TEKsystems Project Analyst Interview Questions

4.0

Project Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems in January 2015.

Interview

I was initially contacted by the recruiter by email to let me know that my resume had been received, and she would like to follow up with me the next day to find out exactly what I was looking for. Well, I did not receive a call from her until three days later. We played phone tag for about a week, then through email we scheduled a phone screening. After the phone screening, I had an in depth phone interview two days later. The phone interview lasted for about an hour. After the phone interview, I realized that this was not a company that I wanted to work for (it was one of the most intense interviews that I have ever had).

Interview Questions

• What did you learn about the company from the website? (After I responded with what I thought was a detailed response, the recruiter asked me if there was anything else that I would like to add. Then she gave me an entire history of the company). Do you mix business and your personal life? How did you handle offering criticism to a previous or current co-worker? Why are you looking for another position? How long have you been looking for a new position? What types of positions have you applied for? Have you had any other interviews? What is the status? (I felt quite uncomfortable and awkward responding to the last set of questions because I felt like this information is my personal business).   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TEKsystems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Hanover, MD) in April 2014.

Interview

The initial phone interview was much more in depth than I was expecting, but I was able to successfully get an in person interview. Pay was discussed at this time, and though the pay offered was extremely low and below market salary, I was still interested enough in the opportunity to accept the interview. I was told to study up on company culture as well as their values and history. I spent hours preparing for this interview and went into it really feeling well prepared. I was not asked even one question regarding any of that in the entire interview. There were two people interviewing me and one of them was staring at the ceiling, picking at his clothes and exhibiting other activities that made it obvious that he was extremely bored and/or disinterested. I connected with the other interviewer and had what I thought to be a successful interview. I have been to many job interviews, both good and bad, and it's fairly easy to tell whether the interview went poorly or not. That being said, apparently I misread the signals, because a couple days later I received a voice mail message stating that even though I was extremely qualified technically for the job, they weren't sure if my actual personality was good enough for them. I attempted to call back several times to discuss the results, but the person I had been working with would not return my call, and I was eventually contacted by another member of HR. I declined the second interview and would not apply for another job with them in the future. If you want to work for a company that is unorganized, offers below market pay and values personality over technical skills, then TEKsystems would be for you, if not, I would recommend you look elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• "What do you like to do in your spare time?" "Can you be more specific about what you like to do in your spare time?" "Do you like the Baltimore Ravens?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Hanover, MD) in February 2014.

Interview

Submitted my resume on careerrookie.com and received a call back maybe a week later. First step is a phone screen, then a 3 on 1 interview with managers, then a final interview with the Regional Controller. In each interview they were professional and friendly. They look for leadership and experience with teamwork and will ask for examples of each.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared by having an example of a time when you handled an employee who performed below par.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They had a price that was take it or leave it. I took it.