TEKsystems Recruiter Interview Questions & Reviews

52 interviews

3.1

52 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Recruiter Interview

Phone Interview Followed up by a half day interview with the office head and all other recruiters and account managers of the office location. Everyone was super friendly and answered all of my questions in great detail. Was not good at following up with me or getting back to you in a timely manner.

Interview Questions

Offered me a job at another office location

Other Interview Reviews for TEKsystems

Anonymous Employee  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at TEKsystems.

This is a very long, slow process. I am not sure if this is by design or because they are incompetent. If you go through the same interview process, you will be wondering the same.

Unfortunately, the interviewer asked me if I was applying for other positions and I mentioned that I was being flown out to Chicago to interview with another company and the interview should have just ended at that point. She basically gave up and clearly took it personally for some reason. I found her and the entire organization to be very unprofessional.

Anonymous Employee  in  Silver Spring, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at TEKsystems in March 2013.

Recruited through my university. Initial contact was quite brief, and frankly a little short. I was expecting a bit more questions during the interview. Regardless, I was invited back to their offices for a panel interview and just to see the operations of the office. The panel interview was a lot more thorough and consisted of three employees all asking you questions. This was the interview process I was preparing for.

Interview Questions
    • What was a tough conversation you had to have with a close friend that you didn't want to have?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in May 2008.

Do not expect a fast interview process, unless they are really in a bind to fill a position. It is generally a three or four-step interview process. Generally starts with a phone intervivew with a regional internal recruiter, then an interview with the office director, followed by a panel interview with 2-3 sr. team members, followed by a half-day shadowing other recruiters.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about determining what you would pay a consultant for a job?   View Answer
    They do not negotiate on salary- everyone starts at $30K.

Anonymous Employee  in  Linthicum, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Linthicum, MD

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in October 2012.

I heard about the recruiter position with TEKsystems through the career center at my alma mater. The director forwarded my resume, and I heard back about a week later requesting a phone interview.

During the phone interview, there weren't many questions. Mostly the recruiter and I chatted about the sales field, and the other kinds of positions I had been applying for. Very simple. After the interview, he invited me to meet with him the next week.

During this interview, again there weren't many questions. Stuff about sales, my prior experience, what I knew about the company, and why I was interested in the position. After this, he thought I would be a good fit to move on to the next step and meet his boss for a more formal interview.

In this interview, there were more questions and less chatting. It was very clear they were looking for someone who was 100 percent sales driven. The interviewer told me that the kind of person who would want this job should be 100 percent invested in doing sales for the rest of their life. The interview lasted for about 20 minutes.

The next day, I chatted with the recruiter who set me up for interview. I expressed how I didn't think I would be moving on because I was totally sold on working sales the rest of my life, and my recruiter agreed.

About two days later, I heard back from my recruiter, who had a job opportunity for me that he thought we be a great fit. I should mention that there was no reason he had to go out of his way and help me, but he did. A couple of days later, I got the job that he had suggested would be a good fit.

Although I didn't get the recruiter position, I really appreciated the other recruiter going out of his way to help me in my own job search. I think this really reflects the quality of the employees this company hires.

Interview Questions
    • Convince me why you are completely invested in working in sales?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in November 2010.

Initial phone screen to discuss background and qualifications. Also to learn about the company, culture and job responsibilities. In person interview with the Director of Business Operations. If all goes well, then you're invited in for a 1/2 day interview (includes a panel interview and job shadowing).

Interview Questions
    • How do you motivate someone who is down to be successful?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in December 2011.

Interviewed over the phone initially. They asked basic questions about my resume, experiences, why i wanted to work for TEKsystems, etc. Was asked back for a on on one with the DBO. That was more in depth and helped him to get to know me better as a person. Was asked back for the shadow day and was able to get to know the other recruiters on the staff as well as some of the account managers. Everyone was very nice and was able to answer all of my questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a personal challenge that you have had to overcome in life.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at TEKsystems in July 2011.

First off, the interviewer asked me questions that really didn't pertain to the position. He started talking about how personal everyone was in the office and how it wasn't a surprise for them to get into your family business, which I found to be very unprofessional. I felt it was a way of trying to weed me out by bringing up how they get together at each other houses for cookouts and ask if I had a problem with it. Well, I didn't come in on an interview to talk about getting together with co-workers and to invite them to my house, needless to say I felt very uncomfortable about that, but I did send a thank you letter showing interest and never heard back from them. Advice I would give, if you want to work for a company where you love sharing your personal life, then Teksystems is the place to be. Regardless, where I go, I always stay in my lane.

Interview Questions
    • What type of culture you prefer to work in?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years? What type of business would you run?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at TEKsystems in June 2011.

It was a very easy phone and personal 1 on 1 interview. They put me in a small hot room in the middle of summer. That was the worst part.

Anonymous Employee  in  Melville, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at TEKsystems in May 2011.

They all seemed very nice and I thought I had the job in the bag after the 3rd interview. Turns out I was wrong.