TEKsystems

Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Analyst Interview

Project Analyst
Hanover, MD

I applied through college or university - interviewed at TEKsystems in April 2014.

Interview Details – The initial phone interview was much more in depth than I was expecting, but I was able to successfully get an in person interview. Pay was discussed at this time, and though the pay offered was extremely low and below market salary, I was still interested enough in the opportunity to accept the interview. I was told to study up on company culture as well as their values and history. I spent hours preparing for this interview and went into it really feeling well prepared.

I was not asked even one question regarding any of that in the entire interview. There were two people interviewing me and one of them was staring at the ceiling, picking at his clothes and exhibiting other activities that made it obvious that he was extremely bored and/or disinterested. I connected with the other interviewer and had what I thought to be a successful interview. I have been to many job interviews, both good and bad, and it's fairly easy to tell whether the interview went poorly or not.

That being said, apparently I misread the signals, because a couple days later I received a voice mail message stating that even though I was extremely qualified technically for the job, they weren't sure if my actual personality was good enough for them. I attempted to call back several times to discuss the results, but the person I had been working with would not return my call, and I was eventually contacted by another member of HR. I declined the second interview and would not apply for another job with them in the future.

If you want to work for a company that is unorganized, offers below market pay and values personality over technical skills, then TEKsystems would be for you, if not, I would recommend you look elsewhere.

Interview Question – "What do you like to do in your spare time?"
"Can you be more specific about what you like to do in your spare time?"
"Do you like the Baltimore Ravens?"
  Answer Question

Recruiter/Account Manager Interview

Recruiter/Account Manager

I applied online - interviewed at TEKsystems in April 2014.

Interview Details – Had an initial interview with TEKsystems that I was not expecting. Typically I have found that most initial phone interviews are basic questions regarding your strengths and weaknesses but this interview asked a lot of sales questions. She asked me questions that would be hard to answer if you dont have extensive sales experience as well as knowledge of the sales industry and also questions that are hard to answer if you are not passionate about sales. If you lookup sales interview questions and somehow can relate aspects of your resume to sales, youll be in good shape.

Interview Question – What motivates you about sales or interests you in sales?   View Answer

Recruiter

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details – campus recruiter and career fair

Interview Question – What can you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in January 2010.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend, like most are. The interview process was simple, I had a phone screen and 2 in person (1 being a 1/2 day) interviews. This was also in the late 90's when I interviewed and things have changed a bit since then.

Interview Question – Stay away from the canned answer. They want a real honest answer. Be yourself and not who you think they want you to be.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing to negotiate. They have a set salary for entry level recruiters.

IT Project Manager Interview

IT Project Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details – Pre interview with TEK was very easy. We met in a coffee shop and discussed my resume and expectation. The position was discussed in detail and the rep submitted my information right away. I was hired by the company within a couple of days.

Interview Question – Everything was pretty typical. No difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated salary and vacation time. Pretty easy and straight forward

Overland Park, KS

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in March 2014.

Interview Details – There was a bit of a mix up on my initial interview scheduling. I had already scheduled for a face-to-face interview but got another call to set a phone interview. It turned out to not be a big deal and I just did both. It gave me an extra contact in the company and I got to talk to more people and gain a better understanding for what the position was and what was expected. It was smooth sailing after that though. The half day interview was a bit overwhelming but really gave me a chance to see how I would fit into the culture and if it was the right company for me. One of the best interview experiences I've had!

Interview Question – What is your biggest fear in the work place and how do you handle it?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Linthicum, MD

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at TEKsystems in October 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview were quick and easy

Interview Question – What is your worst trait?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Technical Recruiter Interview

Technical Recruiter
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details – Contacted by a Recruiter, had a phone screening and then an in-person interview that lasted an hour and a half with the Sales Director. After this, I was brought in for a half-day interview where I met almost the entire office, had a panel interview where I had to role play, and went to lunch with two recruiters.

Interview Question – "Why do you want an MBA?" and "When is the last time you did something nice for someone"   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

QA Analyst
Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at TEKsystems in October 2013.

Interview Details – It was pretty fast. Only telephonic interview took 1 week time, rest of the process was so quick.

Interview Question – Can't think of anything at this moment.   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

User Experience Designer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details – It was a pleasure to find that TEKsystems regularly seeks a face-to-face interview with Consultants (even virtually), in an effort to get better acquainted with each candidate. They also explained during the initial interview that even in preparation for being placed, during the assignment and after the assignment, they take the initiative to make sure that each Consultant is more qualified (even through basic training) and has a good experience while on assingment. I would definitely recommend TEKsystems and use them again when seeking employment in the future.