TEKsystems Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated May 6, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at TEKsystems (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

Most annoying and unprofessional interview process I've ever seen.

After I applied to one of their job posts, I was firstly contacted by one recruiter over phone. The talk was nice. He asked me some basic questions about OOP programming concepts, and some about my previous jobs. Then he introduced the job opportunity with their client which is one of the largest companies in US.

Everything was going well so he invited me to their office for a more detailed interview. It was Thursday and I honestly told him that I had some phone interviews with other companies on the same day. So I wanted to make it either on Friday or early next week. But he insisted on meeting me immediately that afternoon because it's an urgent recruitment and their client will start interviewing candidates on Friday. I finally made it and came to their office on Thursday afternoon. He appeared with another recruiter and they asked me the same questions about my previous jobs (?).

On Friday there was no interview at all (?). But he reached me and asked for my references' information then contacted all of them with a list of 10 questions.

Then 5 days later, another recruiter called me saying that that first recruiter was not in the country this week and she would like to keep in touch with me on that job opportunity. Then she started asking me exactly the same questions as the first phone call. Come on, don't you have any tracking records? I'm afraid that new recruiter will send another 10 questions to my references again...

I believe this is the last time I submit my resume to Teksystems.

Interview Questions

• 1. OOP concepts
    2. Value vs reference parameters
    3. Previous jobs

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TEKsystems

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems (Raleigh, NC) in April 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by local recruiter and I assume they found my information on LinkedIn or someplace like that. Was called in for an in person interview very quickly and had what I had assumed to be a very good initial meeting with 4 different individuals (separately and then in a group).

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. They are a staffing firm and we were talking about shopping my resume to the clients that they headhunt for.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at TEKsystems (Rockville, MD) in April 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. I went through 3 interviews and was hired after about 3 weeks. I had the initial phone, one on one and a final group interview. I received an answer after the last interview very quickly.

Interview Questions

• None. The questions were straight forward and relevant.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated my salary by having a salary range.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Interview

This is specific to the Philadelphia office. Recruiter calls or emails as a cold call/email. This after recruiters from the same office have already called and interviewed many times over for years. No one exactly remembers who you are or what happened before. Recruiters promise to call back, sometimes at specific times, but you don't hear from them. There's effectively no etiquette at all with respect to respectfulness or honoring commitments and follow through.

Interview Questions

• Will you give us a huge cut of what you would earn for a smaller, independent consulting company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems (Bloomington, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

I took a tech screening test, then talked to the team lead over the phone for about a half hour where I was asked about relevant experiences to what their team was doing.. Three days later I was informed I had the job and I had a 3 week wait before I was on-site.

Interview Questions

• The tech screening contained many really obscure questions that I doubt would come up in real life.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me several hourly rates, some with benefits and some without. I chose one and that was the end of it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems (Chicago, IL) in September 2011.

Interview

2 Technical rounds
    the first round covered all the oops concepts like polymorphism, inheritence
    They were looking for definitions and sytaxes and the interviewer was very nice to me.
    Gave enough time to figure out the answer.
    Second round was interviewd by the team lead and team members and they asked about experience about Security and validation control.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TEKsystems (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

Did a phone screen, then was called in the following week for a face to face. Was offerred the job two business days after the face to face.

Interview Questions

• If you were given a specific set of requirements for a task, what justification would you give for not developing the software according to those specific requirements?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at TEKsystems in August 2014.

Interview

first round was a written test with 4 sections , DI,Aptitude,verbal,programming .There were 60 questions to be solved in 60 mins.
    after it there was a G.D round then 2 technical interview followed by a HR interview.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

There is no inter view from tek side.
    Only the process will be held by the client.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in July 2009.

Interview

Initial over the phone interview with internal recruiter,
    one on one was interview scheduled for the following week due to availability interview was of technical nature with team leader, a second interview with project manager was also conducted one week later

After being accepted recruiter suggested lower salary than originally discussed

Interview Questions

• Technical questions where very generic, basically the main technical question consisted in explaining my previous work experience with ColdFusion   Answer Question