TELUS Interview Questions in Calgary, AB

Updated Jun 6, 2014

3.6

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at TELUS in May 2014.

online assessments and then phone interview and then person to person interview. phone interview was easy but person to person was not so easy. the last interview was behavioural based interview. asking details about my past experiences. gave me a scenario and test my behaviour

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at TELUS in June 2010.

Very formal - Technical questionnaire, panel behavioural interview, PowerPoint presentation, security backcheck that can take weeks, before they provide offer

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time you had conflict with your manager, or a colleague.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at TELUS in January 2014.

I applied on the Internet ,I was called back next day to get a date for the first interview.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked only two questions that are,Tell me about yourself? And, why should we hire you?   View Answer

Design Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at TELUS in September 2011.

Interview was a friendly atmosphere, panel of 3 people on the team, detailed questions to gauge experience levels

Interview Questions
    • In depth routing questions about involving various routing protocols   Answer Question
    Honest and straight forward, non-confrontational

Network Planning Manager (I)- Co-op Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TELUS in April 2013.

I applied for this job via Taleo, which the jobs database that Telus currently uses. The job caught my attention through my university's Co-op database which redirected me to Taleo. The interview in particular was quite general, so to speak there were a few technical questions. Mostly, situational and behavioural in nature. All in all I would say it was a good experience but I would have prefered it to be face to face, since telephone's can be a hindrance of expressing oneself. But regardless it was a really experience.

Manager, Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at TELUS.

Phone Screen, Behavioural Interview, and Case.

Interview Questions
    • How many Rollerskates exist in North America?   View Answer
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at TELUS in April 2008.

Many questions and written exams prior to offer

Design Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TELUS in February 2012.

Interviewed with Manager and a team member. Was given documents of a design exercise to prepare for the interview but not required to complete. Instead asked to reflect on a tool, system or process that I needed to design. Plus asked general questions on past work experience and lots of behavioral questions. Interview lasted an hour and a half. A week or so later received Predictive index survey to complete.

Interview Questions
    • Reflect on a tool , system or process that you needed to design.   Answer Question

Co-op Student - Customer Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TELUS in February 2011.

A few days after applying for a Co-op student position, TELUS contacted all eligible students with a list of possible positions available across Canada. You had to pick your top 3, ranging from locations across Canada, different business units, and a 4 or 8 month term. After the decision it took a week to get an email from TELUS regarding the interview and time. Mine was in a TELUS office, because I am located in a city where there is one. The interview was entirely behaviour based and was conducted via a conference call with the recruiter, and face-to-face with the hiring manager. Two weeks later I was sent background check forms, and another week after that the offer was sent.

Interview Questions
    • How many text messages are sent every day in Canada, and walk us through your thought process to get this answer.   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had to be creative.   Answer Question
    • What can you tell us about TELUS as a company?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you tried something and failed. What did you learn?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you worked in a changing environment.   Answer Question

Worked for TELUS? Contribute to the Community!