TEKsystems Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

2.8

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

My interview experience with TEKsystems was great. It started with a phone interview after speaking with someone at a university career fair. After that, came the in person interview where I met with three people who each asked a good amount of questions.

After that came a half (shadow) day where I got to meet many people from around the office. Everyone was very pleasant.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I saw the position they have available online which the job description requirements was exactly what i am doing in my current position. I applied to know more about the company, position and salary of course. (I did not apply becase i didnt have a job, it was just being open to see whats out there).
    They called me the day after and left me a voice mail, no following email which i believe is not very professional. i did not get their voice mail as my sprint vm recwiving was messed up for a few days. So basically i had no idea they have reached and as i said no email.
    Then someone emails from that company and without any information about the position only saying that one of my coworkers have reached you let us know if you are still interested.
    So i email back and ask for that persons contact information and guess what no response.
    so 3 days later i get voice mail systema fixed through sprint and call the lady who left me the vm and i wish i would have never called.
    one of the worst interview experience.
    She asked a little about what i do which i ecplained and then it all started that why did you do this and why did you do that and of couse in the most condescending way.
    All i can say is that this was horrible. Bad enough to make me write this review.

Interview Questions

• Why did you put xyz in your resume?
      Where do you see your self in the next position?
      why do you study xyx ? (Condescending)
      why did you get this certificate ? (Condescending)

1 Answer

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

emailed with the HR recruiter, and had two separate phone calls with two recruiters. The interview process was very typical and they did not seem too interested in really getting to know me. I did not end up receiving a final interview in person. The benefits and company culture seemed satisfactory. They have many offices around the country and I was most interested in Orlando or the Raleigh Durham research triangle area.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at TEKsystems in March 2015.

Interview

1st Round Phone Interview. If that goes well.. followed by an in person interview in the office with the Director. The employees take you out on lunch to see if you would gel well with the team. If you pass that next interview is a panel interview with a bunch of Account Managers.

Information Technology Helpdesk Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at TEKsystems (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2015.

Interview

The people were great and friendly, the people were upbeat and outgoing, they were interested in where I had experience and what I wanted to do and learn with that experience.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to do? What are your goals?   1 Answer

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems (Baltimore, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

I spoke with two different recruiters. The first one found me and seemed very practical and down to earth about the company. The second was very much part of their corporate machine and used lots of corporate buzzwords/jargon. The second phone interview/screening process was over an hour and she asked questions about where I saw myself, how I worked in groups, etc. She also asked me what I knew about their company from my research, which I found off-putting, she basically wanted me to read back to her their "about us" page from their website, including very specific statistics and locations. It seemed a bit much for a job they had recruited me for and I hadn't sought out.

Interview Questions

• What is your ideal office environment?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years/ your future career?   Answer Question
    • What have you learned in your research about TEK systems?   1 Answer
    • Rank in order of importance: work/life balance, compensation, promotions/ ability to rise in the ranks (or something like that), and I believe something like feedback about your work.   Answer Question
    • How do you get to know your coworkers? and that led into a question about how engaged with them outside the workplace you are.   1 Answer

NOC Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems (Plano, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Very quick, Down to earth. I applied online. I was given a call back later in the afternoon. I Was asked a few screening questions. After that I was asked to come in for an interview. After a quick 10 min interview a few laughs I was offered a position. I was told everything thing about the work environment. I was a thoroughly briefed on the inner working on the company. Then I almost caught carpel tunnel from all the paper signing.

Interview Questions

• Can you name the parts of the OSI Model
      Name a layer 2 device

1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems (Charlotte, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

They asked way too many personal questions, of which 80% weren't job related. Still glad I didn't get it though- 60 hour work weeks at 50K a year. They weren't very organized and it was very stuffy. They tried to make it comfortable, but failed. Also, the office is difficult to find and they don't give you proper directions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult time in your personal life and how you overcame it? They literally asked that at least 5 times.   Answer Question

IT Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

standard sit down interview. Asked many different questions about the company and what I knew about it. Also asked about my past history with jobs as well as with school. Asked about what I had heard about the company as well.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

This was such a bizarre interview process. I literally have phone calls to talk about "grinding" and all the hard work I *probably* wasn't ready for like 5 times. I went to lunch with employees, shadowed a few people, had more one-on-ones, and STILL hadn't gotten a yes or no. For a company that recruits as a passion, you'd think they would learn how to make it a simpler process for those involved. I traveled SEVERAL times across the state to be at these interviews, and it was frustrating that I kept having to come back, have hour long phonecalls, or sit through lunch-interviews.

I finally just told them I found a position somewhere else, which I had, after several weeks of getting 0 positive remarks from Teksystems.

Don't exhaust your potential hires. It was frustrating and confusing that they were obviously interested in me, but were not fully committed. I don't want to me involved with an indecisive company such as this.