TELUS Business Analyst II Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2015

2.0

Business Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at TELUS (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

I was first approached by the HR of the purchasing department for an initial screening interview. After a week or two i was asked to see the hiring manager. The interview lasted for a little over an hour. Post the interview, i was told that they are not in a hurry to fill up this position and will be looking at many candidates to find the right match, however at that point in time i was still in their consideration list. For almost 3 - 4 months, it went all quite even though i had dropped in a followup mail to the HR person enquiring about what to expect next. I was again asked to see the manager who interviewed me first. Unfortunately, the manager wanted to make her interview notes all over again since earlier ones were not with her and it was since sometime that i had last met!!!! Again the interview lasted for about an hour and i was told that a second interview with a director would be scheduled. A month passed and there was no response hence i decided to drop in a followup mail with the HR. after a week or two of doing that, i get a mail from the manager with a thank you mail for applying etc etc. in brief i was cut out of the hiring process. Well, the reason i applied at Telus was because of my understanding that it was a great company and supposedly more agile however the interview process gave me another view! Given my experience, I was way over qualified for the position however being new in this country i was ready to settle for a jr role such that i had the chance to prove my worthiness and then go up the ranks! In anycase, the people whom i interacted with were nice.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for TELUS

Business Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Initial phone screening. One in person interview with the hiring manager. Call back for clarifications over the phone. Second in-person interview to meet future potential colleagues and client. Call back for clarifications over the phone (II). Offer process over the phone and in-person (for ID checks). The hiring manager was always late for the in-person interviews. Panel interview was poorly organized. Participants had no idea who i was, were not informed in advance and were not given my CV ahead of time. On the phone interviews, it was easy to tell that they were doing something else at the same time and not really focussing on the interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very haphazard. No overall theme to the questions   Answer Question

Business Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TELUS.

Interview

First I met the Telus team at the University's Telus open evening. I made a good impression and managed to exchange business cards and learn people's names. Then I got a call and invite for an interview. Initial interview for 60 minutes. Then after passing this interview I was asked to come for a second interview and this time give a presentation for a business case.

Interview Questions

• If you were given more time, how would you improve your business solution (for the case study)?   Answer Question

Business Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2010.

Interview

Very organised and straight-forward