TEKsystems Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

2.8

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at TEKsystems (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

Most annoying and unprofessional interview process I've ever seen.

After I applied to one of their job posts, I was firstly contacted by one recruiter over phone. The talk was nice. He asked me some basic questions about OOP programming concepts, and some about my previous jobs. Then he introduced the job opportunity with their client which is one of the largest companies in US.

Everything was going well so he invited me to their office for a more detailed interview. It was Thursday and I honestly told him that I had some phone interviews with other companies on the same day. So I wanted to make it either on Friday or early next week. But he insisted on meeting me immediately that afternoon because it's an urgent recruitment and their client will start interviewing candidates on Friday. I finally made it and came to their office on Thursday afternoon. He appeared with another recruiter and they asked me the same questions about my previous jobs (?).

On Friday there was no interview at all (?). But he reached me and asked for my references' information then contacted all of them with a list of 10 questions.

Then 5 days later, another recruiter called me saying that that first recruiter was not in the country this week and she would like to keep in touch with me on that job opportunity. Then she started asking me exactly the same questions as the first phone call. Come on, don't you have any tracking records? I'm afraid that new recruiter will send another 10 questions to my references again...

I believe this is the last time I submit my resume to Teksystems.

Interview Questions

• 1. OOP concepts
      2. Value vs reference parameters
      3. Previous jobs

Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems (Falls Church, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online through my college job search. I was quickly contacted by a recruiter who was very friendly and personable, she told me about the position and really sold me. She then sent me the link to a personality test and past work history that took about two hours to complete. I was then contacted by a corporate recruiter with whom I set up my interview with for the following Friday. I traveled up to their headquarters Thursday night since I did not live in the area and was disappointed when I received a call at 9:30 pm the night before the interview because they had to cancel. We rescheduled for the following Friday and I returned and was interviewed by two people at the same time. The interview seemed like it went VERY well, I was very confident. I followed up with thank you emails to both of my interviewers and never heard from them again. Now 2 months later I am receiving calls from one of their recruiters who is trying to recruit me for an outside position, even though they did not even have the courtesy to send me an email saying I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Give me an overview of your entire life from the time you were born.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems (El Segundo, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Talked to a couple of employees at a college career fair. Told them I was interested in LA location. A week later had a phone interview with LA recruiter, which lead to a interview in person with the manager of an office near me. This went well and was flown out to LA for a half day job shadow and very brief interview.

• Strengths
      Weaknesses
      What do you know about the position
      Why TEKsystems
      Why the industry interest you
      The hardest time in your life
      How you overcame one of the hardest times in your life.
      What makes you interested in sales
      A time when you thought about giving up on something but managed to get through it

Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at TEKsystems in April 2015.

Interview

Nice and very friendly interview process, very different from other common questions, rather focus on your own self. People are very friendly and want to know about your self. A bit personal questions.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Was screened through an hour-long phone interview and a second on-site interview. On-site interview was odd because panel asked a lot of personal question like what my parents did for a living.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems (Schaumburg, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Knowledgeable staff asked pertinent questions and knew the information needed to succeed. They have great projects for which they area always looking for good candidates for! Wish they had more options in the suburbs for jobs but the definitely pay more than other consulting companies. They asked about my certifications, background, education and views on industries other than the one I was in.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated rate, location and start dates

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. 45 minutes. Recruiter in Newport Beach reached out to me via linked in and asked that I have a phone interview. Spoke with a recruiter in AZ about the process.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

The hiring process was not very difficult. The recruiter informed from time to time about the process.
    There were 3 interview rounds with the 1st being resume screening and then a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your last project experience.   1 Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

A telephonic interview outlining the job requirements and then reviewing my Cv and my assignments for close matches. Then in particular the specifics on the position and the time in which i had performed the required functions of the position

Interview Questions

• How long have you used UNIX?
      Do you know Apache open suite?
      where have you used WebServices?
      Can you say what a Restful service means?
      What kind of teams have you managed?
      Can you deliver presentations to management?

1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a college career fair, after sharing my interest with the recruiter I had a call set up where we spoke about the different aspect of the position. Afterwards, a hiring manager reached out to me and we set up an interview in their Chicago office where I met with two interviewers. I have not yet scheduled a time, but the next step in the process is a half day training session at back at their offices where you really get to see all the moving pieces and the day to day of the Account Manager position