guess what no response.
    so 3 days later i get voice mail systema fixed through sprint and call the lady who left me the vm and i wish i would have never called.
    one of the worst interview experience.
    She asked a little about what i do which i ecplained and then it all started that why did you do this and why did you do that and of couse in the most condescending way.
    All i can say is that this was horrible. Bad enough to make me write this review.

Interview Questions

• Why did you put xyz in your resume?
      Where do you see your self in the next position?
      why do you study xyx ? (Condescending)
      why did you get this certificate ? (Condescending)

1 Answer

IT Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

standard sit down interview. Asked many different questions about the company and what I knew about it. Also asked about my past history with jobs as well as with school. Asked about what I had heard about the company as well.

NOC Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

You are brought into a room with one person conducting the interview and another individual observing and asking a series of questions pertaining to the job you are applying for like any other interview. Nothing felt forced.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions about previous employment and relevant work experience.   2 Answers

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

I approached TEKsystems at my college career fair. I had an on campus interview the next day and was sent an online test/background info that I had to fill out within 24-48 hours. The interview was really about making sure you want to go into sales and sales is what you're passionate for. The lady interviewing me literally asked me why I would be good at sales 5 times and expected 5 different answers, and "being a people person" wasn't a good enough answer for them. I haven't gotten an offer yet, but I accepted a second round interview in their office in Chicago.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

This was such a bizarre interview process. I literally have phone calls to talk about "grinding" and all the hard work I *probably* wasn't ready for like 5 times. I went to lunch with employees, shadowed a few people, had more one-on-ones, and STILL hadn't gotten a yes or no. For a company that recruits as a passion, you'd think they would learn how to make it a simpler process for those involved. I traveled SEVERAL times across the state to be at these interviews, and it was frustrating that I kept having to come back, have hour long phonecalls, or sit through lunch-interviews.

I finally just told them I found a position somewhere else, which I had, after several weeks of getting 0 positive remarks from Teksystems.

Don't exhaust your potential hires. It was frustrating and confusing that they were obviously interested in me, but were not fully committed. I don't want to me involved with an indecisive company such as this.

Sales/Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TEKsystems (Bellevue, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

Brief Phone call then 2nd stage in person interview. I was a little worried when the Office Manger did not show up instead I was handed off to his associates who were very nice but still unnerving. The interview took about an hour at which point I ask 4-5 questions and did not mention their competitors at which point they told me that I did not research about the other companies which had me confused because they did not ask me any questions about the other companies. Also that I interviewed with them too early in my job searching process.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a co worker who disagreed with you?   Answer Question

Business Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems (Tempe, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

The process was simple and straight forward. Phone screen, 2 face to face interviews and a shadow. You interview with you Managers, a Senior manager, and a Regional Controller.The panel interview was kind of awkward with one person asking most of the questions and having the other people chime in every so often.

IT Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems in February 2015.

Interview

There were questions mostly about your personality and how you work in a team. I went through an initial phone screening with a recruiter, phone interview, and finally an in person interview after filling out an online profile. The in person interview itself took about an hour. They mostly wanted you to get them to engage (cause it's sales.)

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems in February 2015.

Interview

Interview process took exactly 3 weeks, and the only delay was booking a flight in that process. I spoke to them at my university's career fair and a few days later the following ensued: phone screen with Midwest regional recruiter, passed on to full phone interview with a corporate recruiter for the region I wanted to apply for (West Coast), interviewed in person for 3 hours with the office closest to my house who referred me to the West Coast office, and finally I was flown to the area I wished to work for.

Interview Questions

• What previous manager of yours knows you the best? What would they say your strengths and weaknesses are? What are their strengths and weaknesses as a manager?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle tough feedback?   Answer Question
    • Would you say you are a team leader?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems in February 2015.

Interview

It took 4+ weeks Went to a social at the my university. They had more boxes of pizzas than attendees. I was interested. Email them after set me up with an interview

Interview Questions

• Went to a social at the my university. They had more boxes of pizzas than attendees. I was interested. Email them after set me up with an interview

1st Interview Interview with 3 account managers.
      Questions about motivation
      Questions why sales
      Why Tek Systems?
      Biggest failure and how you overcome it?
      Weakness etc.

2nd Interview
      Spent 3 hours at the office shadowing a recruiter. I got interview by 3 recruiters same typical questions more laid back

3rd Interview
      Interview with the Director of Business Operations. He wants to see how confident, calm and assertive you are. He's going to throw odd questions but this is too trick you. I got trick with my biggest failure cause he reply "Thats your biggest failure?" He keeps you on your toes. He wants to see if have thick skin.

I have called left messages and still no reply. I know I didnt feel confident after 3rd interview but its just rude not to call people back.

Answer Question