TEKsystems Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014
Updated Sep 10, 2014

2.8

Installation Technician Interview

I applied online - interviewed at TEKsystems in September 2010.

Nice people and relaxed atmosphere. Started with a phone interview and and always a face to face getting to know you type interview. No technical questions. A note on dealing with TekSystems in the past-they oftimes have remote offices call you for positions that are either to remote for you to take or that would be normally sent to the local office. Apparently with their commission process they often step on each other's territories. I've for example had a caller from Chicago who wanted me to report daily to her office wven though the job was local to me in Milwaukee.

Interview Questions
    The pay was low for responsibilities. I asked for more money $25 hr but they sent in a contract for $20. It wasn't made clear to me what I would be paid until I looked at the contract which I had to sign the night before when it was faxed to me. In small characters the pay was indicated.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in April 2014.

I found the job posting online and emailed the recruiter who posted it. She responded almost immediately with plenty of literature on the company and the position. She called the next morning as well, so you won't be waiting around long to hear back. The phone conversation was largely behavioral questions. Tell me about a time you overcame adversity, a time you were most proud of yourself, a time when you accomplished something, tell me about a time when you accomplished a goal and how you did it, etc. But I would not recommend the position if you are not 100% about sales, or can't convey that strongly to an interviewer. You need to very clearly explain to them that you are competitive and a very driven salesperson and a team player (if in fact you are of course) and why. Be extremely confident throughout the whole interview, it's very important to them. Side note: It is an office job averaging 55 phone calls a day, and you don't leave your desk often.

Interview Questions
    • You like to build relationships and have great customer service skills in regards to sales, but why do you want to be in sales? (I thought that was as far as I would need to go)   View Answer

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at TEKsystems in April 2014.

Was called about setting up a phone interview the day after applying. The interviewer seemed more focused on my lack of extracurriculars in college than any of my skills. Within the interview I asked the exact details of the position, which included very long hours and spending breaks and after work dinners with clients. I realized at that point that I was not interested in the position. However, it did not matter. I was told they were conducting other interviews and would contact me within the next few days to tell me the outcome. I was never contacted.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be a recruiter? ( Be sure to have a thorough explanation of why you applied.)
      What 3 things motivate you?
        Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bloomington, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

interviewed at TEKsystems in January 2012.

Applied at thingamajob.com. The recruiter contacted me over email and setup a phone cal. Meet and greet and we went over my work experience and the position. I was then scheduled a skype interview with the hiring manage and a phone interview with the client manager.

Help Desk I/II Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Recruiters are friendly and easy to work with, however the senior recruiter tried to pinch me with questions to see if I will stay long-term. Irony is that TekSystems lost a huge contract with Boeing losing hundreds of jobs.

no pay negotiations.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at TEKsystems in March 2010.

Hiring and interview process is simple: they will conduct a test of your skills using third party programs, cover the basics of the job, provide advise on how to handle the interview, and then let you go.

Interview Questions
    • Some recruiters will ask "Are you willing to take jobs that aren't temp-to-perm"? Be warned, this is a trick question.   View Answer
    TEK Systems does not negotiate rates since the contract rate is locked in.

Data Analyst Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at TEKsystems.

No real process - no interview was given. They looked at a resume I submitted, called me and told me I had a job if I wanted it, as long as I passed a background check and drug test.

I was unable to negotiate anything as I was a contract worker. They told me upfront what my pay would be.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Independence, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at TEKsystems in April 2014.

Laid back experience where the DBO is very involved in understanding who you are as a person. Its a multiple stage process that requires deep though and differentiation between your work experience and your personal experience. The interview process is long and drawn out but is a great experience.

Interview Questions
    • Who are you as a person aside from your business side.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at TEKsystems in April 2014.

Was contacted by local recruiter and I assume they found my information on LinkedIn or someplace like that. Was called in for an in person interview very quickly and had what I had assumed to be a very good initial meeting with 4 different individuals (separately and then in a group).

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. They are a staffing firm and we were talking about shopping my resume to the clients that they headhunt for.   Answer Question

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hanover, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, MD

I applied through college or university - interviewed at TEKsystems in April 2014.

The initial phone interview was much more in depth than I was expecting, but I was able to successfully get an in person interview. Pay was discussed at this time, and though the pay offered was extremely low and below market salary, I was still interested enough in the opportunity to accept the interview. I was told to study up on company culture as well as their values and history. I spent hours preparing for this interview and went into it really feeling well prepared.

I was not asked even one question regarding any of that in the entire interview. There were two people interviewing me and one of them was staring at the ceiling, picking at his clothes and exhibiting other activities that made it obvious that he was extremely bored and/or disinterested. I connected with the other interviewer and had what I thought to be a successful interview. I have been to many job interviews, both good and bad, and it's fairly easy to tell whether the interview went poorly or not.

That being said, apparently I misread the signals, because a couple days later I received a voice mail message stating that even though I was extremely qualified technically for the job, they weren't sure if my actual personality was good enough for them. I attempted to call back several times to discuss the results, but the person I had been working with would not return my call, and I was eventually contacted by another member of HR. I declined the second interview and would not apply for another job with them in the future.

If you want to work for a company that is unorganized, offers below market pay and values personality over technical skills, then TEKsystems would be for you, if not, I would recommend you look elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    • "What do you like to do in your spare time?"
      "Can you be more specific about what you like to do in your spare time?"
      "Do you like the Baltimore Ravens?"
        Answer Question