TEKsystems Technical Recruiter Interview Questions & Reviews

57 interviews

3.2

57 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Ottawa, ON (Canada)
Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 months - interviewed at TEKsystems in October 2013.

Very thorough phone and in person interviews. After you "pass the test", you must complete a half-shadow day to see if you fit in well enough to be added to the team.

Interview Questions
  • What was your biggest obstacle and what have you learned from it?   Answer Question

Took a better paying job with a competing firm in Toronto.

Other Interview Reviews for TEKsystems

Technical Recruiter Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Very personal. Get to know yourself before interivewing.

Technical Recruiter Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at TEKsystems in June 2013.

The hiring process included a phone interview followed by a panel interview and half day of shadowing. The interviewer was on time with calling and the phone interview questions were pretty basic. They look for people very motivated and competitive. From the questions they ask, you can better gauge if you are suited for this position.

Technical Recruiter Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Process began with a 45 minute phone interview with your basic interview questions; strengths, weaknesses, why a career in sales, etc. Next was an in person interview with the Branch Director, lasted about 30 minutes - similar questions, went over cv again. Later that week they scheduled a "half day" shadow; came in at 745am, sat down with several different recruiters and account managers, discussing their day to day duties, ended with a panel interview with two account managers; asked redundant questions again, actual account manager was a French guy from Paris, very pompous and rude, seemed over-satisfied with himself, kind of a complete douche. Overall the process was long and every stage was repetitive and unnecessary. Very evident hierarchy in the office, two account managers from Paris, pretty narcissistic individuals to say the least. Out of the dozen or so recruiters there, only one seemed to be making any kind of money from commission, the others were making the base 37k, working from 745-530 minimum/day, monday-friday.

Technical Recruiter Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Very detailed process. First, there is a phone interview, followed by two very extensive face to face interviews. One of those being a half day interview meeting with numerous people. You almost feel like they are training you and you have the job in the bag.

Interview Questions
    • What was the hardest thing you have done in your life? How would your friends describe you?   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Started with a meet and greet, followed by a panel interview with three account managers where you are grilled with behavioral questions, many of which you must back up with specific examples.. A week later was invited to a half day interview with other account managers, and to shadow senior recruiters to get a feel for the job. That concluded with lunch with the Director of the office. Received an offer one week later.

The interview process was not based on experience, but rather cultural fit. They are looking for diligent, competitive, energetic salesmen. You have to fit in with their group dynamic and culture and have to be looking for a future in sales.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you failed and what you learned from it.
      Describe a time when you incorporated diversity.
        Answer Question
    No negotiation. You start at 30K and are compensated on commission. This is a sales driven company and most employees are compensated likewise. However, you are informed of the top performers who make six figures with only a few years under their belt.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in August 2012.

Phase 1 : HR and HR questions, typical stuff. Why Tek, why recruiting, etc

Phase 2: 1 on 1 interview with branch director. This was rather taxing and the branch manager asked some rather unpleasant questions (where were your parents born and what do they do) and "Where else are you applying?"

Questions like "Monetary compensation or status compensation?"
    "What do you think is the most important skill to have?"

Phase 3: Shadow day
    You will spend a morning shadowing the office and having a 1 on 1 talk with everyone there.
    Some of the employees will ask some questions like in phase 2. Ask questions here

Technical Recruiter Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems.

Initial phone interview was with the corporate recruiter. 2nd interview was with 2 senior Account Executives. 3rd interview was with the office Director of Business Operations and 5 mini interviews with different people in the office at their desks. The questions do get redundant and some interviewers are more amicable than others- which is expected.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. Everyone has a base salary plus cost of living allowance plus commission

Technical Recruiter Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at TEKsystems in September 2010.

I got contact via email through the director to come in for an interview. When I arrived to the office, there was no one in the front desk as I waited one of the account managers came in and let the administrator know I was there. I was interviewed by the director and account manager. The interview lasted for 2hours, asked about my experience and explained what TEK is. Basic interview nothing out of the ordinary.

Technical Recruiter Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TEKsystems in June 2011.

I applied on line then received a call from a recruiter. Next was the one on one with the Branch Manager which was basic behavioral questions. At the end of this interview, he set up a group panel interview with two managers. We discussed my goals, my motivations, successes etc. I went in the back to observe the day to day tasks.

everything was moving quickly until my reference check which took an entire week to get a hold of my old team lead. After that, the branch manager asked me to lunch and made an offer.

no negotiation. the base pay was set at 30k