TELUS Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2015

3.1

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TELUS (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2014.

Interview

Can be an extended application process with multiple online assessments that you will have to complete online. Personality test is also included and seems to be very effective considering the very laid back atmosphere of this call center. After two months of waiting and two over the phone interviews, I was called in for an in person interview after totaling about 20 mins. I was hired the same day, given drug test and new hire paperwork. It is also a plainclothes interview although I was unaware until I got there. Overall a very pleasant experience

Interview Questions

• As with most interviews, the most difficult question is what is your greatest weakness   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, standard starting hourly for all new hires. Chance for a $1 increase in overall hourly after probation period. Good starting pay for a call center nowadays.

Universal Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at TELUS (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2014.

Interview

Went to a job fair and was emailed the assessment. Took it the same day, then received an email with another assessment. A few days after that, I received an email that they were focusing on other candidates. Then, a few days after that, I received a phone call asking me about my background, and was advised that I would receive another assessment. The email for this assessment advised that this was the final step. Checked the status for my application a few days later and my status said Passed Assessment. A couple weeks later, received an email telling me that I had passed all assessments and I would be contacted within 2 weeks to speak to hiring managers. Received the call that same day and was scheduled for that Monday. Interviewed and received a call 2 days later with the offer. Start on 11/6.

Interview Questions

• A lot of scenario based questions, which should not be too difficult coming from a customer service background. Also, a few questions to judge tech savviness.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TELUS in October 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by email to schedule a phone interview. Interview lasted around 30 minutes, standard questions (nothing technical). why do you want to work for Telus (talk about what makes them special). Second round was to prepare a presentation to prepare in front of a panel and other candidates. A new idea or service that would help Telus stand out. then a third round where they asked behavioural and few technical questions. Didn't hear anything back post third round.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at TELUS in May 2013.

Interview

I initially filled out my application online and was rejected via email. About 2 weeks after the rejection I received a call letting me know that many people were unfairly rejected from the system and that I needed to complete the next steps in the application process and wait to schedule an interview. Once I schedule the interview, I discovered it was a group interview and was with 8 other people for my interview as well as managers that currently worked for Netflix. They did not ask the typical interview questions which made it fun and more relaxed, but also really made you think.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions but the two that stood out the most to me were "what song describes your life?" and a scenario about an unhappy customer and how I would resolve the situation.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at TELUS (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

They hired through various temporary services. I took an assessment first for my temp agency and then one for Telus. A few days later I was called for a group interview. Very informal and fun with a fake funny scenario.

Interview Questions

• The scenario is usually something silly like "My refrigerator stopped working what are you going to do about it?" And you can say anything literally like "okay take a sock and rub it all over and that should fix the issue." It doesn't matter. Its fun and you can say whatever to make it right. Its basically an interview to test your personality and see if you're a good fit.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at TELUS (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2011.

Interview

Typical interview process with general questions, plus online customer service quiz on PC with upselling and ability to multitask. Interview process was conducted by Cornerstone Staffing.

Interview Questions

• No abnormal questions asked throughout interview process.   1 Answer
    • Computer assessment.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation involved, very unorganized method of benefits and payment info. Information of wage was an approximate never given an exact wage. While training went on, wage information was questioned several times and always given a poor response by HR and supervisor.

Client Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at TELUS (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2011.

Interview

I started with preliminary contact at the staffing agency. I filled out my information and they asked if I wanted to interview in person at the Telus facility. I accepted, but first they had me give fingerprints and submit to a drug test in anticipation of me being hired. I made my way to the office where I initially took a skills test on the computers in the HR department and then interviewed with a nice man who asked me a lot of questions and made sure I was a right fit for the culture of the business. I felt really good about it. Not long after I left the parking lot, my agency called my and said I had gotten the job!

Interview Questions

• I dont really remember anyone question being more difficult than the others. They mostly consisted of standard, "what would you do if..." and "tell me a time when.. " type questions.   Answer Question

Project Manager I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at TELUS.

Interview

Applied online via an internal posting from the school I graduated from.

Was called in for an interview.

The interview process began with the Hiring Manager explaining the position, followed by some general questions regarding my experience.

A team member was brought in to assess my knowledge and if I would excel within their current team dynamic.

Basic scenario based questions followed and I was confident by the conclusion of the interview that I would be made an offer.

Interview Questions

• If you were coordinating with two separate contractors, in different time zones and you couldn't get a hold of one regarding a critical decision, how would you prioritize your next steps?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Network Specialist II Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at TELUS.

Interview

Phone interview to gauge personality and to see if you are a match for the role. Then an in-person interview with a hireing manager asking scenario questions, a technical shell scripting test, a programming test and finally a mock email written to a customer about an unfortunate situation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Telus?   Answer Question
    • A time that you failed to acomplish something.   Answer Question
    • Create a program to tell the user if a given sequence of integers and characters is a palindrome.   Answer Question

Coop Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at TELUS.

Interview

First of all, I applied online. Then after one week HR told me I was chosen by a team leader to have the interview.
    The team leader was really friendly and provided a comfortable atmosphere.