TEKsystems Technical Recruiter Interview Questions

3.2

57 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Phone screen with regional recruiter. In-house interview with DBO (Director of Business Operations). Half-day job shadow interview with recruiters, AM's. Panel interview with 2 account managers. Pretty easy interviews however the panel was pretty grueling with them just trying to make you feel bad.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about the hardest time you've gone through in life and how you overcame it.   Answer Question
No negotiation. 30k base unless your in Cali or the East Coast.

Other Interview Reviews for TEKsystems

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems.

The interview process was awesome and very interactive. Initial phone screen is very basic. If you pass that you go onto a one on one with the DBO. He digs into your background but the questions are pretty basic. Next comes the fun part, a half day shadow in the office. This is still an interview so act accordingly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Contacted by a Recruiter, had a phone screening and then an in-person interview that lasted an hour and a half with the Sales Director. After this, I was brought in for a half-day interview where I met almost the entire office, had a panel interview where I had to role play, and went to lunch with two recruiters.

Interview Questions
    • "Why do you want an MBA?" and "When is the last time you did something nice for someone"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in April 2014.

I found the job posting online and emailed the recruiter who posted it. She responded almost immediately with plenty of literature on the company and the position. She called the next morning as well, so you won't be waiting around long to hear back. The phone conversation was largely behavioral questions. Tell me about a time you overcame adversity, a time you were most proud of yourself, a time when you accomplished something, tell me about a time when you accomplished a goal and how you did it, etc. But I would not recommend the position if you are not 100% about sales, or can't convey that strongly to an interviewer. You need to very clearly explain to them that you are competitive and a very driven salesperson and a team player (if in fact you are of course) and why. Be extremely confident throughout the whole interview, it's very important to them. Side note: It is an office job averaging 55 phone calls a day, and you don't leave your desk often.

Interview Questions
    • You like to build relationships and have great customer service skills in regards to sales, but why do you want to be in sales? (I thought that was as far as I would need to go)   View Answer

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at TEKsystems in April 2014.

Was called about setting up a phone interview the day after applying. The interviewer seemed more focused on my lack of extracurriculars in college than any of my skills. Within the interview I asked the exact details of the position, which included very long hours and spending breaks and after work dinners with clients. I realized at that point that I was not interested in the position. However, it did not matter. I was told they were conducting other interviews and would contact me within the next few days to tell me the outcome. I was never contacted.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be a recruiter? ( Be sure to have a thorough explanation of why you applied.)
      What 3 things motivate you?
        Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Contacted after applying online. Three phone interview, then an in person half day interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you stepped out of your comfort zone   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Had a phone interview, then in- person. The phone interview was pretty typical. The in- person interview took almost an hour and a half and the hiring manager really wants to get to know you, asking personal questions. Everyone who I came in contact with was very nice and seemed like they really liked their job,

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you failed and what you did to make it better?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Varies based on each individual's situation

Interview Questions
    • You are expected to be able to open up and share personal details   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Phone interview, Recruiter was 15 minutes late to call. Very rude on the phone, asked who I have been interviewing with and what offers I have received so far. Asked questions about what success meant to me and what my goals were. Was told my resume would be sent to a hiring manager, but I never heard anything back from either of them. Kinda Unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • All average questions, what motivates you to be successful, how would you define success.   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems.

The interview process was well-rounded, thorough and did a good job of "pulling back the curtains" on both the company and applicant.
    Interview 1 is with a regional recruiter by phone. This is the easiest, most basic interview, but your questions and answers to their questions will come up in future interviews. In this interview, it's not terribly difficult to qualify for the next step. They ask the important questions: where do you work, where have you worked, what degree do you have, and what questions do you have. The last part, what questions do you have, is important. Ask a lot of questions, because this is a great chance to get your first glimpse at the company.
    Interview 2 is with the Director of Business Operations - aka, the general manager of the office. He's in charge, and in my case, going to pick your personal and professional life apart. Keep in mind that this is a company that hires / recruits people for a living, so the DBO is going to be especially good at finding the truth. If you attempt to fake, lie or deviate from the truth as to who you are, what you've accomplished, and where you want to work is going to be blatantly obvious.
    Assuming you pass this step, which for me, was at least an hour and a half discussion of every position I've had, and as much about my personal life as the DBO could wring out of me, the third interview is a 1/2-day spent at the company office.
    Honestly, the 1/2-day is awesome - for both the company and applicant. You don't make it to this step without having a legitimate chance at employment. The idea behind the half-day is to give you the opportunity to 1) see how the office operates for half of a business day. You're there before 8AM to see their morning meeting, and spend time with each Account Manager (whom will one of be your direct supervisor), as well as a few Recruiters (whom will be your direct peers / colleagues). They will pitch this as an opportunity for you to see the company - open curtains, fully exposed. This is why I love the idea... you really have the opportunity to see how everyone functions. Sure, it's awkward because you're nervous and everything, but two things to keep in mind: in life, it's only awkward if you make it awkward, and 2, everyone else in the office has done their own 1/2-day, so they know what you're going through. The biggest thing to remember is to ask as many questions as possible. If you're reading this, you know well enough to look up common questions to ask in an interview, but you've already asked those in the first two interviews... so what do you ask? Ask about each individual's experience. Ask how they progressed, how they felt in their first 6, 12, 18, 24 months, ask how much money they make (seriously), ask how much money they made in their first year. Ask how quickly they were promoted, and how long the typical Recruiter is promoted. Also, and almost as important as asking how much money they make, ask them ABOUT THEMSELVES. This is going to open their questions as to who you are. Remember, as a recruiter, this is a people-business. Nobody works for Teksystems because they're IT-related, so the thing that will get you a job offer is your personality. Give each team-member (especially Account Managers) the opportunity to learn who YOU are. What makes David Swindell different from John Doe? They want to know.
    After the third interview (1/2-day), you may expect a job offer. You won't get it. There's a 4th interview, and that's a panel discussion. All of those Account Managers you had the opportunity to ask questions and shadow? They'll have their notes and will ask you all of the final questions that they didn't get a real answer to. If you brushed off a question in the 1/2-day, they'll ask again. If you made something unclear - i.e, your goals, they will figure those out. Be ready for repetitive questions, and if you lied in another portion of the interview, their notes will point that out.

Ultimately, they want you to close. You're applying for a sales position, so just getting away with the appropriate answer isn't going to cut it. They want to know who you are, where you're going and how you plan on getting there. They'd like to see you're a people-person -after all, you'll be dealing with people on a daily basis. If you know nothing about IT, that's not a problem in the least bit. Ideally, they want you to be money motivated, which is why the questions about how much they make and how much you can expect to make isn't a problem. Show them you want to make some money and they'll be willing to train you.

Interview Questions
    • Why?

They ask this with every answer you give, and it's meant to be a curve-ball. I've had plenty of experience and made enough decisions in my career. I don't always know the answer to those decisions, though. Maybe your career is based of gut-instinct, but when they ask you something like where do you want to be in 2, 5, 10 years, there's not a right or wrong answer. But when they ask why, there is.
        Answer Question

Teksystems is an incredible opportunity for you to make some money. It's also a great career-path, especially for recent graduates. Personally, I didn't find this opportunity to be my most exciting offer, nor was it the most lucrative. The offer I accepted was for less pay, but that's OK.

Worked for TEKsystems? Contribute to the Community!