TELUS

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at TELUS.

Interview Details – It is a 30 minutes interview that I spoke with the Hiring Manager. He introduced about his team and what will be the main responsibilities and then asked me to go through my background. The questions are quite normal, such as asking your career goal in next 5 years, your experience in business analysis. But since the role is a bit technical, requiring SQL knowledge to get large amount of data for system, which I did not use it before. I thought I won't be getting into the next round when phone call ended. But I did receive an email 2 hours later, for an in-person interview.

Interview Question – Nothing very difficult. All normal questions   View Answer

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TELUS.

Interview Details – Took almost a month between the first interview and the offer of the role but this was during the summer period; it was nonetheless hard to wait between each step in the process wondering if you made it through the next round.

3 interview in total. First and second interview were with managers and third interview was with a director. I found the interviews to be straightforward but the Business Case in my opinion was the most challenging bc not only did you have an hour to complete the business case, but immediately after you finish the case, you need to go through your answers with the analysts/manager. Since the job posting did not specifically ask for previous experience, I was expecting a Business Case that focused more on testing general business acumen... but i was wrong. The business case actually comes straight out of your day to day activity.

Interview Question – in my opinion, Business Case was the most difficult part of the process   Answer Question

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TELUS.

Interview Details – I was just interviewed by the hiring manager.

Interview Question – How do you manage when there are multiple tasks assigned to you?   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and interviewed at TELUS.

Interview Details – Coop opportunity as a business analyst, project manager
phone interview screening,
another phone interview with the manager

Interview Question – What are your three main strength?   Answer Question

Business Analyst

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at TELUS in January 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview with the manager, together with a senior team member. Was asked some general and typical interview questions, nothing too outstanding over all. The idea is to gain interaction from both sides.

Interview Question – What's your strength?   Answer Question

Vancouver, BC (Canada)

The process took a day - interviewed at TELUS in November 2009.

Interview Details – 3 Rounds, first was a basic phone interview, second was an in-person behavioural, and the 3rd was a case interview (given 2 hours to analyze a harvard case, then 20 minute presentation + Q&A). First sound had simple questions just on why the company, behavioural questions, and about future plans. Second round had a market size, as well as typical leadership, teamwork, etc questions. And final round was a marketing/strategy focused case to really just see analytical skills.

Interview Question – How many snowmobiles are there in Canada?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at TELUS

Worked for TELUS? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TELUS Business Analyst interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by TELUS employees and interview candidates.