Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at TELUS
- Customer Service Representative (11)
- Business Analyst (8)
- Marketing Manager (5)
- Senior Business Analyst (5)
- Customer Services Representative (5)
- Technical Support (4)
- Business Analyst I (4)
- Business Analyst II (4)
- Customer Care Representative (3)
- TLDP (3)
- Technology Leadership Development Program (3)
- Engineer (3)
- Customer Systems Engineer (3)
- Sales Representative (3)
- Design Specialist (3)
- Director (3)
- Senior Sales Specialist (2)
- Project Manager (2)
- Project Manager I (2)
- Programmer Analyst (2)
- Co-Op (2)
- QA Analyst (2)
- Client Care Representative (2)
- Business Consultant (2)
- Technology Architect (2)
- Marketing Specialist (2)
- Account Manager (2)
- Network Specialist II (2)
- Network Technician (2)
- Product Manager (2)
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TELUS.
You'll need to go to their TALEO powered Careers website to fill in a fairly detailed profile even if they know you already. Uploading your Resume helps fill in a lot of the information. From there you will need to attach that profile to the actual job posting and connect the two together. HR will screen you at first and answer any high level questions you have. Get to know TELUS before you apply and certainly before the interviews. Read their Financials, Annual reports and try and meet other TELUS people. After everything - there will be a Panel interview: Your hiring manager and a number of your peers or potential colleagues. You will be asked to do a 10 minute presentation (do NOT go over!) and this will be followed by Q&A. If your position is technically oriented the questions will veer that way. If it is more leadership oriented then expect the questions to be more Managerial. If you can get past the panel interview you will be asked to supply references and go through a Police background check (all TELUS employees need to pass this criminal record check).
- The interview questions need to show practical real-world examples. Do not use theoretical answers: They want to see what YOU would do from your own real experience. Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for TELUS
Director InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at TELUS (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).
Long process - behavioural assessment, priority setting evaluation, presentation of accomplishments & qualifiactions, panel interview/role playing.
- How will you deal with an ethnic slur by a Client on one of your employees? Answer Question
Less than a week. Limited in flexibility.
Director InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TELUS (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2009.
Very disrespectful and intimidating approach by senior leader
- Why have you changed jobs Answer Question