TEKsystems

55 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Austin, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at TEKsystems in April 2011.

Interview Details – There were two phone screens and two in person interviews. One being a half day. All interviews were at least an thirty minutes long. Dress professionally when doing both in person interviews. That is an essential part of the process.

Interview Question – Life Story   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No your bottom line

Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in April 2014.

Interview Details – I found the job posting online and emailed the recruiter who posted it. She responded almost immediately with plenty of literature on the company and the position. She called the next morning as well, so you won't be waiting around long to hear back. The phone conversation was largely behavioral questions. Tell me about a time you overcame adversity, a time you were most proud of yourself, a time when you accomplished something, tell me about a time when you accomplished a goal and how you did it, etc. But I would not recommend the position if you are not 100% about sales, or can't convey that strongly to an interviewer. You need to very clearly explain to them that you are competitive and a very driven salesperson and a team player (if in fact you are of course) and why. Be extremely confident throughout the whole interview, it's very important to them. Side note: It is an office job averaging 55 phone calls a day, and you don't leave your desk often.

Interview Question – You like to build relationships and have great customer service skills in regards to sales, but why do you want to be in sales? (I thought that was as far as I would need to go)   View Answer

Technical Recruiter

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TEKsystems in April 2014.

Interview Details – Was called about setting up a phone interview the day after applying. The interviewer seemed more focused on my lack of extracurriculars in college than any of my skills. Within the interview I asked the exact details of the position, which included very long hours and spending breaks and after work dinners with clients. I realized at that point that I was not interested in the position. However, it did not matter. I was told they were conducting other interviews and would contact me within the next few days to tell me the outcome. I was never contacted.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be a recruiter? ( Be sure to have a thorough explanation of why you applied.)
What 3 things motivate you?
  Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details – Contacted by a Recruiter, had a phone screening and then an in-person interview that lasted an hour and a half with the Sales Director. After this, I was brought in for a half-day interview where I met almost the entire office, had a panel interview where I had to role play, and went to lunch with two recruiters.

Interview Question – "Why do you want an MBA?" and "When is the last time you did something nice for someone"   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at TEKsystems in November 2012.

Interview Details – TEKsystems is looking for people who want to eventually move into a sales role. Communicating that is essential for attaining the role. The process generally moves from phone screen with the internal, to onsite with the director of the office, to a half-day panel interview with recruiters and account managers from the office.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be in sales/what do you know about sales?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, all compensation is set in stone for entry level candidates. I have heard of other recruiters with industry experience being able to negotiate for a higher base.

Interviewed at TEKsystems

Interview Details – Contacted after applying online. Three phone interview, then an in person half day interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you stepped out of your comfort zone   Answer Question

Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview, then in- person. The phone interview was pretty typical. The in- person interview took almost an hour and a half and the hiring manager really wants to get to know you, asking personal questions. Everyone who I came in contact with was very nice and seemed like they really liked their job,

Interview Question – Explain a time when you failed and what you did to make it better?   Answer Question

Cleveland, OH

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details – Varies based on each individual's situation

Interview Question – You are expected to be able to open up and share personal details   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details – Phone interview, Recruiter was 15 minutes late to call. Very rude on the phone, asked who I have been interviewing with and what offers I have received so far. Asked questions about what success meant to me and what my goals were. Was told my resume would be sent to a hiring manager, but I never heard anything back from either of them. Kinda Unprofessional.

Interview Question – All average questions, what motivates you to be successful, how would you define success.   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied and sent my resume online and quickly heard back from a recruiter. Had a telephone interview with her where they dug into my background, previous places of employment, what went wrong at those previous jobs, my work ethic, etc. Be mindful that this is a staffing agency so they will dig deep into your background and will find out and verify everything. If you lie, they will find out as it is their job to weed out people who are not qualified for a position. I was given immediate feedback as to how I did and then we set a time for me to go to the office and meet/interview with the manager of the office in my city.

The interview with the manager of the office was pretty intense, but not unbearable. Majority of the questions had to do with my work ethic and the type of person I am. You could tell the goal was to not only find someone who would work hard but also someone who would fit in well with the employees who were already there (they are really big on the company culture and the office dynamic). The questions were tough but only because the typical/perfect answer was not accepted. I really had to dig deep and be honest with myself and the manager of the office. Again, I received immediate feedback and we set a time for me to come in for my panel interview.

The panel interview included 4-5 managers in a room and they each tag teamed asking questions. Most of the questions were ones that had already been asked by either the recruiter or the manager of the office. The key to this is making sure your answers are all consistent. It is important to be professional but also be yourself because one of these people could potentially be your direct supervisor. They informed me of what the next steps would be and let me know to be on the lookout for a call from the manager of the office. I received a call a day or so later that let me know what the managers thought of me and my interview. Once given that feedback we set up a time for me to come in for my half day interview.

The half day was laid back, but remember that it is still an interview. I started with a recruiter who showed me some of the tools I would be using if offered a position. I stayed with them until the morning meeting. It was very interesting to be able to be a fly on the wall and see exactly what a typical work day would consist of. Shortly after the meeting I had several mini interviews with different managers. It was weird because unlike the previous interviews I did not receive immediate feedback. Once all of the mini interviews were over I went to a one-on-one lunch with the manager of the office to debrief. We discussed how I think things went and what the next steps would be from there.

Shortly after I was called back by the manager of the office and offered a position.

Interview Question – What are some of your weaknesses, not including "I take on too much work" and "I don't know when to stop working"?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation but everything was reasonable so I didn't see the need for negotiation.

Worked for TEKsystems? Contribute to the Community!