TELUS

Very Easy Interview

Technical Support Interview

Technical Support
Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TELUS in May 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty lame, stupid questions. Get hired on only if they like the person, the test they give for technical support positions appeared to be written by someone in grade 3 with little knowledge but as I found out that's how they fill the seats here and give jobs offshore that should go to Canadians.

Interview Question – How to tie shoe laces was most weird   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – What negotiations

Graduate Engineer Program Interview

Graduate Engineer Program
Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at TELUS in January 2011.

Interview Details – - Job posting closed back in September 2011
- Phone interview took place November 2011
- Face to face interview took place January 2012
- 10 minute presentation: SWOT analysis of TELUS

Interview Question – Explain network switching protocols   Answer Question

Project Management Interview

Project Management
Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at TELUS in March 2012.

Interview Details – Jobs are pre-determined by networking for internal postings, everything else is optics to maintain appearances for HRDC. Internal applications formally submitted are never responded to. Positions Director level and above are never posted.

Not sure what else to say, if you work hard, brown nose well, don't' expect any pay increases, or stock options, and willing to work 60-80 hours a week for 40 hrs pay - mention it in the interview, you'll probably get the job

Interview Questions

• What will you do to make me look good?   Answer Question
  • We're a family, a famigilia. Do you understand what that means? Will you abide by the unwritten rules of my famiglia? I the the head of the famiglia...   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The Director quite frankly only wanted people who would be sycophants and make him look good.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Customer Care Representative
Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TELUS in January 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for the Customer Care Representative position with Telus on thier website online. The next morning I got an email saying my resume was being reviewed. The day after that I got an email saying they liked my resume and invited me to attend a pre-employment assessment which was 1 week later. After the assessment (which you get to do from home on your own computer but at a specific time that they request), I got a call saying they would contact me in a few weeks with results.The test had mock call cetre scenarios and you have to chose the best resolution, typing tests, IQ tests, personality tests ect. They give you like 2 hrs but it took mw 1hr and 15min. I was contacted 2 days later and now I had to do a quick phone interview with the HR person from Telus. They asked why I left my previous job, why I wanted to work for Telus ect. Then they said I was invited to a 1;1 interview. I was asked to bring 2 pieces of ID and 2 business references. So I went to my interview and she said it will be about an hr long. She asked me Qs while writing all my answers down on paper. She did not ask me for my references or my ID there. She asked why telus, how do you imagine a day at work here, tell her about a time when I was stressed at work, give an example of a time when I couldnt help a customer, how would I tell if a customer is unhappy on the phone, do I have direct sales experience, what do I think Ill be doing at telus, where do I think Ill be in the company in 3 years, give her an example of when I was overcame a bad situation at work, then I had to read this mock story about an angry customer and she will ask me questions about it, she said 5 but she only asked 3. I was asked what was the best company I worked for and what was a company that made me unhappy to work for and why. After the interview she said the recruitment team goes over everything and they get back to me within 2 weeks regardless. I just had the interview this morning so Im waiting.

Interview Questions

• Geez she asked 5 in 1 and I have a bad memory and she kept re-asking things I missed for example- What company were you working for when a stressful situation arose, what was that situation, what did you do, how was the outcome.....omg   View Answer
  • Why do I have a 4 month period of work missing when my last job ended.   View Answer

Customer Systems Engineer Interview

Customer Systems Engineer
Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at TELUS in May 2008.

Interview Details – I was an internal employee already, looking for a change of location and role. Talked with VPs in the area of interest, who had their directors call me to discuss plans and interests. A position was coming available so I applied for it and was subsequently interviewed by video conference and then in-person for a second interview which included both presentation and behavioural components. Tough questions related to the presentation, lots of objection handling and the like - as would be expected for this type of position. Nothing unexpected, really, other than the fact that it was not discussed that there would be tough questions, etc. Again, they were expected so no big deal.

Interview Question – Cost savings aside, how will your solution improve the overall productivity of my organization?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Because the salary bands are more or less established, I was able to negotiate on the fact that I was coming in with a good base of skills and experience so I ended up in the middle of the band (rather than the bottom).

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for TELUS? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TELUS interview questions and advice in Edmonton, AB. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by TELUS employees and interview candidates.