TEKsystems Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

Phone call. All the woman talked about was how much better they were than the other companies. I understand that you want to beat the competition, but the way she was speaking about it was bragging and saying how other companies have just "copied" them and no one else holds a candle to them.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for TEKsystems

Recruiter Interview

Interview

After an employee recommendation, set up an interview within a week. Rescheduled (thankfully, because it appeared they had also scheduled for the wrong date anyway when they sent the cancellation). Telephone interview asked typical but almost antiquated questions. Felt very forced and condescending. From the start it felt like he/she wasn't interested in conducting the interview, so why bother setting one up? Very different feel from the employee who had made the recommendation. Sounded very young and slightly judgmental. My overall impression is that they are looking for someone to give their whole life to the company, and I'm sure my interview did nothing to suggest I was willing to do so. Interesting way of weeding people out. I'm sure it works for those who can make Teksystems their life.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weaknesses, what I did to prepare for the interview, why I want a job in sales, most difficult job, most difficult thing in my life...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at TEKsystems (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process was unorganized. I flew all the way to Chicago to interview (paying with my own money). When I got there, the two senior recruiters I was supposed to meet with were not there and I ended up just having a conversation with two account executives who did not have much authority in the hiring process. I followed up twice and never heard back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems (Melville, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by HR after posting my resume on my university alumni portal. The process was very quick and timely. It consisted of a phone screening, phone interview, in-person interview and a half day. At the end, they require two references before extending you an offer. They really want to get to know who you are so its a little bit more in-depth and personal than a typical interview. They also want to know that you are money driven and have a willingness to help people.

Interview Questions

• Focused on failures and successes in both college and high school. Asked about strengths and weaknesses of both yourself in your current job as well as your employer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems (Cedar Rapids, IA) in May 2015.

Interview

They start off with a phone interview. After that you go on to interview with the director of operations for that location. If all goes well you get a job shadow and they take you to lunch. After the job shadow they tell you to give them a week to get back to you. They send out an email if you don't get hired.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about talking on the phone for 8 hours a day?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at TEKsystems (Columbus, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

First it was a phone interview and then they followed up with an interview in person. The interview itself was extremely informal and the questions asked were meant to keep you talking. After the interview they did something I loved, which was to give you feedback on the interview and see how you react to that feedback.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at TEKsystems in April 2015.

Interview

Nice and very friendly interview process, very different from other common questions, rather focus on your own self. People are very friendly and want to know about your self. A bit personal questions.

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems (El Segundo, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Talked to a couple of employees at a college career fair. Told them I was interested in LA location. A week later had a phone interview with LA recruiter, which lead to a interview in person with the manager of an office near me. This went well and was flown out to LA for a half day job shadow and very brief interview.

Interview Questions

• Strengths Weaknesses What do you know about the position Why TEKsystems Why the industry interest you The hardest time in your life How you overcame one of the hardest times in your life. What makes you interested in sales A time when you thought about giving up on something but managed to get through it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. 45 minutes. Recruiter in Newport Beach reached out to me via linked in and asked that I have a phone interview. Spoke with a recruiter in AZ about the process.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems (Charlotte, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

They asked way too many personal questions, of which 80% weren't job related. Still glad I didn't get it though- 60 hour work weeks at 50K a year. They weren't very organized and it was very stuffy. They tried to make it comfortable, but failed. Also, the office is difficult to find and they don't give you proper directions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult time in your personal life and how you overcame it? They literally asked that at least 5 times.   Answer Question