TEKsystems

Average Difficulty
57 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Very Difficult Interview

Austin, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at TEKsystems in April 2011.

Interview Details – There were two phone screens and two in person interviews. One being a half day. All interviews were at least an thirty minutes long. Dress professionally when doing both in person interviews. That is an essential part of the process.

Interview Question – Life Story   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No your bottom line

Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in November 2011.

Interview Details – Typical comes in two or three steps. 1. phone interview. 2. interview with DBO 3. panel interview/in-house

Interview Question – What is the greatest adversity you have faced and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Accept as-is.

Cleveland, OH

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details – Varies based on each individual's situation

Interview Question – You are expected to be able to open up and share personal details   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details – Contacted by a Recruiter, had a phone screening and then an in-person interview that lasted an hour and a half with the Sales Director. After this, I was brought in for a half-day interview where I met almost the entire office, had a panel interview where I had to role play, and went to lunch with two recruiters.

Interview Question – "Why do you want an MBA?" and "When is the last time you did something nice for someone"   Answer Question

Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at TEKsystems in October 2013.

Interview Details – Very thorough phone and in person interviews. After you "pass the test", you must complete a half-shadow day to see if you fit in well enough to be added to the team.

Interview Question – What was your biggest obstacle and what have you learned from it?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Took a better paying job with a competing firm in Toronto.

Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in September 2007.

Interview Details – Very group oriented, focused on interpersonal and character traits. No sugar coating, explained the Companies role and mission clearly. Very clear with both the advantages as well as potential challenges that come along with the industry. Crystal clear on work ethic expectations and comp plan, activity expectations. The interview included time to shadow other potential peers for half of the day, so then was free to inquire as to the real time "How to and What if" type of scenarios. Got the feeling that it was a real, honest, straight talking team type of environment, of which I hear in a Sales type of company, that is rarely the real deal. Very impressed with everyone that I met, at all levels.

Interview Questions

• What does diversity mean to you?   View Answer
  • Give an example of an accomplishment that you are most proud of..... more so how did you get yourself to that point of success?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating... entry level package deal

Fort Lauderdale, FL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in March 2009.

Interview Details – Fairly lengthy interview process. In addition to the features listed, you spend a half day shadowing 7 employees. By the end of the interview process you have met with at least 10 people in person, in group panel, and over the phone. They are very detailed, so be honest on the application/resume.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I received feedback from employees that the Work/Life balance was out of whack. You are asked to work almost 11 hour days for little money initially.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in November 2009.

Interview Details – I initially interviewed for the technical recruiter position after a career fair at my university. After the phone interview, i was asked to proceed with a second interview in the midwest. I asked about opportunities in New York and they mentioned that there were opportunities however i would have to pay for my own flight, hotel and all accommodations myself-which i did. 3 weeks later, i flew to New York on my own expense to interview for the position. I received immediate feedback that the interview went well however never EVER heard back after the interview.

Altogether, i was a terrible interview experience overall and i am quite unhappy that after all the money i spent to get there and get to the interview, i was never contacted again even after i followed up. I thought the interview went extremely well and i think it is just very poor morale to handle the interview in the manner that they did.

Technical Recruiter

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in November 2009.

Interview Details – Everyone was extremely friendly and insightful. The first interview is with the head of the office. The director basically fires like 20-25 questions at you from. why should we hire you to what motivates to become an excellent salesperson. Coming from a different industry its very important to connect the job traits that both jobs share.

Technical Recruiter

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in December 2010.

Interview Details – The process can be different depending on situation. However it usually consists of 1 phone interview, 1 personal interview with Director of Branch Operations, 2 panel interviews and a "pit sit" a shadowing phase.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase or pay for relocation.

Worked for TEKsystems? Contribute to the Community!