Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at TEKsystems
- Technical Recruiter (69)
- Recruiter (56)
- Project Manager (13)
- Business Analyst (12)
- Software Developer (9)
- Business Operations Associate (9)
- Software Engineer (6)
- IT Consultant (6)
- IT Recruiter (5)
- Desktop Support (5)
- Help Desk Analyst (4)
- Senior Software Engineer (4)
- Business Systems Analyst (4)
- Network Engineer (4)
- Technician (3)
- QA Analyst (3)
- Account Manager (3)
- IT Project Manager (3)
- Senior Business Analyst (3)
- Systems Analyst (3)
- Instructional Designer (2)
- Senior Project Manager (2)
- Sales Operations Analyst (2)
- Recruiter/Account Manager (2)
- Multimedia Designer (2)
- Senior Technical Project Manager (2)
- Contractor (2)
- Java Developer (2)
- Network Technician (2)
- Project Analyst (2)
Network Technician Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at TEKsystems in January 2010.
I was referred to the position by a previous co-worker on a Friday, and sent a copy of my resume in to the account manager. He called back within an hour, and I had an interview set up for Monday. I filled my background check paperwork out on Wednesday, and started the following Monday.
The phone interview with the hiring manager, in retrospect, was quite amusing. He's a very pragmatic, no-nonsense, ex-military kind of guy, so if he asked you something like "have you worked with EIGRP?", he wanted "yes" or "no" as an answer. If he wanted details, he'd ask. If he didn't, he expected you to SHUT UP.
ALL of us (the first group of hires) were convinced by the end of the interview that he *hated* us, but it's just his personality.
The account manager, for his part, did try to prepare us for the kinds of questions we would be asked ("general networking, past background", etc), so that was good. I would have liked a little more insight on the hiring manager's approach, but everything moved VERY quickly and it may simply have slipped his mind.
- I don't remember any interview questions, but I was using a new Voice over IP line, which had an (unknown to me at the time, but nevertheless "known issue") with my home router, so the call kept disconnecting (after 3 minutes). View Answer
I did not try to negotiate at all, because I'd been unemployed and was delighted to have a job working at a company I'd wanted to work at for years. However, I am also happy with my rate of pay.
Other Interview Reviews for TEKsystems
Network Technician InterviewApplication Details
I applied online. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at TEKsystems in September 2009.Interview Details
Up and down process that took 2 months to complete. Interview was with the customer and that was over the phone. A face to face was basically non-technical.Interview Questions
Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
- This was a routine interview, really no difficult questions were asked. Answer Question