TELUS International Philippines

TELUS International Philippines Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TELUS International Philippines (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2013.

Interview

Initially, I went through a temp agency, although I think the company has since moved from from that method of hiring. I was told by the recruiter than the company had a very similar culture to that of what Google and Zappos is known for...which I tried so badly to institute something similar at my previous company for years. I went to my first interview with TELUS directly, and one question I made sure to be quite specific about asking was, "What is the average incentive a tenured agent makes per month?" and was told $400-$500. With my sales background, I assumed I would easily make $750/month in incentive alone, which was a driving factor to taking the job. This, however, is not true. The most EVER paid incentive was $240. I'd say the average agent makes less than $50 a month. If you're recommended for hire, you need to go through an FBI fingerprint background check along with the standard drug test. If you have nothing to worry about GREAT! If you do, though, the background check will not come back for six to eight weeks, but they may still hire you on, and then let you go. In my class alone, I believe we lost three people after a twelve week training.

Interview Questions

• "What would you do if you didn't get this job?"   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation...none. Don't even try.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cubao (Philippines)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TELUS International Philippines (Cubao (Philippines)) in September 2014.

Interview

The company offers a two-day hiring process almost every week day. The hiring process has four stages; ADS (applicant data sheet) and resume submission, Interview, Examination (written and typing), and Contract Signing. 1.) You have to fill out an applicant data sheet first and submit it together with your resume then wait for you to get called for the interview. 2.) The interview is a simple-introduce-yourself interview. The interviewer asks a few questions about yourself and what's written on your resume (so you better know what you're placing on your resume). The trick to the job interview is just to be yourself. Be confident about what you're saying and make sure that you know what you're saying because the interviewer often asks follow-up questions. The interviewer will immediately tell you if you passed or flunked the interview. 3.) After passing the interview a written examination will be given to test your customer-service skills as well as your written-English skills. You also have to have an average word-per-minute typing score of 25 for a voiced account and 40 for a chat account. The aforementioned stages will take place on the first day of the hiring process. The next and last stage is the contract signing stage. 4.) The HR employees will now provide you all the necessary documents for you to start immediately with the training (Pag-Ibig, Phil Health, SSS, Health Card, Life Insurances, and a payroll account) Sometimes they offer signing bonus so you have to ask the HR employees if they are offering at the moment. After completing all the stages - Congratulations! You're finally an employee of TELUS International Philippines!

Technology Manager Interview

Interview

This is the process for the ITO Department. HR Interview --> SME Interview (Panel Interview) --> Manager Interview --> Client Manager Interview (Canadian)

Interview Questions

• Mostly related to the skills, prepare to review your specialty skills like JAVA, UNIX, SQL, etc.   Answer Question

Developer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasig City (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TELUS International Philippines (Pasig City (Philippines)) in May 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was fast for me. it was done in 2 weeks! Probably an urgent need. The HR recruiter was very nice and friendly and put me at ease at once. Interview went well, it was about my background and job experiences. Next was the technical interview which was by phone. Mostly it was explanation of concepts to test my understanding. Interviewer was very kind. Then next was with the Director who asked mostly behavioral questions. Like what would you do if your were in a certain situation. Since mostly it went well, I got an offer after a few days!

Interview Questions

• The hardest question for me would be when I was asked about something I failed at and why it happened. It is difficult to show your weak side in an interview without worrying that it would put you in a bad light. But I just tried to emphasize how I fixed things and what I learned from it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I made my asking to the amount that I would be happy with and good thing they were willing to offer it. So I didn't really negotiate much anymore. I guess the lesson I learned from previous job searches is to always ask for an amount that you'll be happy without it being unreasonably high, knowing the industry standard would help. Or better yet, know the amount you'll be happy with and add some more so you have more room for negotiating.

Technical Support Representatives Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cubao (Philippines)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TELUS International Philippines (Cubao (Philippines)) in November 2011.

Interview

Submission of resume initial interview and exam typing skill practice assesstment final interviewlegal documents and a lot more with regards to the interview

Non Voice Tsr Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TELUS International Philippines in May 2011.

Interview

In initial interview they will ask you . " 2 - 5YEAR FROM NOW where did you see your self "

Interview Questions

• 2 - 5 yrs from now where did you see your self ?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasig City (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TELUS International Philippines (Pasig City (Philippines)) in March 2011.

Interview

First, there an initial interview and then you will be asked to take a written exam and computer based exam. If you passed these exams, you will have another one on one interview from the human resources team. And after that, they evaluate your exams' grades and your recent interviews. Once you have a good points from these, you will be asked to go back for another final written exams regarding with the account you will be put in. And once you passed that exam, next will be your Job offer and Contract signing.

Interview Questions

• The difficult questions I had during my written exams were the information regarding the account it self, since I don't usually play those games ( which is the account itself )   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was simple and easy. With the Salary negotiation, they only have one offer for every employee they hired for that account. And since the account and job itself it so easy. The offer is fine with me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taguig (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TELUS International Philippines (Taguig (Philippines)) in February 2010.

Interview

Applied online. did some computer and multitasking exam. if you do well then you proceed on the next interview, and if you pass then you get another interview and if you pass again there is the last interview with a manager. Pretty easy if u have a call center experience but out of the 100 applicants who applied only 3 people were selected and i'm lucky to be one of the 3.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

wasn't able to negotiate. 14k fix salary

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taguig (Philippines)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TELUS International Philippines (Taguig (Philippines)) in September 2008.

Interview

Referred by a friend. The following day called me up by the staff of IT team and advised that was chosen 1:1 interview by the manager. After the interviewed by the manager, the following day was scheduled by the interview of VP. Then after 2-3days, offer.

Interview Questions

• what drives you to enter into this field   1 Answer
    • technical and behavioral questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

they will give you an offer higher that you expected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taguig (Philippines)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TELUS International Philippines (Taguig (Philippines)) in July 2008.

Interview

Panel Interview would really get you nervous.

Negotiation

Better compensatipn especially for the phone load.