TEKsystems Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (El Segundo, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Talked to a couple of employees at a college career fair. Told them I was interested in LA location. A week later had a phone interview with LA recruiter, which lead to a interview in person with the manager of an office near me. This went well and was flown out to LA for a half day job shadow and very brief interview.

Interview Questions

• Strengths Weaknesses What do you know about the position Why TEKsystems Why the industry interest you The hardest time in your life How you overcame one of the hardest times in your life. What makes you interested in sales A time when you thought about giving up on something but managed to get through it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TEKsystems

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. 45 minutes. Recruiter in Newport Beach reached out to me via linked in and asked that I have a phone interview. Spoke with a recruiter in AZ about the process.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Charlotte, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

They asked way too many personal questions, of which 80% weren't job related. Still glad I didn't get it though- 60 hour work weeks at 50K a year. They weren't very organized and it was very stuffy. They tried to make it comfortable, but failed. Also, the office is difficult to find and they don't give you proper directions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult time in your personal life and how you overcame it? They literally asked that at least 5 times.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview and in person interview; spent some time with recruiters so that I could see what they do. Most of the employees are young. There was an emphasis on how much potential money you can make, but not a lot of content or context about the job itself. In that sense, it sounds more like a traditional sales job. I sell cars now. I know when someone is trying to sell something to me. If they're bragging about how much you can make, it isn't always a good sign of corporate culture.

Interview Questions

• What was a hardship you faced in your life and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

I approached TEKsystems at my college career fair. I had an on campus interview the next day and was sent an online test/background info that I had to fill out within 24-48 hours. The interview was really about making sure you want to go into sales and sales is what you're passionate for. The lady interviewing me literally asked me why I would be good at sales 5 times and expected 5 different answers, and "being a people person" wasn't a good enough answer for them. I haven't gotten an offer yet, but I accepted a second round interview in their office in Chicago.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems in February 2015.

Interview

It took 4+ weeks Went to a social at the my university. They had more boxes of pizzas than attendees. I was interested. Email them after set me up with an interview

Interview Questions

• Went to a social at the my university. They had more boxes of pizzas than attendees. I was interested. Email them after set me up with an interview 1st Interview Interview with 3 account managers. Questions about motivation Questions why sales Why Tek Systems? Biggest failure and how you overcome it? Weakness etc. 2nd Interview Spent 3 hours at the office shadowing a recruiter. I got interview by 3 recruiters same typical questions more laid back 3rd Interview Interview with the Director of Business Operations. He wants to see how confident, calm and assertive you are. He's going to throw odd questions but this is too trick you. I got trick with my biggest failure cause he reply "Thats your biggest failure?" He keeps you on your toes. He wants to see if have thick skin. I have called left messages and still no reply. I know I didnt feel confident after 3rd interview but its just rude not to call people back.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Iowa City, IA) in January 2015.

Interview

Got a call from an HR rep, had to fill out a ten page application after and then never heard back after following up with them multiple times. They asked a lot of questions about my current positions in college and then also asked way back to how I was involved in high school.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

First there was a 30-40 min phone interview gauging interest and a few basic question and then an in office interview that was just one on one very laid back and the interviewer was the best i have talked too.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TEKsystems in November 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was three rounds. I received an interview after meeting recruiters at an on campus career fair. The first round was a phone interview, pretty generic questions more along the lines of getting to know your background and experience. The second round interview was in their downtown Chicago office. It lasted about 1.5 hours and was relaxed, mostly questions about why sales, your personality and what motivated you. The third round was also in their downtown office and was a half day interview where I met with several employees. During this round many of the questions felt inappropriate and not related to the position. A lot of questions about my personal and family life were asked. For example: Are your parents paying for your educations? And tell me about your family, are your parents married still? Just bizarre questions to ask during an interview. The interviewers claimed it was because TekSystems was "like a family and they wanted to really know you" but I got a more nosy and intrusive feeling from the questions. None of the interview questions were particularly difficult, mostly related to sales and character traits. I was told to call back two days later to follow up after the third round. I left multiple emails and voice mails during the course of the week but I didn't get a response until a week later when I was told they wanted somebody who could start immediately (I graduate in May) and with more experience. I was not compensated for gas and travel for the 2nd or 3rd round interviews. None of the stages were particularly difficult but it felt like the whole process was a waste of time.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

1 Phone, 1 face to face with 3 people. It is very easy if you can articulate these points. Most people pass the interview because they need bodies.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Basically take it or leave it.