TEKsystems Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems in October 2014.

I met some recruiters on campus and was invited to an open house after chatting for about 30 minutes. Attended thee open house and made what I believed to be a good impression. I went back a couple weeks later for a half day job shadow/interview. This consisted of touring different areas of the office and seeing what each division is responsible for. This was followed by a formal interview by two managers. Lastly, I was taken to lunch for a less formal interview with another manager and an associate.

Other Interview Reviews for TEKsystems

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at TEKsystems in October 2014.

Applied the first week of October and had a phone interview shortly after. The interviewer said he was very impressed and would get back to me about an opportunity to attend their open house later that month. He was fired during that time and my information was not given to anyone else in the office. I then had to call the office myself where I was told they would give me another phone interview - never called. I contacted the director of the office and she connected me with someone else in the office who gave me a phone interview. For some reason he transferred me to a recruiter in a different office who gave me two more phone interviews. This was the most stressful experience with a company I've had to deal with. Four of the same phone interviews with three different people over the span of five months, and then they denied the opportunity for me to go in for an in-person interview. After doing all the work just to speak with someone myself, you'd think they would at least give me some of their time too. Glad I wasn't given the chance to work with such a disorganized group of people.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems in March 2015.

Phone interview. 45 minutes. Recruiter in Newport Beach reached out to me via linked in and asked that I have a phone interview. Spoke with a recruiter in AZ about the process.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online, heard back from them within two weeks. Phone Interview questions were similar to any other interviews, a lot of typical behavioral questions, and general questions about school extracurricular, work experience, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA
    Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at TEKsystems in January 2015.

Got a call from an HR rep, had to fill out a ten page application after and then never heard back after following up with them multiple times. They asked a lot of questions about my current positions in college and then also asked way back to how I was involved in high school.

Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TEKsystems.

I approached TEKsystems at my college career fair. I had an on campus interview the next day and was sent an online test/background info that I had to fill out within 24-48 hours. The interview was really about making sure you want to go into sales and sales is what you're passionate for. The lady interviewing me literally asked me why I would be good at sales 5 times and expected 5 different answers, and "being a people person" wasn't a good enough answer for them. I haven't gotten an offer yet, but I accepted a second round interview in their office in Chicago.

Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems in September 2014.

Met them at a career fair, and they emailed me for a phone interview the following week.
    The interviewer asked a lot of personal questions and many about goals, past difficult experiences and where you see yourself in 5 years. They also asked a lot of questions about what motivates you. They also asked a question "are you motivated by money?"
    The interviewer wasn't that friendly and didn't really interact or try to sympathize with the answers I was giving.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult time you've ever been through and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TEKsystems in November 2014.

The hiring process was three rounds. I received an interview after meeting recruiters at an on campus career fair. The first round was a phone interview, pretty generic questions more along the lines of getting to know your background and experience. The second round interview was in their downtown Chicago office. It lasted about 1.5 hours and was relaxed, mostly questions about why sales, your personality and what motivated you. The third round was also in their downtown office and was a half day interview where I met with several employees. During this round many of the questions felt inappropriate and not related to the position. A lot of questions about my personal and family life were asked. For example: Are your parents paying for your educations? And tell me about your family, are your parents married still? Just bizarre questions to ask during an interview. The interviewers claimed it was because TekSystems was "like a family and they wanted to really know you" but I got a more nosy and intrusive feeling from the questions. None of the interview questions were particularly difficult, mostly related to sales and character traits. I was told to call back two days later to follow up after the third round. I left multiple emails and voice mails during the course of the week but I didn't get a response until a week later when I was told they wanted somebody who could start immediately (I graduate in May) and with more experience. I was not compensated for gas and travel for the 2nd or 3rd round interviews. None of the stages were particularly difficult but it felt like the whole process was a waste of time.

Recruiter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems.

First there was a 30-40 min phone interview gauging interest and a few basic question and then an in office interview that was just one on one very laid back and the interviewer was the best i have talked too.

Recruiter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems.

1 Phone, 1 face to face with 3 people. It is very easy if you can articulate these points. Most people pass the interview because they need bodies.

Interview Questions
    Basically take it or leave it.