TEKsystems

Very Easy Interview

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Bloomington, IL

I interviewed at TEKsystems in January 2012.

Interview Details – Applied at thingamajob.com. The recruiter contacted me over email and setup a phone cal. Meet and greet and we went over my work experience and the position. I was then scheduled a skype interview with the hiring manage and a phone interview with the client manager.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Help Desk I/II Interview

Help Desk I/II

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details – Recruiters are friendly and easy to work with, however the senior recruiter tried to pinch me with questions to see if I will stay long-term. Irony is that TekSystems lost a huge contract with Boeing losing hundreds of jobs.

Interview Question – If I'm truly dedicated to the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no pay negotiations.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at TEKsystems in March 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process is simple: they will conduct a test of your skills using third party programs, cover the basics of the job, provide advise on how to handle the interview, and then let you go.

Interview Question – Some recruiters will ask "Are you willing to take jobs that aren't temp-to-perm"? Be warned, this is a trick question.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – TEK Systems does not negotiate rates since the contract rate is locked in.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst

I applied through other source and interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details – No real process - no interview was given. They looked at a resume I submitted, called me and told me I had a job if I wanted it, as long as I passed a background check and drug test.

Negotiation Details – I was unable to negotiate anything as I was a contract worker. They told me upfront what my pay would be.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Independence, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at TEKsystems in April 2014.

Interview Details – Laid back experience where the DBO is very involved in understanding who you are as a person. Its a multiple stage process that requires deep though and differentiation between your work experience and your personal experience. The interview process is long and drawn out but is a great experience.

Interview Question – Who are you as a person aside from your business side.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at TEKsystems in April 2014.

Interview Details – Was contacted by local recruiter and I assume they found my information on LinkedIn or someplace like that. Was called in for an in person interview very quickly and had what I had assumed to be a very good initial meeting with 4 different individuals (separately and then in a group).

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. They are a staffing firm and we were talking about shopping my resume to the clients that they headhunt for.   Answer Question

Project Analyst Interview

Project Analyst
Hanover, MD

I applied through college or university - interviewed at TEKsystems in April 2014.

Interview Details – The initial phone interview was much more in depth than I was expecting, but I was able to successfully get an in person interview. Pay was discussed at this time, and though the pay offered was extremely low and below market salary, I was still interested enough in the opportunity to accept the interview. I was told to study up on company culture as well as their values and history. I spent hours preparing for this interview and went into it really feeling well prepared.

I was not asked even one question regarding any of that in the entire interview. There were two people interviewing me and one of them was staring at the ceiling, picking at his clothes and exhibiting other activities that made it obvious that he was extremely bored and/or disinterested. I connected with the other interviewer and had what I thought to be a successful interview. I have been to many job interviews, both good and bad, and it's fairly easy to tell whether the interview went poorly or not.

That being said, apparently I misread the signals, because a couple days later I received a voice mail message stating that even though I was extremely qualified technically for the job, they weren't sure if my actual personality was good enough for them. I attempted to call back several times to discuss the results, but the person I had been working with would not return my call, and I was eventually contacted by another member of HR. I declined the second interview and would not apply for another job with them in the future.

If you want to work for a company that is unorganized, offers below market pay and values personality over technical skills, then TEKsystems would be for you, if not, I would recommend you look elsewhere.

Interview Question – "What do you like to do in your spare time?"
"Can you be more specific about what you like to do in your spare time?"
"Do you like the Baltimore Ravens?"
  Answer Question

Recruiter/Account Manager Interview

Recruiter/Account Manager

I applied online - interviewed at TEKsystems in April 2014.

Interview Details – Had an initial interview with TEKsystems that I was not expecting. Typically I have found that most initial phone interviews are basic questions regarding your strengths and weaknesses but this interview asked a lot of sales questions. She asked me questions that would be hard to answer if you dont have extensive sales experience as well as knowledge of the sales industry and also questions that are hard to answer if you are not passionate about sales. If you lookup sales interview questions and somehow can relate aspects of your resume to sales, youll be in good shape.

Interview Question – What motivates you about sales or interests you in sales?   View Answer

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details – campus recruiter and career fair

Interview Question – What can you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in January 2010.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend, like most are. The interview process was simple, I had a phone screen and 2 in person (1 being a 1/2 day) interviews. This was also in the late 90's when I interviewed and things have changed a bit since then.

Interview Question – Stay away from the canned answer. They want a real honest answer. Be yourself and not who you think they want you to be.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing to negotiate. They have a set salary for entry level recruiters.