TEKsystems Technical Recruiter Interview Questions

3.2

59 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems in October 2012.

They first started by sending me an email telling me what my interest in the position and company were. They then emailed me back and scheduled a phone interview for about a week later. The interview basically consisted of different questions that had nothing to do with the position and mostly consisted of personal questions like why do i want to work at TEKsystems and what would make me a fit for the postion.

Other Interview Reviews for TEKsystems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at TEKsystems in September 2012.

I pursued Teksystems and met the DBO for coffee to discuss recruiting opportunities. The initial conversation went well and he invited me to spend a 1/2 day at their office - this consisted of having 1:1 interviews with another Recruiter and Account Manager. I spent the rest of the day "shadowing" recruiters in the "pit". The 1/2 day was a success. A week goes by and I get a call from the DBO that they'd like me to join their team and he sends me the offer letter shortly thereafter. Good news! My husband & I decide to celebrate that Friday night. As we are having our celebration dinner, I get a phone call from the DBO regretfully rescinding the offer because corporate did not approve his headcount. Great. He followed up with asking if I'd consider recruiting for a differentTeksystems office since they had an immediate opening and I would be a great fit. As a new grad with no other job opportunities lined up, I accepted. Apparently, I have to go through the interview process again.

Round 2: I arrive at the other Teksystems office 15 mins prior to my scheduled interview and waited an hour. When they were ready for me, I spent an hour with the DBO and Sr. Account Manager; followed by a 1/2 day with the recruiters (this was actually a good experience. I enjoyed seeing the recruiters in action and had a better idea of what the job entailed). They asked pretty generic questions: How did you hear about us? Why do you want to work for us? What is your 5 year goal and 10 year goal? How do you expect to achieve that? What would your former co-workers say about you? Have you been in a position where you did not see eye-to-eye with your manager? If so, how did you handle that situation?

All in all, I thought the interview was successful and was told to call the DBO in a week for an update. I called - left a message & sent follow up email. No answer. Week #2 - same thing, no answer. 1 month later, the DBO actually answered my phone call and told me they were still interviewing and a decision has not been made, but to check back again next week. I check in with them on a weekly basis and finally received a (legit) job offer ... a couple months later. (I later learned the DBO likes it when an applicant is aggressive). I accepted and had to relocate at my own expense. Salary was not negotiable. $30K + commission. They were proud of the fact that many recruiters & account managers make $100K+ after being there only a few years.

Update: I stayed with this company for several years and was also a "contest winner" during most of my tenure. They hire like-minded people. Very big on "cultural fit" and building strong personal relationships with co-workers -- some may refer to this as being "cult like". Also, the company's ethical practices may be questionable -- they really push you to "beat back" the consultant on their pay rate while pushing your client to pay higher market bill rates -- in an effort to drive up the "spread" -- i.e. profit for the office (this determines not only your own commission pay out, but also that of your DBO ... so you can imagine the motive here).

Conclusion: All in all, it was a good working experience for a new grad (new & naive). Honestly, I couldn't take the phony atmosphere and the "you gotta fake it to make it" mentality any longer. I made my six figures, gained some experience and met some good people, but ultimately I grew out of their culture. It wasn't for me any more. Thanks for the opportunity Tek, but thank goodness I've moved on.

Interview Questions
    • Have you been in a position where you did not see eye-to-eye with your manager? If so, how did you handle that situation?   Answer Question
    • What motivates you?   Answer Question
    No negotiation & relocate at my own expense. Apparently everyone starts out at $30K (later learned that this is not true as DBO has discretion to pay higher salary or "lock in" at a certain commission tier for 6 months or so). EVERYTHING with this company is subjective.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems in September 2012.

I applied for two locations: Sacramento, CA and San Jose, CA. Both of them went terrible: First with Sacramento location, I had a phone screen interview scheduled. The internal recruiter did not reach out to me until I called her myself first an HOUR later the interview was scheduled. She picked up and we had to reschedule. So I waited. When the second phone interview came around, she called me late again, IN the car while she was driving (I could totally hear the road wind). Asked me a couple questions regarding my previous experiences, and whether I was sales oriented. Then she asked me to write up a paragraph or so and email her about why I want to pursue this position and sales career. So I wrote up a paragraph and emailed her - no response. Called her, emailed her couple weeks later, no response.

So I applied to another branch in San Jose. Different recruiter this time and was on time for the phone interview. Asked me similar questions and couple personal questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at TEKsystems.

I got a call from an account manager who invited me for an onsite interview the following week

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems in March 2012.

3 step process beginning with a 30 minute phone interview with the Regional Recruiter. Asked basic introductory questions such as why you want to get into sales, etc. A week later was the 1 on1 interview with the DOB. This was much more in depth and asked personal questions as well as situational questions to gauge your personaltiy/ behavior. Finally, the last step was the half day at the office, where you spend time with each recruiter/ account manager individually as you get to know one another. You end the day with a panel interview followed by a lunch with an account managers as they grill you with you more questions about who you are, and how you will demonstrate your abilities in the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems in January 2012.

Aside from the usual phone interviews, the face-to-face interviews were not easy. This is due to TEKSystems being thorough in determining if you meet their requirements along with having a drive to do the job, recruit people. If you have anything on your resume or indicate something during the interview process about having other career path interests, then they will question your reason and potential for recruiting.

Interview Questions
    • Rather than a product or service, do you think you can sell people?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems in November 2011.

Typical comes in two or three steps. 1. phone interview. 2. interview with DBO 3. panel interview/in-house

Interview Questions
    • What is the greatest adversity you have faced and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question
    Accept as-is.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems in June 2011.

So they contacted me after seeing my Resume online and the HR recruiter convinced me to talk with the hiring manager even though I was against the "sales" part of the job. The manager was so unorganized and unreliable. After the interview, which was just a go-through-the-motions type interview, she told me to call back if i was interested. The only reason I liked the position was because I needed a job and this position required NO previous experience. So i called back and got the answering machine for about 4 days. It was long and drawn out. At the end of it all they didn't offer it to me because some other candidate had like 5+ years of experience. Don't advertise the job as entry level with no experience needed, if that is not the truth. I'm glad i didnt get the job though because the pay is average but I found out work week is like 60hours. I found a much better job now.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems in April 2011.

There were two phone screens and two in person interviews. One being a half day. All interviews were at least an thirty minutes long. Dress professionally when doing both in person interviews. That is an essential part of the process.

No your bottom line

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at TEKsystems in April 2011.

You will have a one on one with the director and sometimes another manager. If they like you then you will have a panel interview with other account managers. You will then job shadow for half a day and go to lunch with the director and maybe another recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself?   View Answer
    • What is your strength's and weaknesses? Give some examples of obstacles you have overcome.   View Answer
    There weren't any negotiation. If you try to negotiate with them they will shoot you down and possibly remove the job offer.