TEKsystems

Updated Feb 16, 2015
Updated Feb 16, 2015

3.1

Recruiter Interview

Phone interview then face to face then panel.

Interview Questions
  • The advice I was given is true, if you are a fit, you will get the job and you will fit in, and it will be great.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TEKsystems

Recruiter Interview

Phone Interview Followed up by a half day interview with the office head and all other recruiters and account managers of the office location. Everyone was super friendly and answered all of my questions in great detail. Was not good at following up with me or getting back to you in a timely manner.

Interview Questions

Offered me a job at another office location

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

interviewed at TEKsystems in May 2013.

It started with a normal phone interview, which was basically all screening questions. After that we scheduled a one on one interview (with a sales manager). Pretty much all of the questions were behavioral in nature. They also give you a brief overview of what the company does and how they do it differently than competitors.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about if they called the closest person in your life, what personality trait would they say will hinder you in your career.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at TEKsystems.

This is a very long, slow process. I am not sure if this is by design or because they are incompetent. If you go through the same interview process, you will be wondering the same.

Unfortunately, the interviewer asked me if I was applying for other positions and I mentioned that I was being flown out to Chicago to interview with another company and the interview should have just ended at that point. She basically gave up and clearly took it personally for some reason. I found her and the entire organization to be very unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems in March 2013.

To even be considered for this opportunity you have to be either a recent college grad or a person that has been in the workforce with consistent job history. They do not like job hoppers here. There are 3 steps to this interview. 1 phone screen with HR. 1 in person with the DBO. If you pass those 3 you attend a half day interview where you get to experience hands on a day in the life of a recruiter. There is also a panel interview during this half day where about 3-5 Account Managers mixed with Recruiters throw questions at you left and right before you can answer the first question. They can move rather fast, this can be all done within 2 weeks time and job offer day after the half day. So be prepared to move quickly.

Interview Questions
    • The personal questions were the hardest for me. They literally want to know your life story.   Answer Question
    There is room for negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TEKsystems in March 2013.

Recruited through my university. Initial contact was quite brief, and frankly a little short. I was expecting a bit more questions during the interview. Regardless, I was invited back to their offices for a panel interview and just to see the operations of the office. The panel interview was a lot more thorough and consisted of three employees all asking you questions. This was the interview process I was preparing for.

Interview Questions
    • What was a tough conversation you had to have with a close friend that you didn't want to have?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Linthicum, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Linthicum, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems in October 2012.

I heard about the recruiter position with TEKsystems through the career center at my alma mater. The director forwarded my resume, and I heard back about a week later requesting a phone interview.

During the phone interview, there weren't many questions. Mostly the recruiter and I chatted about the sales field, and the other kinds of positions I had been applying for. Very simple. After the interview, he invited me to meet with him the next week.

During this interview, again there weren't many questions. Stuff about sales, my prior experience, what I knew about the company, and why I was interested in the position. After this, he thought I would be a good fit to move on to the next step and meet his boss for a more formal interview.

In this interview, there were more questions and less chatting. It was very clear they were looking for someone who was 100 percent sales driven. The interviewer told me that the kind of person who would want this job should be 100 percent invested in doing sales for the rest of their life. The interview lasted for about 20 minutes.

The next day, I chatted with the recruiter who set me up for interview. I expressed how I didn't think I would be moving on because I was totally sold on working sales the rest of my life, and my recruiter agreed.

About two days later, I heard back from my recruiter, who had a job opportunity for me that he thought we be a great fit. I should mention that there was no reason he had to go out of his way and help me, but he did. A couple of days later, I got the job that he had suggested would be a good fit.

Although I didn't get the recruiter position, I really appreciated the other recruiter going out of his way to help me in my own job search. I think this really reflects the quality of the employees this company hires.

Interview Questions
    • Convince me why you are completely invested in working in sales?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems in October 2012.

Interview process typically starts with a phone interview, or a quick meet and greet/casual coffee meeting interview with one of the company employees. It then moves to a face to face interview with the office DBO (Directer of Business Operations). If that goes well, you will be scheduled for a half day interview where you will interview with 3-6 of the account managers and additional recruiters. You will sit in their offices, ask questions about what they do, and they will ask you questions about your background.

Interview Questions
    • This depends on your background, but the most important things in the interview is to communicate your long-term commitment, work ethic, and team spirit. I was surprised that when they asked if I was money-driven, they wanted me to say yes, since it is a commission-driven position.   Answer Question
    No negotiation - the base salary is set and everyone's commission is set up the same way.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems in March 2012.

Interview process conisted of:
    1. A call from the regional internal recruiter. She asked some basic questions regarding why I would be interested in the position and what my career goals were. Pretty much, feeling out my personality to see if I would be a fit in a young competitive company.
    2. The local Director of Business Operations (runs the office) gave me a call and had a pretty similar conversation. Really casual. He dug in a little bit more to my background and asked about the job I was currently working at.
    3. Went to the office to meet with the Director. He asked more specific questions around my resume and also dug in to my personal background. Seemed like he really wanted to know what made me tick.
    4. The half-day interview, the final step. This starts as a job shadow with several of the recruiters for the first hour or so where they show you the tools that are used on the job and explain some of the lingo that is being thrown around the office. This is also a time where the individual is being rated on their personal skills and ability to integrate with the other workers.
    After about an hour, it is time for the panel interview. This will consist of three Account Managers and they will take turns asking questions about a wide variety of things. Most of the questions will dig into work ethic, organization, company knowledge and previous experiences that lend themselves to a sales organization.
    If the panel goes well, you will go back to the "pit" to shadow a couple more recruiters. Once again, this is to see how well you interact with everyone.
    5. After a few days, I received a call from the Director and he offered me the position. I accepted and then came in a day later for paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • What's ethical rule do you value most? What was a time when you found that you had to ignore or bend this value?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. I asked what the pay was and it was good compared to what I was making before so I just accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems in December 2011.

Interviewed over the phone initially. They asked basic questions about my resume, experiences, why i wanted to work for TEKsystems, etc. Was asked back for a on on one with the DBO. That was more in depth and helped him to get to know me better as a person. Was asked back for the shadow day and was able to get to know the other recruiters on the staff as well as some of the account managers. Everyone was very nice and was able to answer all of my questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a personal challenge that you have had to overcome in life.   Answer Question