TEKsystems

Average Difficulty
57 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Richmond, VA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in June 2011.

Interview Details – So they contacted me after seeing my Resume online and the HR recruiter convinced me to talk with the hiring manager even though I was against the "sales" part of the job. The manager was so unorganized and unreliable. After the interview, which was just a go-through-the-motions type interview, she told me to call back if i was interested. The only reason I liked the position was because I needed a job and this position required NO previous experience. So i called back and got the answering machine for about 4 days. It was long and drawn out. At the end of it all they didn't offer it to me because some other candidate had like 5+ years of experience. Don't advertise the job as entry level with no experience needed, if that is not the truth. I'm glad i didnt get the job though because the pay is average but I found out work week is like 60hours. I found a much better job now.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in September 2010.

Interview Details – The interview with the Recruiter by phone was good. The 1:1 interview was with the Director of Business Operations. He kept telling me to call back, but never returned my calls. Then I received a pursuing other applicants letter, whatever. He could have told me that instead of the continuing to tell me to call back in two days.

Interview Question – Do you have any family members you look up to in sales?   Answer Question

Louisville, KY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TEKsystems in June 2010.

Interview Details – At first, the interview process was normal. I spoke to a recruiter from the company, and she set me up with a phone interview. After the phone interview, she set a date for me to come and meet the main guy at the office. I drove two hours for the interview, had a 1:1 chat with pretty basic questions. (Strength, weakness, motivations, etc) and then I had time to ask my questions. Afterward he said that he had another interview lined up for that week and I should be hearing back from him about coming in to do a job shadow with the current employees. He said he would get back to me by that Friday (I interviewed on a Tuesday). I got home, sent him a thank you note, and heard nothing on Friday. He emailed me after the weekend, "I will be out of town this week, along with the individuals who would be in charge of handling the next step. I'll get in contact with you next week." I said that sounds good, and I'll talk to you next week. It's been a month, and he hasn't contacted me (not even to give me a rejection notice). Very odd. I was disappointed with how they interacted on a professional level.

Interview Question – What qualities do you feel are necessary for someone in this position? Give examples.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in November 2009.

Interview Details – I initially interviewed for the technical recruiter position after a career fair at my university. After the phone interview, i was asked to proceed with a second interview in the midwest. I asked about opportunities in New York and they mentioned that there were opportunities however i would have to pay for my own flight, hotel and all accommodations myself-which i did. 3 weeks later, i flew to New York on my own expense to interview for the position. I received immediate feedback that the interview went well however never EVER heard back after the interview.

Altogether, i was a terrible interview experience overall and i am quite unhappy that after all the money i spent to get there and get to the interview, i was never contacted again even after i followed up. I thought the interview went extremely well and i think it is just very poor morale to handle the interview in the manner that they did.

Technical Recruiter

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in September 2009.

Interview Details – First round interview was face to face with the head of the office and that was a group interview with 2 technical recruiters. The third interview was shadowing the company for half a day. Overall experience was positive. Great team, good management, and most everyone seemed to be excited about working there.

Interview Question – What are your strengths?
Would you be opposed to moving to another office in the future?
  Answer Question

Fort Lauderdale, FL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in March 2009.

Interview Details – Fairly lengthy interview process. In addition to the features listed, you spend a half day shadowing 7 employees. By the end of the interview process you have met with at least 10 people in person, in group panel, and over the phone. They are very detailed, so be honest on the application/resume.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I received feedback from employees that the Work/Life balance was out of whack. You are asked to work almost 11 hour days for little money initially.

Overland Park, KS

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in August 2008.

Interview Details – Phone conversation and two face to face with Senior people before half day of shadowing.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for TEKsystems?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Simple and straight forward.

Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in September 2007.

Interview Details – Very group oriented, focused on interpersonal and character traits. No sugar coating, explained the Companies role and mission clearly. Very clear with both the advantages as well as potential challenges that come along with the industry. Crystal clear on work ethic expectations and comp plan, activity expectations. The interview included time to shadow other potential peers for half of the day, so then was free to inquire as to the real time "How to and What if" type of scenarios. Got the feeling that it was a real, honest, straight talking team type of environment, of which I hear in a Sales type of company, that is rarely the real deal. Very impressed with everyone that I met, at all levels.

Interview Questions

• What does diversity mean to you?   View Answer
  • Give an example of an accomplishment that you are most proud of..... more so how did you get yourself to that point of success?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating... entry level package deal

Technical Recruiter

I applied online and interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview Details – Started with a phone interview, pretty standard stuff, not too hard. Was forwarded to an in-person interview the next week with a branch manager. Also fairly standard with some of the same questions, but he was a little intense and really tried to delve into my answers. Definitely some "off-script" moments.

Interview Question – If I c alled your friend and/or old boss, what would they say is the best/worst thing about you? Similar to strengths/weakness question but framed differently.   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter

I applied through college or university - interviewed at TEKsystems in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the Sourcing Specialist position through Ryerson University. However, I got an interview for the Technical Recruiter instead because they had already hired someone internally for the Sourcing Specialist.

I got a reply within the week I applied. I had a phone interview that goes over the basics of the position and they really wanted to know more about me and if I fit within the organization.

Interview Question – Why do you want a career in sales?   Answer Question