TEKsystems

Average Difficulty
50 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Very Difficult Interview

Framingham, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at TEKsystems in December 2009.

Interview Details – You do a 1 on 1 meeting with the DBO. If he likes you then you are asked back for a half day where you need to spend time with each person in the office. Once you leave for the half day, the DBO will ask the office what they thought of you and if even one person has any hesitation then you are not offered the job. The key is to ask a lot of smart questions. They will ask you about obstacles and phone phobia...play out each obstacle as just a temporary learning experience and that using the phones is no big deal for you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – nothing.

Very Difficult Interview

Recruiter

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at TEKsystems in March 2011.

Interview Details – The process consisted of a one on one, a panel interview, and a final dinner. It was drawn out over the course of some months; really gassed you up into thinking that it was in the bag, only to get a rejection two weeks later. Disappointing.

Recruiter

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in March 2009.

Interview Details – I interviewed for the Recruiter position, they were very professional, the phone interview consists of all very standard questions, then was told that my application would be reviewed within 2 weeks. After 2 weeks, the In-person interview was a bit more challenging, nonetheless succeeded and got an offer but declined due to another more compelling offer.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be a recruiter?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in December 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview, inperson with the DBO, interview with the team, and then a final interview with with DBO and others.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Money motiviation

Recruiter

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at TEKsystems in May 2007.

Interview Details – phone interview, in person interview with manager, then meet multiple people and shadow for half a day

Interview Question – what is your definition of TEAM?   Answer Question

Recruiter

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at TEKsystems in January 2012.

Interview Details – The first step is a phone interview. It's basic sales questions.
The second step is an interview with the DBO (branch manager) and an account manager. This was actually pretty tough. They want lots of answers and don't want your typical bs interview question answers. Definitely a challenging interview.
The third step is a half day at the branch. This includes you meeting several recruiters and account managers. It also includes a 2:1 interview and a lunch.
The final step is an interview dinner with the manager. If you've made it this far, it's yours to lose. They want you if you can prove you're not an idiot and can eat dinner with people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in November 2010.

Interview Details – Initial phone screen to discuss background and qualifications. Also to learn about the company, culture and job responsibilities. In person interview with the Director of Business Operations. If all goes well, then you're invited in for a 1/2 day interview (includes a panel interview and job shadowing).

Interview Question – How do you motivate someone who is down to be successful?   Answer Question

Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in May 2008.

Interview Details – Do not expect a fast interview process, unless they are really in a bind to fill a position. It is generally a three or four-step interview process. Generally starts with a phone intervivew with a regional internal recruiter, then an interview with the office director, followed by a panel interview with 2-3 sr. team members, followed by a half-day shadowing other recruiters.

Interview Question – How would you go about determining what you would pay a consultant for a job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They do not negotiate on salary- everyone starts at $30K.

Silver Spring, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at TEKsystems in March 2013.

Interview Details – Recruited through my university. Initial contact was quite brief, and frankly a little short. I was expecting a bit more questions during the interview. Regardless, I was invited back to their offices for a panel interview and just to see the operations of the office. The panel interview was a lot more thorough and consisted of three employees all asking you questions. This was the interview process I was preparing for.

Interview Question – What was a tough conversation you had to have with a close friend that you didn't want to have?   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TEKsystems in June 2013.

Interview Details – Asked to answer a few questions via email, I was then interviewed on the phone by an internal recruiter. I was invited to an in person interview at their office. There, i was interviewed by a DBO and Account manager. Very personal and in depth interview.

Interview Question – Asked about my university grades and why I didn't achieve higher grades.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at TEKsystems

Worked for TEKsystems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TEKsystems Recruiter interview questions and advice. All 50 interview reviews posted anonymously by TEKsystems employees and interview candidates.