TEKsystems Recruiter Interview Questions

3.1

52 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online - interviewed at TEKsystems in August 2014.

I was contacted only a day or two after applying for the position. The process consisted of phone and in person interviews. The questions seemed pretty basic, nothing too odd. Overall the process was fairly quick and easy.

Interview Questions
I did not need to negotiate anything.

Other Interview Reviews for TEKsystems

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in July 2014.

The interview process with TEKsystems began by being contacted by one of their internal recruiters who had found my profile on LinkedIn. She scheduled an over the phone interview that she would conduct herself. I was asked to watch a few videos before the interview to get a better idea of the position and company culture. These videos were located on the company's main webpage. The interview was very painless and she was very personable. It focused largely on the position and how I felt my experience would contribute to the responsibilities. Afterwards she scheduled me for a face to face interview with the branch manager. Before the interview with the branch manager I was asked to contact two current employees and ask them a series of questions to gain a better idea about the position. The interview was conducted by the branch manager, an account manager, and a recruiter at the same time. I was asked to give my life story, beginning with birth. It was very personal and uncomfortable. We then discussed the position in more detail. It was made clear that traditional work weeks were considered 60-70 hours per week. I believe they could tell that those hours were beyond my expectations and within a few hours after the interview the branch manager contacted me to let me know that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Several questions were very personal. For example, I was asked how I had paid for my masters degree which I answered but felt was very personal and irrelevant to the position. Many questions also revolved around sales techniques.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems.

This is a multiple stage interview process. They initially begin with an Open House where you get a chance to meet with the recruiters, account managers and the director of business operations. It may seem like they are just being welcoming and friendly, this is the opportunity to show your communication skills. Meet as many people as you can, ask a lot of questions and be a leader of the conversation. This will put your name into their memories and they will remember you during their next meeting. Every business card that you receive, send a thank you email that includes a few questions. Make sure they are personalized and show you have an interest in sales and the company.

If you make a good impression there, you will be invited to a sit down interview with the DBO. This is a standard face to face interview, be confident and ask questions.

If you make a good impression in that interview, you will then be invited to attend a 1/2 Day interview. Ask a LOT of questions during this interview as this is your opportunity to discover how the company operates on a daily basis.

If you make another good impression, there will be a panel interview of all the account managers. This is a bit more intense and they will try to see how you handle hard-hitting questions about your experiences, background and desires. Make sure you emphasis that you want to work in sales.

Recruiter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Two phone interviews and one personal interview with the head of the office. After that, spent a half day in the office shadowing other members of team and several interviews along with lunch with two of their senior recruiters.

Recruit Interview

Emailed with my recruiter, who asked me to come in the next day for an interview. Basic get to know you questions, met with two other 'business developers.' Overall good interview experience, still waiting to hear about opportunities from them.

Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at TEKsystems.

The Corporate Recruiter was so nice and worked with me during the process. I was iffy about the job at first because of such a low pay and a training period. I decided to go to the in person interview and it was the weirdest interview I have ever been a part of. And I've been recruiting for a couple of years! She asked me literally my life story. I have to tell her things in order since I was born-to now. It was just weird, and I believe some of those questions were HR Violations. Not to mention she was rude and didn't seem to connect at all. She continued to call me back and asked if I wanted "feedback?" I wouldn't want to work for this company, and I certainly didn't appreciate the weird interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your life story-the time you were born until now...

First of all, that's not even a legal question, second, what are you trying to get out of this?
        Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at TEKsystems.

campus recruiter and career fair

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at TEKsystems.

The recruiter actually got a hold of me first and then took her two weeks to reply to my response. Then we set up a phone interview for a couple weeks in the future. After the phone interview, she wanted to set up a F2F interview and asked me to follow up. I followed up and no response. I emailed her twice over the next 2 months and called her 3 times. No response. I FINALLY got a hold of her and she had the nerve to tell me that they went with someone else...without telling me they actually didn't want to give me a 2nd interview like they said they did. Only reason she picked up the phone the last time is because I mentioned her actions to someone I knew working in the same company and he told her off for not getting back to me. I was EXTREMELY dissatisfied with the hiring process. Other recruiters are probably better at their jobs with TEKsystems but certainly not this one.

Recruiter Interview

Not a typical interview process. The entire focus is on your personality and personal growth, not professional experience.

Recruiter Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Face to Face interview with DBO (Director of Business Operations) and various Account Managers. After interview, you will meet with recruiter's in the "pit" or open area office.

Interview Questions
    • When meeting with recruiters, have your guard up and act professional. The DBO will ask the office what they thought and their input is very important.   Answer Question
    I would negotiate. The base salary is not enough to live on, comfortably.

Worked for TEKsystems? Contribute to the Community!