TELUS

3.1

120 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TELUS.

I've interviewed with Telus at least thrice now and while the experience hasn't been unpleasant (too strong a word), it hasn't been fruitful either. all 3 roles were at individual contributor level. The first time was a joke. The hiring manager wasn't present for the interview and the guy who did interview me made a token attempt. the second time was a better experience. I was at the case + behavioral stage when i was offered my current job with another company. I spoke to the hiring manager at Telus who was a really positive person and he advised i don't lose a bird in hand for the one in the air. he didn't end up filling that role for 6 months so i'm glad i didn't wait. However I'm interviewing with them again so let's see how this round goes.

Design Specialist I Interview

Sat down with the employer. They asked me multiple questions and a few analytical questions. Mostly to figure out what my thought process was. The questions they asked were basic interview questions and the analytical question was how can we move Mount Fuji. Which tricked me at first but I responded.

Marketing Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TELUS.

1)Phone screen behavioural
    2)In person Behavioural
    3)In personal management consulting-style case

Very helpful and friendly recruiting team led by the new grads, who also engage you throughout the process to see if you have any concerns. You even get a recruitment buddy who you can meet with before your final round interview.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer questions about the telecom industry and what challenges face TELUS at present and in the future.   Answer Question

Implementation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at TELUS.

Two 1-1 interviews, once with the recruiter and once with the Telus hiring manager. Telus manager was very nice and comfortable to sit. Looking for keenness (later in his words - "in a good way"). This is a big, big company with lots opt silos so demonstrating you can deal with (process) ambiguity and not get stumped...that you can navigate through a huge organization and not get lost (my biggest challenge was going from very small company to mega-sized Telus)...is important. You need to show that within such a big company you can make the critical connections and relationships throughout the organization that will make you successful. The company with a huge front-line staff (union or not union operational folks) like Telus the the onus is on you (as manger or other) to make the front-line relationships work for you. While you may like to think you know what's going, the guy buried in the company basement probably knows more about the his business than you do - being open to and leveraging this knowledge can make you stand out and can be to your real advantage.

non negotiable rate offered

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at TELUS in November 2014.

Phone interview asking simple questions about your customer service skills and values, followed by an in person interview, followed by a background check and reference check done by backcheck. The whole process took about a week, and I was offered a position. The 1 on 1 interview was more like a conversation to see if I would fit into the culture of Telus

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you told a customer wrong information? What would people say about their customer experience when you serve them?   Answer Question

Engineer-In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at TELUS in November 2014.

There are 3 rounds of interview for this GELP program. The first round is phone interview and it is half technical and half behavioural based on the work and school. The second round is case presentation where a topic is given: innovative services or products for TELUS, and the case interview is with some other candidates (3-4 people) as well as hiring managers and current engineer-in training employees (5-6 people). Candidates are responsible of asking and answering questions within the time. The third round is a panel interview of 3 hiring managers, where technical and behavioural questions are asked based on your resume. Although, the questions were not very difficult... I was a little panic and went blank in the middle, but I still answered most questions nicely. Which results in a background check consent and unofficial offer now (Official offer will arrive when background check is done with passed).

Interview Questions
    • How did you resolve a conflict when you are in disagreement with someone from outside of your team.
      Tell me about one time your opinion is in conflict with other co workers and it was not accepted in the end.
      Explain the technical concept you learnt at your previous work experience and tell it to someone who does not have this background.

Answer Question

Graduate Engineering Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TELUS.

Had a telephone interview with someone from HR for about 30 min.

Questions were about my past experience, and also about the company. Common interview questions like “What are your strengths?" or "Tell me about a time you had to be creative".... The first round is mostly the "Fit Interview" looking for someone creative, smart and with great interpersonal skills.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you think you are going to be after your next 5 years   Answer Question

Marketing Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at TELUS in October 2014.

The first round of interviews takes place on-campus in October, and it consists of two 45-minute parts: behavioural interview and case interview, each with a different interviewer. The behavioural interview is pretty standard. The case interview is trickier; the case is given verbally, and the candidate must walk through his/her thought process with the interviewer. The interviewer will likely redirect the candidate if he/she starts to go off track.

The second round of interviews takes place at the office a week after the first round. The structure is the same as the first, but with different interviewers.

TELUS contacts the candidates by telephone to let them know whether or not they have made it through a few days after each interview round.

Interview Questions
    • The case is the most difficult part of the interview. You have to verbalize your thought process, ask for additional information, and make assumptions as needed. It will likely include a mathematical element as well (e.g., percentages, adding, etc.). Bring some paper and pens to your interview. Prior to the interview, I recommend reading books and watching videos on YouTube about case interviews to familiarize yourself with how to approach cases.   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

I applied online – interviewed at TELUS in October 2014.

Two persons interview me, the whole process is friendly and no question is unexpected. introduce yourself, company background, intern experience, general question, two technology question. I don't know the result yet.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of TELUS technology progress and your opinion about it.   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TELUS.

I applied online and was contacted relatively quickly for a phone interview. The first round phone interview was a very standard behavioural interview - tell me about a time you've had to work with a difficult person etc. A few other questions were asked such as "what motivates you?" and "what was the last business book you read?"

The second round was in the office and it was a 1 hour long case interview. This is really aimed at seeing your thinking process. It had one general business acumen related quantitative portion and a more strategy oriented portion.