TEKsystems

Average Difficulty
57 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details – Phone screen with regional recruiter. In-house interview with DBO (Director of Business Operations). Half-day job shadow interview with recruiters, AM's. Panel interview with 2 account managers. Pretty easy interviews however the panel was pretty grueling with them just trying to make you feel bad.

Interview Question – Tell me about the hardest time you've gone through in life and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. 30k base unless your in Cali or the East Coast.

Technical Recruiter

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details – The interview process was awesome and very interactive. Initial phone screen is very basic. If you pass that you go onto a one on one with the DBO. He digs into your background but the questions are pretty basic. Next comes the fun part, a half day shadow in the office. This is still an interview so act accordingly.

Interview Question – Hardest feedback you have ever given and recieved   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Austin, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at TEKsystems in April 2011.

Interview Details – There were two phone screens and two in person interviews. One being a half day. All interviews were at least an thirty minutes long. Dress professionally when doing both in person interviews. That is an essential part of the process.

Interview Question – Life Story   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No your bottom line

Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in April 2014.

Interview Details – I found the job posting online and emailed the recruiter who posted it. She responded almost immediately with plenty of literature on the company and the position. She called the next morning as well, so you won't be waiting around long to hear back. The phone conversation was largely behavioral questions. Tell me about a time you overcame adversity, a time you were most proud of yourself, a time when you accomplished something, tell me about a time when you accomplished a goal and how you did it, etc. But I would not recommend the position if you are not 100% about sales, or can't convey that strongly to an interviewer. You need to very clearly explain to them that you are competitive and a very driven salesperson and a team player (if in fact you are of course) and why. Be extremely confident throughout the whole interview, it's very important to them. Side note: It is an office job averaging 55 phone calls a day, and you don't leave your desk often.

Interview Question – You like to build relationships and have great customer service skills in regards to sales, but why do you want to be in sales? (I thought that was as far as I would need to go)   View Answer

Technical Recruiter

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TEKsystems in April 2014.

Interview Details – Was called about setting up a phone interview the day after applying. The interviewer seemed more focused on my lack of extracurriculars in college than any of my skills. Within the interview I asked the exact details of the position, which included very long hours and spending breaks and after work dinners with clients. I realized at that point that I was not interested in the position. However, it did not matter. I was told they were conducting other interviews and would contact me within the next few days to tell me the outcome. I was never contacted.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be a recruiter? ( Be sure to have a thorough explanation of why you applied.)
What 3 things motivate you?
  Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details – Contacted by a Recruiter, had a phone screening and then an in-person interview that lasted an hour and a half with the Sales Director. After this, I was brought in for a half-day interview where I met almost the entire office, had a panel interview where I had to role play, and went to lunch with two recruiters.

Interview Question – "Why do you want an MBA?" and "When is the last time you did something nice for someone"   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at TEKsystems in November 2012.

Interview Details – TEKsystems is looking for people who want to eventually move into a sales role. Communicating that is essential for attaining the role. The process generally moves from phone screen with the internal, to onsite with the director of the office, to a half-day panel interview with recruiters and account managers from the office.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be in sales/what do you know about sales?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, all compensation is set in stone for entry level candidates. I have heard of other recruiters with industry experience being able to negotiate for a higher base.

Interviewed at TEKsystems

Interview Details – Contacted after applying online. Three phone interview, then an in person half day interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you stepped out of your comfort zone   Answer Question

Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview, then in- person. The phone interview was pretty typical. The in- person interview took almost an hour and a half and the hiring manager really wants to get to know you, asking personal questions. Everyone who I came in contact with was very nice and seemed like they really liked their job,

Interview Question – Explain a time when you failed and what you did to make it better?   Answer Question

Cleveland, OH

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details – Varies based on each individual's situation

Interview Question – You are expected to be able to open up and share personal details   Answer Question

Worked for TEKsystems? Contribute to the Community!