TEKsystems Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

3.1

Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

Face to Face interview with DBO (Director of Business Operations) and various Account Managers. After interview, you will meet with recruiter's in the "pit" or open area office.

Interview Questions

• When meeting with recruiters, have your guard up and act professional. The DBO will ask the office what they thought and their input is very important.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I would negotiate. The base salary is not enough to live on, comfortably.

Other Interview Reviews for TEKsystems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems (Overland Park, KS) in March 2014.

Interview

There was a bit of a mix up on my initial interview scheduling. I had already scheduled for a face-to-face interview but got another call to set a phone interview. It turned out to not be a big deal and I just did both. It gave me an extra contact in the company and I got to talk to more people and gain a better understanding for what the position was and what was expected. It was smooth sailing after that though. The half day interview was a bit overwhelming but really gave me a chance to see how I would fit into the culture and if it was the right company for me. One of the best interview experiences I've had!

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest fear in the work place and how do you handle it?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Interview

Interview went very smooth and I was comfortable. He asked me basic questions about how I handle situations and who my biggest influence is and why. It was a positive experience. I was offered the second half day interview. I feel confident. Great overall experience so far.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle ambiguous situations?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

initial communication started with an account manager after I met her on my college campus. We emailed back and forth for a while and finally I got in to do a one on one interview with the director. The director asked a million questions and took notes all over my resume that I had just given her. It looked unprofessional and slightly unorganized but she was very nice just demanding of what my needs were and exactly why I was there interviewing. She told me to call her in two weeks to follow up which seemed a little weird to me. I decided it wasnt really a job I would want so didnt go further with the interview process

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

Started with a phone interview. I had a second interview at the office one on one, and then the following day I shadowed for half a day. I was wary from the beginning, but the half day sealed the deal. I didn't really like their daily routine. Everyone I talked to emphasized that it wasn't just an 8-5 job. The day starts at 7 and could end with dinner with a client (as well as your lunch break with a client).

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

Applied through an external website, was very prompt in initial phone call and thereafter always told me when to expect a follow up and always followed through. Initial preliminary phone interview------->phone interview -------->1 on 1------->panel interview------->job shadow same day if you make it through the panel. Culture seemed outgoing and helpful but not for everyone they expect you to share a lot of personal information.

Interview Questions

• Every question was behavioral in nature such as tell me about a time when you...   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation a flat 30k with living in bigger cities its adjusted very minimally.

Recruiter Interview

Interview

Phone interview then face to face then panel.

Interview Questions

• The advice I was given is true, if you are a fit, you will get the job and you will fit in, and it will be great.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Interview

Phone Interview Followed up by a half day interview with the office head and all other recruiters and account managers of the office location. Everyone was super friendly and answered all of my questions in great detail. Was not good at following up with me or getting back to you in a timely manner.

Interview Questions

Offered me a job at another office location

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

interviewed at TEKsystems (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2013.

Interview

It started with a normal phone interview, which was basically all screening questions. After that we scheduled a one on one interview (with a sales manager). Pretty much all of the questions were behavioral in nature. They also give you a brief overview of what the company does and how they do it differently than competitors.

Interview Questions

• They asked about if they called the closest person in your life, what personality trait would they say will hinder you in your career.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at TEKsystems (Portland, OR).

Interview

This is a very long, slow process. I am not sure if this is by design or because they are incompetent. If you go through the same interview process, you will be wondering the same.

Unfortunately, the interviewer asked me if I was applying for other positions and I mentioned that I was being flown out to Chicago to interview with another company and the interview should have just ended at that point. She basically gave up and clearly took it personally for some reason. I found her and the entire organization to be very unprofessional.