TEKsystems

TEKsystems Project Analyst Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, MD

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TEKsystems in April 2014.

The initial phone interview was much more in depth than I was expecting, but I was able to successfully get an in person interview. Pay was discussed at this time, and though the pay offered was extremely low and below market salary, I was still interested enough in the opportunity to accept the interview. I was told to study up on company culture as well as their values and history. I spent hours preparing for this interview and went into it really feeling well prepared.

I was not asked even one question regarding any of that in the entire interview. There were two people interviewing me and one of them was staring at the ceiling, picking at his clothes and exhibiting other activities that made it obvious that he was extremely bored and/or disinterested. I connected with the other interviewer and had what I thought to be a successful interview. I have been to many job interviews, both good and bad, and it's fairly easy to tell whether the interview went poorly or not.

That being said, apparently I misread the signals, because a couple days later I received a voice mail message stating that even though I was extremely qualified technically for the job, they weren't sure if my actual personality was good enough for them. I attempted to call back several times to discuss the results, but the person I had been working with would not return my call, and I was eventually contacted by another member of HR. I declined the second interview and would not apply for another job with them in the future.

If you want to work for a company that is unorganized, offers below market pay and values personality over technical skills, then TEKsystems would be for you, if not, I would recommend you look elsewhere.

Interview Questions
  • "What do you like to do in your spare time?"
    "Can you be more specific about what you like to do in your spare time?"
    "Do you like the Baltimore Ravens?"
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TEKsystems

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems in February 2014.

Submitted my resume on careerrookie.com and received a call back maybe a week later. First step is a phone screen, then a 3 on 1 interview with managers, then a final interview with the Regional Controller. In each interview they were professional and friendly. They look for leadership and experience with teamwork and will ask for examples of each.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared by having an example of a time when you handled an employee who performed below par.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. They had a price that was take it or leave it. I took it.