TELUS

Updated Dec 11, 2014

3.1

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TELUS in October 2014.

Can be an extended application process with multiple online assessments that you will have to complete online. Personality test is also included and seems to be very effective considering the very laid back atmosphere of this call center. After two months of waiting and two over the phone interviews, I was called in for an in person interview after totaling about 20 mins. I was hired the same day, given drug test and new hire paperwork. It is also a plainclothes interview although I was unaware until I got there. Overall a very pleasant experience

Interview Questions
    • As with most interviews, the most difficult question is what is your greatest weakness   View Answer
    No negotiation, standard starting hourly for all new hires. Chance for a $1 increase in overall hourly after probation period. Good starting pay for a call center nowadays.

Universal Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at TELUS in October 2014.

Went to a job fair and was emailed the assessment. Took it the same day, then received an email with another assessment. A few days after that, I received an email that they were focusing on other candidates. Then, a few days after that, I received a phone call asking me about my background, and was advised that I would receive another assessment. The email for this assessment advised that this was the final step. Checked the status for my application a few days later and my status said Passed Assessment. A couple weeks later, received an email telling me that I had passed all assessments and I would be contacted within 2 weeks to speak to hiring managers. Received the call that same day and was scheduled for that Monday. Interviewed and received a call 2 days later with the offer. Start on 11/6.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of scenario based questions, which should not be too difficult coming from a customer service background. Also, a few questions to judge tech savviness.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at TELUS in May 2013.

I initially filled out my application online and was rejected via email. About 2 weeks after the rejection I received a call letting me know that many people were unfairly rejected from the system and that I needed to complete the next steps in the application process and wait to schedule an interview. Once I schedule the interview, I discovered it was a group interview and was with 8 other people for my interview as well as managers that currently worked for Netflix. They did not ask the typical interview questions which made it fun and more relaxed, but also really made you think.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions but the two that stood out the most to me were "what song describes your life?" and a scenario about an unhappy customer and how I would resolve the situation.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at TELUS.

They hired through various temporary services. I took an assessment first for my temp agency and then one for Telus. A few days later I was called for a group interview. Very informal and fun with a fake funny scenario.

Interview Questions
    • The scenario is usually something silly like "My refrigerator stopped working what are you going to do about it?" And you can say anything literally like "okay take a sock and rub it all over and that should fix the issue." It doesn't matter. Its fun and you can say whatever to make it right. Its basically an interview to test your personality and see if you're a good fit.   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at TELUS in September 2011.

Typical interview process with general questions, plus online customer service quiz on PC with upselling and ability to multitask. Interview process was conducted by Cornerstone Staffing.

Interview Questions
    • No abnormal questions asked throughout interview process.   View Answer
    • Computer assessment.   View Answer
    No negotiation involved, very unorganized method of benefits and payment info. Information of wage was an approximate never given an exact wage. While training went on, wage information was questioned several times and always given a poor response by HR and supervisor.

Client Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at TELUS in March 2011.

I started with preliminary contact at the staffing agency. I filled out my information and they asked if I wanted to interview in person at the Telus facility. I accepted, but first they had me give fingerprints and submit to a drug test in anticipation of me being hired. I made my way to the office where I initially took a skills test on the computers in the HR department and then interviewed with a nice man who asked me a lot of questions and made sure I was a right fit for the culture of the business. I felt really good about it. Not long after I left the parking lot, my agency called my and said I had gotten the job!

Interview Questions
    • I dont really remember anyone question being more difficult than the others. They mostly consisted of standard, "what would you do if..." and "tell me a time when.. " type questions.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TELUS.

I've interviewed with Telus at least thrice now and while the experience hasn't been unpleasant (too strong a word), it hasn't been fruitful either. all 3 roles were at individual contributor level. The first time was a joke. The hiring manager wasn't present for the interview and the guy who did interview me made a token attempt. the second time was a better experience. I was at the case + behavioral stage when i was offered my current job with another company. I spoke to the hiring manager at Telus who was a really positive person and he advised i don't lose a bird in hand for the one in the air. he didn't end up filling that role for 6 months so i'm glad i didn't wait. However I'm interviewing with them again so let's see how this round goes.

Design Specialist I Interview

Sat down with the employer. They asked me multiple questions and a few analytical questions. Mostly to figure out what my thought process was. The questions they asked were basic interview questions and the analytical question was how can we move Mount Fuji. Which tricked me at first but I responded.

Marketing Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TELUS.

1)Phone screen behavioural
    2)In person Behavioural
    3)In personal management consulting-style case

Very helpful and friendly recruiting team led by the new grads, who also engage you throughout the process to see if you have any concerns. You even get a recruitment buddy who you can meet with before your final round interview.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer questions about the telecom industry and what challenges face TELUS at present and in the future.   Answer Question

Implementation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at TELUS.

Two 1-1 interviews, once with the recruiter and once with the Telus hiring manager. Telus manager was very nice and comfortable to sit. Looking for keenness (later in his words - "in a good way"). This is a big, big company with lots opt silos so demonstrating you can deal with (process) ambiguity and not get stumped...that you can navigate through a huge organization and not get lost (my biggest challenge was going from very small company to mega-sized Telus)...is important. You need to show that within such a big company you can make the critical connections and relationships throughout the organization that will make you successful. The company with a huge front-line staff (union or not union operational folks) like Telus the the onus is on you (as manger or other) to make the front-line relationships work for you. While you may like to think you know what's going, the guy buried in the company basement probably knows more about the his business than you do - being open to and leveraging this knowledge can make you stand out and can be to your real advantage.

non negotiable rate offered