TELUS

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Scarborough, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at TELUS.

Interview Details – Had an phone interview with HR then was scheduled for an interview with the manager and a senior analyst. Also had a phone interview a few weeks later with the VP.

Interview Question – Entire interview with manager and senior analyst was behavioural. They each had a package of which they would read off and ask you questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Took too long to get back to me. From when I first talked to HR to when I got the offer, took four months. Structure is too rigid to get anything done quickly. I also had a better offer elsewhere.

Business Analyst I

The process took a day - interviewed at TELUS in October 2010.

Interview Details – Very nice people. Extremely positive atmosphere with great communication and passion being demonstrated by interviewers. Very friendly. However, don't let that positive atmosphere fool you. They know what they are looking for and are very serious about qualifications. I felt like my interview went very well (I had other interviews to compare to), yet was rejected. Be sure to prepare solid and specific/well rounded examples of times you demonstrated the specific skills they are looking for, because they will not tell you in advance. Other companies seem to screen/probe into qualifications and skills in earlier stages (phone interviews, cover letter/resumes, online assessments) then use the face to face to assess your communication and passion, however Telus seemed to assess interest and passion with the phone interview, and dive into specific skills and experience in the face to face.

Interview Question – Give me an example of a time you leaned out a process or implemented a change and walk me through what happened.   View Answer

Business Analyst I

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at TELUS in November 2007.

Interview Details – Brief phone interview, in-person meeting with two team members, large group meeting with entire team and 6 potential candidates. Put into groups of 3, asked to analyze and present case on business problem and solution. We have about 30 minutes to prepare a power point presentation in which we split up sections for presentation. This was then critiqued by the manager and other team members.

Interview Question – How do you deal with users that are reluctant to share knowledge of processes and information?   Answer Question

Worked for TELUS? Contribute to the Community!