TEKsystems

Updated Mar 2, 2015
Updated Mar 2, 2015

2.8

Recruiter/Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at TEKsystems.

Phone interview, face to face with Manager of Business Operations, then shadowing day in the office. It was a fairly easy interview. They are really just trying to get to know what kind of person you are to see if you would be a good fit for the company. They are looking for a person who is a hard worker and someone passionate about sales or getting into sales.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult thing you experienced in your personal life?   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Contractor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at TEKsystems in November 2014.

I was contacted via LinkedIn by a recruiter, then set up a phone screening. The recruiter was nice and friendly. We spoke on skype the following day. We mainly talked about my interest in working for the company/expected salary/company's culture. I then spoke about the same things with her account manager, who was also kind. I received an email the following day saying that they selected a different candidate with more experience.

Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TEKsystems in November 2014.

The hiring process was three rounds. I received an interview after meeting recruiters at an on campus career fair. The first round was a phone interview, pretty generic questions more along the lines of getting to know your background and experience. The second round interview was in their downtown Chicago office. It lasted about 1.5 hours and was relaxed, mostly questions about why sales, your personality and what motivated you. The third round was also in their downtown office and was a half day interview where I met with several employees. During this round many of the questions felt inappropriate and not related to the position. A lot of questions about my personal and family life were asked. For example: Are your parents paying for your educations? And tell me about your family, are your parents married still? Just bizarre questions to ask during an interview. The interviewers claimed it was because TekSystems was "like a family and they wanted to really know you" but I got a more nosy and intrusive feeling from the questions. None of the interview questions were particularly difficult, mostly related to sales and character traits. I was told to call back two days later to follow up after the third round. I left multiple emails and voice mails during the course of the week but I didn't get a response until a week later when I was told they wanted somebody who could start immediately (I graduate in May) and with more experience. I was not compensated for gas and travel for the 2nd or 3rd round interviews. None of the stages were particularly difficult but it felt like the whole process was a waste of time.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems in November 2014.

The interview process is more about who you are, rather than what you have done. If they don't like you off the bat, then good luck getting past that. It's a little unconventional in the since that you don't really talk about your resume too much.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at TEKsystems.

Never provide complete job description. Always a low hourly rate even if worked for previously at higher rate. Call you and have the hiring manager on the phone and expect you to interview immediately with no job description or time to prepare for the interview. National recruiters much better to deal with during job search.

Interview Questions
    • Call and have the hiring manager on the phone and expect you to interview immediately with no job description or time to prepare for the interview.   Answer Question
    I stated an hourly rate and expenses I expected and received.

Technical Recruiter Interview

I had two phone interviews and one personal interview. It was very personality based. They also want to hear you say that you love money and that that is the main thing that drives you in life. Literally if you say you are not money driven they will probably not extend an offer.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask you to tell them something very personal. They want to see what kind of obstacles you have overcome in life.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems.

1 Phone, 1 face to face with 3 people. It is very easy if you can articulate these points. Most people pass the interview because they need bodies.

Interview Questions
    Basically take it or leave it.

General Contractor Interview

Really unprofessional. Contacted me a week after applying for a higher end job. Wanted to talk to be about projects I could be a part of. Never heard back after getting an email saying they want to work with me after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Just general small conversation that got the person interviewing me side tracked   Answer Question

QA Interview

I got the offer as a contractor from a a major company and I just needed a recruiting company to handle the paper work. The manager recommended Teksystem and things went ok from there.

Software Tester Interview

Asked basic questions on the software development life cycle, different types of testing done, what I liked most most, what frustrated me and how I handled it, how would like rate myself on different tools, which database I knew, how do I go abut reviewing requirements, how do I write test cases, etc.

Interview Questions
    • On the contract interview, I ha to write several sql statements to prove I knew it.   Answer Question