TEKsystems Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2015

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems in January 2015.

Interview

Referral from a friend. Received email then a call from recruiter.
    Process took 2 weeks. Recruiter put words in my mouth and pin me to an hourly rate.
    Without applying to any job it is impossible to give a rate. Very unprofessional.
    After I objected, no more interviews were forthcoming.

I've worked for many agencies before but TEKsystems is from hell.

IT Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at TEKsystems (Irvine, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Really honed in on the 'Why?' of wanting the job and the resiliency to be able to handle rejection and commit to succeeding. It is a great interview process for someone that has a lot of fire, but maybe not a lot of technical skills. I enjoyed it though because it allowed for TEKsystems to see if I was a good fit for them, and also it allowed for me to see if it would be a good fit for me. They have room for advancement in the company, but it seemed a bit dry for me.

PC Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems (Wilmington, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a front line recruiter from a job posting I submitted. I spoke with him a few times, then gave him my references. After my references verified me, he contacted me to indicate that I would be meeting with another TEKsystems recruiter at my location (my initial contact was with an out of town recruiter). I then met with the local recruiter, who conducted a more thorough interview

Interview Questions

• What would you do when encountered with a Blue Screen of Death   5 Answers

IT Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at TEKsystems in January 2015.

Interview

Contacted by a current TEKsystems recruiter on LinkedIn because of common past work experience and then set up a phone interview with a territory recruiter. They asked a lot of basic questions about my education and past work experience. It seemed like a get-to-know-you interview and test of your phone presence, as this is a big part of the job. An in person interview was set up immediately during the phone interview with the director of the location I was applying for. I then had to complete a lengthy job history form online before the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your ideal position to be in within 5 years?
      What motivates you?
      What has been your biggest struggle to overcome either in your personal life or work life?

Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at TEKsystems (Iowa City, IA) in January 2015.

Interview

Got a call from an HR rep, had to fill out a ten page application after and then never heard back after following up with them multiple times. They asked a lot of questions about my current positions in college and then also asked way back to how I was involved in high school.

TPM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems (Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

Very brief interview. Recruiters are part of the interviewing team and they also prepare you for the interview. Almost all the questions were already prepared. I found it strange but it works. Their rates are not competitive.

Another offer.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at TEKsystems (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process is a cycle. Starts with a phone interview, than a in person interview. The most important key points is to know yourself well, and the company. Be confident, and don't get nervous. If they ask you about your weakness say a few , but right after explain how you overcome them. Connect with them, and make them like you. If they like you, is hard for someone to say no to you.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

First there was a 30-40 min phone interview gauging interest and a few basic question and then an in office interview that was just one on one very laid back and the interviewer was the best i have talked too.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Interview

I was able to bypass any phone interviews thanks to an internal reference. I then participated in a half-day interview, where I spent the morning meeting with various individual employees, just to show that I could communicate and relate to several people I did not know. After that I concluded my time in the office with a 3-on-1 panel interview with upper management. This is where the company really tries to get to know you and your motives behind attempting a career in sales and IT. I would rank it as a difficult interview, however I am typically a good interviewer. Everyone I met was great; they all were open, honest and interesting to talk to.

Incident Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

Hiring Process was pretty simple. I was called by one of their recruiters that obviously went into one of the job search engines and found my resume. I provided my updated resume and they proceeded to identify this role based on my experience provided in my resume. I talk with the recruiter for 20 minutes about my experiences and afterwords he said that I would be a great match for this opportunity. I was then submitted for the role. A few days later I was interviewed by the firm which Teksystems was providing consultants for and was offered the opportunity shortly after the interview concluded.

Negotiation

There really wasnt a negotiation