TEKsystems

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.8

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems.

The interview process was awesome and very interactive. Initial phone screen is very basic. If you pass that you go onto a one on one with the DBO. He digs into your background but the questions are pretty basic. Next comes the fun part, a half day shadow in the office. This is still an interview so act accordingly.

QA Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems.

Be yourself and know your stuff. Be confident in your abilities and what you want out of a job. The requiters will work with you to find that perfect job.

Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems.

This is a multiple stage interview process. They initially begin with an Open House where you get a chance to meet with the recruiters, account managers and the director of business operations. It may seem like they are just being welcoming and friendly, this is the opportunity to show your communication skills. Meet as many people as you can, ask a lot of questions and be a leader of the conversation. This will put your name into their memories and they will remember you during their next meeting. Every business card that you receive, send a thank you email that includes a few questions. Make sure they are personalized and show you have an interest in sales and the company.

If you make a good impression there, you will be invited to a sit down interview with the DBO. This is a standard face to face interview, be confident and ask questions.

If you make a good impression in that interview, you will then be invited to attend a 1/2 Day interview. Ask a LOT of questions during this interview as this is your opportunity to discover how the company operates on a daily basis.

If you make another good impression, there will be a panel interview of all the account managers. This is a bit more intense and they will try to see how you handle hard-hitting questions about your experiences, background and desires. Make sure you emphasis that you want to work in sales.

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Metairie, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Metairie, LA

I applied online – interviewed at TEKsystems.

The interview I attended was great they informed me of the things they do at tek systems but they failed to advise me of anything about the contractor needs of using personal vehicles and when I told them about it the first thing they said was of course you were instructed to use your personal vehicle lies lies lies

Business Process Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems.

Interviewed with the account manager. They seem to quite proficient in understanding my background. Got me an interview with the client. They try to close in on the rate and does not leave any room for negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems in July 2014.

The interview process with TEKsystems began by being contacted by one of their internal recruiters who had found my profile on LinkedIn. She scheduled an over the phone interview that she would conduct herself. I was asked to watch a few videos before the interview to get a better idea of the position and company culture. These videos were located on the company's main webpage. The interview was very painless and she was very personable. It focused largely on the position and how I felt my experience would contribute to the responsibilities. Afterwards she scheduled me for a face to face interview with the branch manager. Before the interview with the branch manager I was asked to contact two current employees and ask them a series of questions to gain a better idea about the position. The interview was conducted by the branch manager, an account manager, and a recruiter at the same time. I was asked to give my life story, beginning with birth. It was very personal and uncomfortable. We then discussed the position in more detail. It was made clear that traditional work weeks were considered 60-70 hours per week. I believe they could tell that those hours were beyond my expectations and within a few hours after the interview the branch manager contacted me to let me know that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Several questions were very personal. For example, I was asked how I had paid for my masters degree which I answered but felt was very personal and irrelevant to the position. Many questions also revolved around sales techniques.   Answer Question

IT Position Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at TEKsystems in July 2014.

They did set up interviews for me but I felt that they really didn't have my qualifications at heart to find me a good fit. It seems this company is looking to fill positions that no one in their right mind would fill due to the low starting pay and or work environment.

Recruiter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at TEKsystems.

Two phone interviews and one personal interview with the head of the office. After that, spent a half day in the office shadowing other members of team and several interviews along with lunch with two of their senior recruiters.

Network Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at TEKsystems.

Was contacted by several recruiters over a couple of weeks for the same positions, seems like they couldn't figure out who was filling the positions. I took the online tests and was told to expect an interview with the customer within a few days at most. One month later I get the call at my new job. Overall, it worked out better because of the long waiting periods, terrible starting salary, and many requirements.

Interview Questions
    • Online testing that differed from previous training and experience.   Answer Question

Recruit Interview

Emailed with my recruiter, who asked me to come in the next day for an interview. Basic get to know you questions, met with two other 'business developers.' Overall good interview experience, still waiting to hear about opportunities from them.