TELUS

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TELUS in May 2013.

Interview Details – I initially filled out my application online and was rejected via email. About 2 weeks after the rejection I received a call letting me know that many people were unfairly rejected from the system and that I needed to complete the next steps in the application process and wait to schedule an interview. Once I schedule the interview, I discovered it was a group interview and was with 8 other people for my interview as well as managers that currently worked for Netflix. They did not ask the typical interview questions which made it fun and more relaxed, but also really made you think.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions but the two that stood out the most to me were "what song describes your life?" and a scenario about an unhappy customer and how I would resolve the situation.   Answer Question

Las Vegas, NV

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at TELUS.

Interview Details – They hired through various temporary services. I took an assessment first for my temp agency and then one for Telus. A few days later I was called for a group interview. Very informal and fun with a fake funny scenario.

Interview Question – The scenario is usually something silly like "My refrigerator stopped working what are you going to do about it?" And you can say anything literally like "okay take a sock and rub it all over and that should fix the issue." It doesn't matter. Its fun and you can say whatever to make it right. Its basically an interview to test your personality and see if you're a good fit.   View Answer

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at TELUS in May 2014.

Interview Details – online assessments and then phone interview and then person to person interview. phone interview was easy but person to person was not so easy. the last interview was behavioural based interview. asking details about my past experiences. gave me a scenario and test my behaviour

Interview Question – How can I handle customer's complaints.   Answer Question

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at TELUS in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied on the Internet ,I was called back next day to get a date for the first interview.

Interview Question – I was asked only two questions that are,Tell me about yourself? And, why should we hire you?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and interviewed at TELUS.

Interview Details – easy interview questions nothing difficult at all
where do you see yourself in five years
what are your qualifications

Interview Question – what are your weaknesses   Answer Question

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at TELUS in April 2008.

Interview Details – Many questions and written exams prior to offer

Interview Question – To draw pictures of environment and of yourself.   Answer Question

Customer Services Representative Interview

Customer Services Representative
Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TELUS in September 2008.

Interview Details – Phone Interview, Computer and typing Skill test, First and Second interview. Usually there are 3 manager which forms the interview panel for interview. The questions are pretty standards. Management is friendly.

Interview Question – What is your view to the Telus Culture>   Answer Question

Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TELUS in January 2008.

Interview Details – Applied online, was asked to come in to take some computer tests to measure various skills, attended 1-on-1 interview, was offered position.

Negotiation Details – Entry-level position: Fixed wages, negotiation not an option.

Vancouver, BC (Canada)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TELUS in January 2007.

Interview Details – Probably one of the most comprehensive interview process I have ever gone through. Start by taking a general skills test with other potential candidates for various positions in Telus. Then you agree to a background check. Then you take what I think was an IQ test :) Then interview with managers that you will be working for. Got a phone offer the same day of the final interview. In hindsight, I should have taken this job.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Telus expects a lot of you and a lot of flexability in the number of hours worked and the locations. I just couldn't risk the varying work hours at the time. However, I later realized that if you shine, Telus promotes rapidly.

Worked for TELUS? Contribute to the Community!