TEKsystems Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2014

3.1

52 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Recruiter Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 months - interviewed at TEKsystems in March 2011.

The process consisted of a one on one, a panel interview, and a final dinner. It was drawn out over the course of some months; really gassed you up into thinking that it was in the bag, only to get a rejection two weeks later. Disappointing.

Other Interview Reviews for TEKsystems

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Framingham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at TEKsystems in December 2009.

You do a 1 on 1 meeting with the DBO. If he likes you then you are asked back for a half day where you need to spend time with each person in the office. Once you leave for the half day, the DBO will ask the office what they thought of you and if even one person has any hesitation then you are not offered the job. The key is to ask a lot of smart questions. They will ask you about obstacles and phone phobia...play out each obstacle as just a temporary learning experience and that using the phones is no big deal for you.

nothing.

Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at TEKsystems in May 2007.

phone interview, in person interview with manager, then meet multiple people and shadow for half a day

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in December 2009.

Phone interview, inperson with the DBO, interview with the team, and then a final interview with with DBO and others.

Money motiviation

Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems.

This is a multiple stage interview process. They initially begin with an Open House where you get a chance to meet with the recruiters, account managers and the director of business operations. It may seem like they are just being welcoming and friendly, this is the opportunity to show your communication skills. Meet as many people as you can, ask a lot of questions and be a leader of the conversation. This will put your name into their memories and they will remember you during their next meeting. Every business card that you receive, send a thank you email that includes a few questions. Make sure they are personalized and show you have an interest in sales and the company.

If you make a good impression there, you will be invited to a sit down interview with the DBO. This is a standard face to face interview, be confident and ask questions.

If you make a good impression in that interview, you will then be invited to attend a 1/2 Day interview. Ask a LOT of questions during this interview as this is your opportunity to discover how the company operates on a daily basis.

If you make another good impression, there will be a panel interview of all the account managers. This is a bit more intense and they will try to see how you handle hard-hitting questions about your experiences, background and desires. Make sure you emphasis that you want to work in sales.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in March 2012.

Interview process conisted of:
    1. A call from the regional internal recruiter. She asked some basic questions regarding why I would be interested in the position and what my career goals were. Pretty much, feeling out my personality to see if I would be a fit in a young competitive company.
    2. The local Director of Business Operations (runs the office) gave me a call and had a pretty similar conversation. Really casual. He dug in a little bit more to my background and asked about the job I was currently working at.
    3. Went to the office to meet with the Director. He asked more specific questions around my resume and also dug in to my personal background. Seemed like he really wanted to know what made me tick.
    4. The half-day interview, the final step. This starts as a job shadow with several of the recruiters for the first hour or so where they show you the tools that are used on the job and explain some of the lingo that is being thrown around the office. This is also a time where the individual is being rated on their personal skills and ability to integrate with the other workers.
    After about an hour, it is time for the panel interview. This will consist of three Account Managers and they will take turns asking questions about a wide variety of things. Most of the questions will dig into work ethic, organization, company knowledge and previous experiences that lend themselves to a sales organization.
    If the panel goes well, you will go back to the "pit" to shadow a couple more recruiters. Once again, this is to see how well you interact with everyone.
    5. After a few days, I received a call from the Director and he offered me the position. I accepted and then came in a day later for paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • What's ethical rule do you value most? What was a time when you found that you had to ignore or bend this value?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. I asked what the pay was and it was good compared to what I was making before so I just accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in May 2008.

Do not expect a fast interview process, unless they are really in a bind to fill a position. It is generally a three or four-step interview process. Generally starts with a phone intervivew with a regional internal recruiter, then an interview with the office director, followed by a panel interview with 2-3 sr. team members, followed by a half-day shadowing other recruiters.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about determining what you would pay a consultant for a job?   View Answer
    They do not negotiate on salary- everyone starts at $30K.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in November 2010.

Initial phone screen to discuss background and qualifications. Also to learn about the company, culture and job responsibilities. In person interview with the Director of Business Operations. If all goes well, then you're invited in for a 1/2 day interview (includes a panel interview and job shadowing).

Interview Questions
    • How do you motivate someone who is down to be successful?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at TEKsystems in January 2012.

The first step is a phone interview. It's basic sales questions.
    The second step is an interview with the DBO (branch manager) and an account manager. This was actually pretty tough. They want lots of answers and don't want your typical bs interview question answers. Definitely a challenging interview.
    The third step is a half day at the branch. This includes you meeting several recruiters and account managers. It also includes a 2:1 interview and a lunch.
    The final step is an interview dinner with the manager. If you've made it this far, it's yours to lose. They want you if you can prove you're not an idiot and can eat dinner with people.

Interview Questions
    • What are 3 positives and 3 negatives about yourself?   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest accomplishment and what is your greatest failure?   Answer Question
    • Where are you applying and why are you applying for TEKsystems?   Answer Question
    • What are the most important qualities for a salesperson?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself, not related to school or internships.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Silver Spring, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at TEKsystems in March 2013.

Recruited through my university. Initial contact was quite brief, and frankly a little short. I was expecting a bit more questions during the interview. Regardless, I was invited back to their offices for a panel interview and just to see the operations of the office. The panel interview was a lot more thorough and consisted of three employees all asking you questions. This was the interview process I was preparing for.

Interview Questions
    • What was a tough conversation you had to have with a close friend that you didn't want to have?   Answer Question

Worked for TEKsystems? Contribute to the Community!