TELUS

Updated Jan 21, 2015

3.1

123 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Product Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TELUS.

1) Firstly you are going to get a telephonic HR round, in which they ask pretty basic questions about why do you want to join Telus, What are your short term and long term plans, salary expectations etc.
    2) Case Study is the most tricky round. You must nail it in order to get to the interview round. One interview happens immediately after the case study. The cases are either from Harvard, Ivey or any other good college, or a live case.
    3) 1 or 2 interview rounds depending upon number of applications

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TELUS in January 2015.

It started out with a online application, about a week after the application I received a call from the recruitment staff of Telus. She conducted the phone interview which took about 20 minutes. It was a fairly straight forward interview with simple questions like "Why Telus?" or "How would you deal with a frustrated customer?" After all was said and done she setup an in person interview with the store manager which would happen in 2 days. The in person interview was very casual in nature and essential we just went over situational questions that were based on their BAR system (Background, Action and Result). The manager then went over company policy and some of the perks of the job (Unreal phone plan, Unlimited nationwide calling +6gb data for ~$15). After that she got copies of my id's and said that I may hear back from her about a background check which meant I was in the top 2 for the job. Got an email the next day to complete a background check. After that was complete it took about 5 days and then the manager called to offer a job. All around great interviewing experience.

Interview Questions
    • They were all very straight forward situational questions   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TELUS.

Contacted only 1week after submitting my resume. No phone interview, it was a panel interview with 2 managers, then one personality/skills test. The written test was composed of a variety of multiple choice behavioural questions as well as math testing skills. it was a very personable and down to earth interview with 2 very intelligent and likeable managers. They were more interested in how I would react or deal with difficult customers in different scenarios and circumstances.The managers there seem very likeable and easy to get along with.TELUS is a very well structured and managed company. It has a very good work/family life balance.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't one. The wage per hour was very good, as well as the benefits, they started immediately on day one, and you'd get incremental wage increases every few months after you've worked there a year. It was a great experience.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TELUS.

I've interviewed with Telus at least thrice now and while the experience hasn't been unpleasant (too strong a word), it hasn't been fruitful either. all 3 roles were at individual contributor level. The first time was a joke. The hiring manager wasn't present for the interview and the guy who did interview me made a token attempt. the second time was a better experience. I was at the case + behavioral stage when i was offered my current job with another company. I spoke to the hiring manager at Telus who was a really positive person and he advised i don't lose a bird in hand for the one in the air. he didn't end up filling that role for 6 months so i'm glad i didn't wait. However I'm interviewing with them again so let's see how this round goes.

Design Specialist I Interview

Sat down with the employer. They asked me multiple questions and a few analytical questions. Mostly to figure out what my thought process was. The questions they asked were basic interview questions and the analytical question was how can we move Mount Fuji. Which tricked me at first but I responded.

Marketing Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TELUS.

1)Phone screen behavioural
    2)In person Behavioural
    3)In personal management consulting-style case

Very helpful and friendly recruiting team led by the new grads, who also engage you throughout the process to see if you have any concerns. You even get a recruitment buddy who you can meet with before your final round interview.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer questions about the telecom industry and what challenges face TELUS at present and in the future.   Answer Question

Implementation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at TELUS.

Two 1-1 interviews, once with the recruiter and once with the Telus hiring manager. Telus manager was very nice and comfortable to sit. Looking for keenness (later in his words - "in a good way"). This is a big, big company with lots opt silos so demonstrating you can deal with (process) ambiguity and not get stumped...that you can navigate through a huge organization and not get lost (my biggest challenge was going from very small company to mega-sized Telus)...is important. You need to show that within such a big company you can make the critical connections and relationships throughout the organization that will make you successful. The company with a huge front-line staff (union or not union operational folks) like Telus the the onus is on you (as manger or other) to make the front-line relationships work for you. While you may like to think you know what's going, the guy buried in the company basement probably knows more about the his business than you do - being open to and leveraging this knowledge can make you stand out and can be to your real advantage.

non negotiable rate offered

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at TELUS in November 2014.

Phone interview asking simple questions about your customer service skills and values, followed by an in person interview, followed by a background check and reference check done by backcheck. The whole process took about a week, and I was offered a position. The 1 on 1 interview was more like a conversation to see if I would fit into the culture of Telus

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you told a customer wrong information? What would people say about their customer experience when you serve them?   Answer Question

Engineer-In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at TELUS in November 2014.

There are 3 rounds of interview for this GELP program. The first round is phone interview and it is half technical and half behavioural based on the work and school. The second round is case presentation where a topic is given: innovative services or products for TELUS, and the case interview is with some other candidates (3-4 people) as well as hiring managers and current engineer-in training employees (5-6 people). Candidates are responsible of asking and answering questions within the time. The third round is a panel interview of 3 hiring managers, where technical and behavioural questions are asked based on your resume. Although, the questions were not very difficult... I was a little panic and went blank in the middle, but I still answered most questions nicely. Which results in a background check consent and unofficial offer now (Official offer will arrive when background check is done with passed).

Interview Questions
    • How did you resolve a conflict when you are in disagreement with someone from outside of your team.
      Tell me about one time your opinion is in conflict with other co workers and it was not accepted in the end.
      Explain the technical concept you learnt at your previous work experience and tell it to someone who does not have this background.

Answer Question

Graduate Engineering Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TELUS.

Had a telephone interview with someone from HR for about 30 min.

Questions were about my past experience, and also about the company. Common interview questions like “What are your strengths?" or "Tell me about a time you had to be creative".... The first round is mostly the "Fit Interview" looking for someone creative, smart and with great interpersonal skills.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you think you are going to be after your next 5 years   Answer Question