TELUS Business Analyst Interview Questions

3.3

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

I had a contact in the company who gave me a referral for a position. They called me to schedule an interview about a week after that and booked an interview for the end of the month. The interview was one on one in person, it was pretty straightforward.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for TELUS

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TELUS.

Interview

It is a 30 minutes interview that I spoke with the Hiring Manager. He introduced about his team and what will be the main responsibilities and then asked me to go through my background. The questions are quite normal, such as asking your career goal in next 5 years, your experience in business analysis. But since the role is a bit technical, requiring SQL knowledge to get large amount of data for system, which I did not use it before. I thought I won't be getting into the next round when phone call ended. But I did receive an email 2 hours later, for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing very difficult. All normal questions   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TELUS (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Took almost a month between the first interview and the offer of the role but this was during the summer period; it was nonetheless hard to wait between each step in the process wondering if you made it through the next round.

3 interview in total. First and second interview were with managers and third interview was with a director. I found the interviews to be straightforward but the Business Case in my opinion was the most challenging bc not only did you have an hour to complete the business case, but immediately after you finish the case, you need to go through your answers with the analysts/manager. Since the job posting did not specifically ask for previous experience, I was expecting a Business Case that focused more on testing general business acumen... but i was wrong. The business case actually comes straight out of your day to day activity.

Interview Questions

• in my opinion, Business Case was the most difficult part of the process   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TELUS.

Interview

I was just interviewed by the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage when there are multiple tasks assigned to you?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at TELUS (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Coop opportunity as a business analyst, project manager
    phone interview screening,
    another phone interview with the manager

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TELUS (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2011.

Interview

Phone interview (~30 min) followed up by a panel of interviewees that took 1 hour. The panel consisted of 4 individuals. Then followed up final offer for the job.

Interview Questions

• If you were the CEO of a company, what would be the 3 pillars that you will build your company on?   2 Answers

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TELUS in January 2010.

Interview

Phone interview with the manager, together with a senior team member. Was asked some general and typical interview questions, nothing too outstanding over all. The idea is to gain interaction from both sides.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at TELUS (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2009.

Interview

3 Rounds, first was a basic phone interview, second was an in-person behavioural, and the 3rd was a case interview (given 2 hours to analyze a harvard case, then 20 minute presentation + Q&A). First sound had simple questions just on why the company, behavioural questions, and about future plans. Second round had a market size, as well as typical leadership, teamwork, etc questions. And final round was a marketing/strategy focused case to really just see analytical skills.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.