TEKsystems

Average Difficulty
50 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Recruiter

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details – This is a multiple stage interview process. They initially begin with an Open House where you get a chance to meet with the recruiters, account managers and the director of business operations. It may seem like they are just being welcoming and friendly, this is the opportunity to show your communication skills. Meet as many people as you can, ask a lot of questions and be a leader of the conversation. This will put your name into their memories and they will remember you during their next meeting. Every business card that you receive, send a thank you email that includes a few questions. Make sure they are personalized and show you have an interest in sales and the company.

If you make a good impression there, you will be invited to a sit down interview with the DBO. This is a standard face to face interview, be confident and ask questions.

If you make a good impression in that interview, you will then be invited to attend a 1/2 Day interview. Ask a LOT of questions during this interview as this is your opportunity to discover how the company operates on a daily basis.

If you make another good impression, there will be a panel interview of all the account managers. This is a bit more intense and they will try to see how you handle hard-hitting questions about your experiences, background and desires. Make sure you emphasis that you want to work in sales.

Interview Question – What attracts you to sales?   View Answer

Recruiter

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews and one personal interview with the head of the office. After that, spent a half day in the office shadowing other members of team and several interviews along with lunch with two of their senior recruiters.

Recruit Interview

Recruit

Interviewed at TEKsystems

Interview Details – Emailed with my recruiter, who asked me to come in the next day for an interview. Basic get to know you questions, met with two other 'business developers.' Overall good interview experience, still waiting to hear about opportunities from them.

Interview Question – What are your biggest strengths?   Answer Question

Recruiter

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details – The Corporate Recruiter was so nice and worked with me during the process. I was iffy about the job at first because of such a low pay and a training period. I decided to go to the in person interview and it was the weirdest interview I have ever been a part of. And I've been recruiting for a couple of years! She asked me literally my life story. I have to tell her things in order since I was born-to now. It was just weird, and I believe some of those questions were HR Violations. Not to mention she was rude and didn't seem to connect at all. She continued to call me back and asked if I wanted "feedback?" I wouldn't want to work for this company, and I certainly didn't appreciate the weird interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about your life story-the time you were born until now...

First of all, that's not even a legal question, second, what are you trying to get out of this?
  Answer Question

Recruiter

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details – campus recruiter and career fair

Interview Question – What can you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in January 2010.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend, like most are. The interview process was simple, I had a phone screen and 2 in person (1 being a 1/2 day) interviews. This was also in the late 90's when I interviewed and things have changed a bit since then.

Interview Question – Stay away from the canned answer. They want a real honest answer. Be yourself and not who you think they want you to be.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing to negotiate. They have a set salary for entry level recruiters.

Overland Park, KS

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in March 2014.

Interview Details – There was a bit of a mix up on my initial interview scheduling. I had already scheduled for a face-to-face interview but got another call to set a phone interview. It turned out to not be a big deal and I just did both. It gave me an extra contact in the company and I got to talk to more people and gain a better understanding for what the position was and what was expected. It was smooth sailing after that though. The half day interview was a bit overwhelming but really gave me a chance to see how I would fit into the culture and if it was the right company for me. One of the best interview experiences I've had!

Interview Question – What is your biggest fear in the work place and how do you handle it?   Answer Question

Recruiter

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details – The recruiter actually got a hold of me first and then took her two weeks to reply to my response. Then we set up a phone interview for a couple weeks in the future. After the phone interview, she wanted to set up a F2F interview and asked me to follow up. I followed up and no response. I emailed her twice over the next 2 months and called her 3 times. No response. I FINALLY got a hold of her and she had the nerve to tell me that they went with someone else...without telling me they actually didn't want to give me a 2nd interview like they said they did. Only reason she picked up the phone the last time is because I mentioned her actions to someone I knew working in the same company and he told her off for not getting back to me. I was EXTREMELY dissatisfied with the hiring process. Other recruiters are probably better at their jobs with TEKsystems but certainly not this one.

Interview Question – I really don't remember...it was THAT long ago.   Answer Question

Interviewed at TEKsystems

Interview Details – Not a typical interview process. The entire focus is on your personality and personal growth, not professional experience.

Interview Question – Are you motivated by money?   View Answer

Recruiter

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details – Face to Face interview with DBO (Director of Business Operations) and various Account Managers. After interview, you will meet with recruiter's in the "pit" or open area office.

Interview Question – When meeting with recruiters, have your guard up and act professional. The DBO will ask the office what they thought and their input is very important.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I would negotiate. The base salary is not enough to live on, comfortably.

Worked for TEKsystems? Contribute to the Community!