TEKsystems Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2014
Updated Oct 20, 2014

2.8

Help Desk I/II Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems.

Recruiters are friendly and easy to work with, however the senior recruiter tried to pinch me with questions to see if I will stay long-term. Irony is that TekSystems lost a huge contract with Boeing losing hundreds of jobs.

no pay negotiations.

Data Analyst Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at TEKsystems.

No real process - no interview was given. They looked at a resume I submitted, called me and told me I had a job if I wanted it, as long as I passed a background check and drug test.

I was unable to negotiate anything as I was a contract worker. They told me upfront what my pay would be.

Recruiter Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at TEKsystems.

campus recruiter and career fair

ICD-9 Coder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gulfport, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gulfport, MS

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems in May 2014.

I did a brief interview over facetime with the lady who was helping me. A few days later, her manager called me and the next morning I met with the actual hospital who hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was when I was asked how much I was paid at my last position, which was $25 an hour, and then she said, "well, this job pays $13 - I know that is less, but that is as high as we pay." That was awkward.   Answer Question
    There was not really any negotiations due to it being a contract position.

Many Different Positions In IT &/Or Construction Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at TEKsystems in May 2014.

Everyone I talked to in the office, was nice. The consultant was nice, but after months of looking for a job, my information has been dropped & haven't had any calls from them.

Interview Questions
    • How well do I work with different areas of IT?   View Answer

Business Operations Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems in May 2014.

It was a phone Interview, we set up the appointment a week before, HR person was very professional, thoughtful, and patient. Great feedback both strengths and weaknesses at the end.

Interview Questions
    • General questions, but sometimes questions were worded indirectly.   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems.

Pre interview with TEK was very easy. We met in a coffee shop and discussed my resume and expectation. The position was discussed in detail and the rep submitted my information right away. I was hired by the company within a couple of days.

Interview Questions
    Negotiated salary and vacation time. Pretty easy and straight forward

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems.

Contacted by a Recruiter, had a phone screening and then an in-person interview that lasted an hour and a half with the Sales Director. After this, I was brought in for a half-day interview where I met almost the entire office, had a panel interview where I had to role play, and went to lunch with two recruiters.

Interview Questions
    • "Why do you want an MBA?" and "When is the last time you did something nice for someone"   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems in April 2014.

I found the job posting online and emailed the recruiter who posted it. She responded almost immediately with plenty of literature on the company and the position. She called the next morning as well, so you won't be waiting around long to hear back. The phone conversation was largely behavioral questions. Tell me about a time you overcame adversity, a time you were most proud of yourself, a time when you accomplished something, tell me about a time when you accomplished a goal and how you did it, etc. But I would not recommend the position if you are not 100% about sales, or can't convey that strongly to an interviewer. You need to very clearly explain to them that you are competitive and a very driven salesperson and a team player (if in fact you are of course) and why. Be extremely confident throughout the whole interview, it's very important to them. Side note: It is an office job averaging 55 phone calls a day, and you don't leave your desk often.

Interview Questions
    • You like to build relationships and have great customer service skills in regards to sales, but why do you want to be in sales? (I thought that was as far as I would need to go)   View Answer

User Experience Designer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems.

It was a pleasure to find that TEKsystems regularly seeks a face-to-face interview with Consultants (even virtually), in an effort to get better acquainted with each candidate. They also explained during the initial interview that even in preparation for being placed, during the assignment and after the assignment, they take the initiative to make sure that each Consultant is more qualified (even through basic training) and has a good experience while on assingment. I would definitely recommend TEKsystems and use them again when seeking employment in the future.