TEKsystems Technical Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2015

3.2

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

They are looking for competitive, driven, motivated, and fun individuals to work for them. They will phone screen you then a one on one with the director followed by a lunch or dinner panel interview.

Interview Questions

• They ask questions to get to know who you are as a person and want to know what drives and motivates you. They expect you to be vulnerable with each other and really put everything out there.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TEKsystems

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

The initial interview was a phone screen with DBO. I was instructed to find a few recruiters who work for TEKsystems and call them to ask about the role, expectations, hardest part, easiest part, etc. After that was completed I called the DBO back and then an onsite interview with the DBO was scheduled. I also met with 4 Account Manager's. I did a 1/2 day, where I sat with a few different recruiters so I could see first hand what some of their day to day duties.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed. What motivates you? What is the hardest thing you have had to overcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online. Within a week or two I was contacted by a regional recruiter for a phone interview. The interview was pretty standard - tell me about yourself, are you competitive, why sales/recruiting, describe for me a time when, etc. I was moved to the second round of interviews in which I did a branch visit and panel interview with the branch manager and an account manager. They were very polite and engaging. Prior to the interview you fill out a background report with experience and they used that to guide the interview, which lasted about an hour and a half. Following the interview they said they would be in contact with me within the next week and if I didn't hear from them then I should call. Well, I didn't hear from them. I sent them both follow up thank you emails, only heard back from the ranch manager saying he would be in contact with me soon. Another week goes by, no word. I sent another email on a Thursday mornjng inquiring where they were I the process and that I was still very interested. No word back. I called on Monday, no answer. I called on Tuesday and finally got the branch manager who informed me that I interviews all and I was an ideal candidate, but they wee going with someone else. eexpernice

Interview Questions

• What makes you competitive? Give an example of teamwork? How do you communicate and deal with criticism?   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

Inappropriate. Phone interview, online assessment, in person panel interview, half day at office. They seem nice and like a great company but the questions I was asked were a good bit too personal for a job interview especially with someone that would be your future boss. Was asked what my parents do, what my significant other did, how long we had been together, personal hardships, who else I was interviewing with... along with many other questions like that... Wish I had asked how these questions pertained to the job I was interviewing for...

Interview Questions

• What do your parents do? Tell me your life story... What does your significant other do?   Answer Question

Did not want to work in a place that conducted such unprofessional interviews.. Turn over rate is 35%

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

WORST INTERVIEW EVER! The process consisted of three steps: Phone Interview, In person interview, and finally a half-day in the office. The phone interview was very nice and professional. When I can in for the in person interview, things seemed to go well at first. However, half way through the interview, my interviewer asked me to describe some character flaws that I have struggled with in the past. They spent the majority of the interview ripping me apart and looking for different faults in my character. They asked very uncomfortable questions about personal life and came across as very unprofessional. They asked me to come in for a half day after the interview and I accepted in spite of my better instincts. When I came in for the half day, other members of the management team grilled me about issues they assumed that I had. It was an overall negative experience in which the interviewers did everything possible to make other people around them feel small. Life is too short to work with people who treat others this way.

Interview Questions

• "I think people might have a hard time getting along with you. Why do you think that is?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at TEKsystems (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

A lot of very personal questions were asked during the interview. For example, I was asked what my parents did for a living. Many very personal questions were asked. I did not feel uncomfortable but a little overwhelmed with how much she wanted to know about me. This could be good or bad. Be careful how you answer questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone interview. Then moved on to a face to face with the Director of the office and an account manager. After that, they called my references. 2 hours later I received an offer. To the point and a very meaningful interview instead of asking the regular meaningless interview questions.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Was screened through an hour-long phone interview and a second on-site interview. On-site interview was odd because panel asked a lot of personal question like what my parents did for a living.

Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems (Falls Church, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online through my college job search. I was quickly contacted by a recruiter who was very friendly and personable, she told me about the position and really sold me. She then sent me the link to a personality test and past work history that took about two hours to complete. I was then contacted by a corporate recruiter with whom I set up my interview with for the following Friday. I traveled up to their headquarters Thursday night since I did not live in the area and was disappointed when I received a call at 9:30 pm the night before the interview because they had to cancel. We rescheduled for the following Friday and I returned and was interviewed by two people at the same time. The interview seemed like it went VERY well, I was very confident. I followed up with thank you emails to both of my interviewers and never heard from them again. Now 2 months later I am receiving calls from one of their recruiters who is trying to recruit me for an outside position, even though they did not even have the courtesy to send me an email saying I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Give me an overview of your entire life from the time you were born.   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

My interview experience with TEKsystems was great. It started with a phone interview after speaking with someone at a university career fair. After that, came the in person interview where I met with three people who each asked a good amount of questions. After that came a half (shadow) day where I got to meet many people from around the office. Everyone was very pleasant.