TEKsystems Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

2.5

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

Several interviews with the company and typical testing and paperwork to complete. The interviews were with various people in the company, starting with lower levels and working up to the higher decision makers.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for TEKsystems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at TEKsystems (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2014.

Interview

Got a call from the recruiter, he supplied my resume to the contracting company. I then had a phone interview with 2 people from the contracting company. After I accepted the position onboarding and back ground check to over a month to complete. That was ok since I had to give a month notice but it seemed like it took forever.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Single interview with TEK systems followed by interview with client managers. Both interviews were low key and non-threatening. Quite professional. Conducted in the work place in both instances. I received immediate feed back from both interviews and felt good about the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Go to the board and draw a work flow diagram of how you would resolve the problems associated with this position.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

I had an initial meeting with TEK and then I had a had a meeting with the company that was interested in me. It was a very quick hiring process.

Interview Questions

• no difficult questions...it was a standard interview process   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated with TEK. It was a very easy process!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems (Chicago, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was easy and simple, they review your resume and sit down to get to know you. If they feel you're a good fit for one of their clients, they'll submit you for an interview. My recruiter has been supportive every step of the way and provides me feedback so I know exactly where I stand with the firm and the client.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems (San Jose, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Received a phone call and recruiter asked questions that had nothing to do with the job. Does not sound correct to be handled this way. I complained to the office manager who then resolved situation. I later received an apology via email but I will not be returning. I called back and asked my resume be dispatched to shredder.

Interview Questions

• How is your job search going? Who were your customers? We can only submit 3 candidates to the client and your not in list.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TEKsystems (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Straight forward. They asked about past experience and relied on references from other contracts I'd performed with TekSystems. First round of interviews was with their recruiting staff. After being vetted internally, I had 3 separate phone interviews with project managers from the client company where I was to be placed. I was asked typical project management questions regarding past budgets, schedules, types of projects, managing risk, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They gave me what I asked for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Voorhees, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems (Voorhees, NJ) in November 2011.

Interview

TekSystems arranged the interview. Initial interview was a telephone screen with the ITS PMO Manager. Second interview was in person, with the ITS PMO Manager and 2 Sr PMs on staff. Typically would also interview with the Sr Director, ITS PMO, but he was out of town. Interviewers were very friendly and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 challenges you've faced as a PM and give specific descriptions of how you handled them   Answer Question

Negotiation

Contract position - hourly fee was given up front, no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems (Bellevue, WA) in August 2011.

Interview

Phone interview was very friendly just gaining backgrounds on myself and TEKsystems. 1:1 interview was also friendly and easygoing asking more about personality traits and company expectations rather than specific duties.

Interview Questions

• What previous experiences do you have that would benefit TEKsystems?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems (Silver Spring, MD) in March 2009.

Interview

Had a face to face interview