TEKsystems

Getting the Interview

43 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Melville, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at TEKsystems in May 2011.

Interview Details – They all seemed very nice and I thought I had the job in the bag after the 3rd interview. Turns out I was wrong.

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in May 2011.

Interview Details – Had phone interiview with recruiter. Had one on one with recruiter. Had one on one with Director of Business. Interview went well, I was told to call the next day to schedule a half day but never heard back from her.

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at TEKsystems in July 2010.

Interview Details – This was AWFUL! The interviewer was a JERK! I thought we had a really great interview. I interviewed on a Wednesday and he said to call that Friday to discuss the next step in the interview process. I called, emailed, called the following week, emailed and NOTHING! I believe that is EXTREMELY unprofessional and looks very bad for the company.

Interview Question – Give 5 words to describe yourself.   View Answer

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in December 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview, inperson with the DBO, interview with the team, and then a final interview with with DBO and others.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Money motiviation

Very Difficult Interview

Framingham, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at TEKsystems in December 2009.

Interview Details – You do a 1 on 1 meeting with the DBO. If he likes you then you are asked back for a half day where you need to spend time with each person in the office. Once you leave for the half day, the DBO will ask the office what they thought of you and if even one person has any hesitation then you are not offered the job. The key is to ask a lot of smart questions. They will ask you about obstacles and phone phobia...play out each obstacle as just a temporary learning experience and that using the phones is no big deal for you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – nothing.

Houston, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in December 2008.

Interview Details – f there is enough common ground, then the phone interviews are almost always followed-up by an in-person interview. Phone interviews are generally conducted in two steps. The first step is with a recruiter in Human Resources. The second step is a technical interview, usually with one of the people you would be working with. Technical phone interviews are usually only conducted for people living outside the geographical region. This is done because the company wants to have some level of confidence in your technical abilities before they decided to spend the money to fly you in for an in-person interview.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Indianapolis, IN

The process took a day - interviewed at TEKsystems in October 2009.

Interview Details – I got an interview through the career services office in my university. I was interviewed by a woman and a man, both had about 6 years of experience with TEKsystems. The interview was pretty informal; I didn't feel intimidated by the interviewers. They asked me what I knew about the job I was applying for and why I would be a good candidate for the job. They also were interested in my job and classroom experiences.

Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in March 2014.

Interview Details – Emailed with a list of questions to answer, phone interview, then in person interview.

Interview Question – How much do you expect to make with us after 5 years?   View Answer

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TEKsystems in June 2013.

Interview Details – Asked to answer a few questions via email, I was then interviewed on the phone by an internal recruiter. I was invited to an in person interview at their office. There, i was interviewed by a DBO and Account manager. Very personal and in depth interview.

Interview Question – Asked about my university grades and why I didn't achieve higher grades.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TEKsystems in March 2013.

Interview Details – interviewed by email first. Second stage was by phone