TEKsystems

Updated Jan 28, 2015

3.2

70 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems in March 2011.

Very poor organization of the phone interview. It felt more like a sales call than an actual interview that was supposed to analyze me. I wasn't really asked any questions about my previous experience nor was I really tested on anything. Not a good opportunity.

Interview Questions
  • What was the most difficult part of your life.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for TEKsystems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at TEKsystems in December 2010.

Easy interview process, about an hour-long call with the internal recruiter, an hour-long call with the DBO, and half-day interview with various team members.

Interview Questions
    Pretty standard offer, very little room for negoitation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems in September 2010.

The interview with the Recruiter by phone was good. The 1:1 interview was with the Director of Business Operations. He kept telling me to call back, but never returned my calls. Then I received a pursuing other applicants letter, whatever. He could have told me that instead of the continuing to tell me to call back in two days.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any family members you look up to in sales?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at TEKsystems in June 2010.

At first, the interview process was normal. I spoke to a recruiter from the company, and she set me up with a phone interview. After the phone interview, she set a date for me to come and meet the main guy at the office. I drove two hours for the interview, had a 1:1 chat with pretty basic questions. (Strength, weakness, motivations, etc) and then I had time to ask my questions. Afterward he said that he had another interview lined up for that week and I should be hearing back from him about coming in to do a job shadow with the current employees. He said he would get back to me by that Friday (I interviewed on a Tuesday). I got home, sent him a thank you note, and heard nothing on Friday. He emailed me after the weekend, "I will be out of town this week, along with the individuals who would be in charge of handling the next step. I'll get in contact with you next week." I said that sounds good, and I'll talk to you next week. It's been a month, and he hasn't contacted me (not even to give me a rejection notice). Very odd. I was disappointed with how they interacted on a professional level.

Interview Questions
    • What qualities do you feel are necessary for someone in this position? Give examples.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems in November 2009.

I initially interviewed for the technical recruiter position after a career fair at my university. After the phone interview, i was asked to proceed with a second interview in the midwest. I asked about opportunities in New York and they mentioned that there were opportunities however i would have to pay for my own flight, hotel and all accommodations myself-which i did. 3 weeks later, i flew to New York on my own expense to interview for the position. I received immediate feedback that the interview went well however never EVER heard back after the interview.

Altogether, i was a terrible interview experience overall and i am quite unhappy that after all the money i spent to get there and get to the interview, i was never contacted again even after i followed up. I thought the interview went extremely well and i think it is just very poor morale to handle the interview in the manner that they did.

Technical Recruiter Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems in September 2009.

First round interview was face to face with the head of the office and that was a group interview with 2 technical recruiters. The third interview was shadowing the company for half a day. Overall experience was positive. Great team, good management, and most everyone seemed to be excited about working there.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths?
      Would you be opposed to moving to another office in the future?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems in March 2009.

Fairly lengthy interview process. In addition to the features listed, you spend a half day shadowing 7 employees. By the end of the interview process you have met with at least 10 people in person, in group panel, and over the phone. They are very detailed, so be honest on the application/resume.

Interview Questions

I received feedback from employees that the Work/Life balance was out of whack. You are asked to work almost 11 hour days for little money initially.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems in August 2008.

Phone conversation and two face to face with Senior people before half day of shadowing.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for TEKsystems?   View Answer
    Simple and straight forward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems in September 2007.

Very group oriented, focused on interpersonal and character traits. No sugar coating, explained the Companies role and mission clearly. Very clear with both the advantages as well as potential challenges that come along with the industry. Crystal clear on work ethic expectations and comp plan, activity expectations. The interview included time to shadow other potential peers for half of the day, so then was free to inquire as to the real time "How to and What if" type of scenarios. Got the feeling that it was a real, honest, straight talking team type of environment, of which I hear in a Sales type of company, that is rarely the real deal. Very impressed with everyone that I met, at all levels.

Interview Questions
    • What does diversity mean to you?   View Answer
    • Give an example of an accomplishment that you are most proud of..... more so how did you get yourself to that point of success?   View Answer
    No negotiating... entry level package deal

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TEKsystems.

Started with a phone interview. Standard questions - Why do you want to be in sales? Why do you want to work for the company? Was told I would hear back then next day which I did. I got a face to face interview with the DOB. Interviewer was late which was understandable....the DOB was busy. He had a pages of questions and started with High School - Biggest challenge, good/bad influence, if I worked. Moved onto similar questions in University and then work experience. He wrote down answers and pretty much kept to the questions on the page. Was told I would hear back early next week. I didn't hear back until mid week and only because I emailed them.

Interview Questions
    • Being asked about my experiences in High School which was over 10 years ago.   Answer Question