1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TEKsystems in January 2010.

Initially received very enthusiastic response from them, took tech eval, did in person, and they were still very enthusiastic. Went and did in person with the client, which went well. TEK was told it was between me and someone else and all of a sudden they were not so hot to talk to me (went from about 5 calls a day to one every other day). I know they are basically sales people, but it was a little wrong feeling. I got the offer for the job, once again they were very excited. Job changed from 6 month to perm to one year renewable contract, I am not sure if they were misleading me intentionally or just did not have the facts right, either way that was discouraging.

Interview Questions

i received and offer for a direct hire which was above and beyond what TEK could have gotten me, especially since it included benefits and was not a contract position. I was also put off by the lack of technical knowledge in the technical recruiters. If you are gonna sell BMW's know what the autobahn is...