TELUS Interview Questions

Updated Mar 5, 2015
Updated Mar 5, 2015

3.1

Business Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at TELUS.

Initial phone screening.
    One in person interview with the hiring manager.
    Call back for clarifications over the phone.
    Second in-person interview to meet future potential colleagues and client.
    Call back for clarifications over the phone (II).
    Offer process over the phone and in-person (for ID checks).

The hiring manager was always late for the in-person interviews. Panel interview was poorly organized. Participants had no idea who i was, were not informed in advance and were not given my CV ahead of time.
    On the phone interviews, it was easy to tell that they were doing something else at the same time and not really focussing on the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very haphazard. No overall theme to the questions   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TELUS.

The initial contact was a phone interview. The questions they asked were brain teasers and had no real right answer so it was clearly just to test how one thinks.

Business Analyst II Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TELUS.

First I met the Telus team at the University's Telus open evening. I made a good impression and managed to exchange business cards and learn people's names. Then I got a call and invite for an interview. Initial interview for 60 minutes. Then after passing this interview I was asked to come for a second interview and this time give a presentation for a business case.

Interview Questions
    • If you were given more time, how would you improve your business solution (for the case study)?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TELUS.

1) Firstly you are going to get a telephonic HR round, in which they ask pretty basic questions about why do you want to join Telus, What are your short term and long term plans, salary expectations etc.
    2) Case Study is the most tricky round. You must nail it in order to get to the interview round. One interview happens immediately after the case study. The cases are either from Harvard, Ivey or any other good college, or a live case.
    3) 1 or 2 interview rounds depending upon number of applications

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TELUS in January 2015.

It started out with a online application, about a week after the application I received a call from the recruitment staff of Telus. She conducted the phone interview which took about 20 minutes. It was a fairly straight forward interview with simple questions like "Why Telus?" or "How would you deal with a frustrated customer?" After all was said and done she setup an in person interview with the store manager which would happen in 2 days. The in person interview was very casual in nature and essential we just went over situational questions that were based on their BAR system (Background, Action and Result). The manager then went over company policy and some of the perks of the job (Unreal phone plan, Unlimited nationwide calling +6gb data for ~$15). After that she got copies of my id's and said that I may hear back from her about a background check which meant I was in the top 2 for the job. Got an email the next day to complete a background check. After that was complete it took about 5 days and then the manager called to offer a job. All around great interviewing experience.

Interview Questions
    • They were all very straight forward situational questions   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at TELUS in January 2015.

Through recruitment agency it took 2 months to set up the interview and finally got a call from telus. Qa lead and manager very gracious and excited to know more about you and your project

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TELUS.

Contacted only 1week after submitting my resume. No phone interview, it was a panel interview with 2 managers, then one personality/skills test. The written test was composed of a variety of multiple choice behavioural questions as well as math testing skills. it was a very personable and down to earth interview with 2 very intelligent and likeable managers. They were more interested in how I would react or deal with difficult customers in different scenarios and circumstances.The managers there seem very likeable and easy to get along with.TELUS is a very well structured and managed company. It has a very good work/family life balance.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't one. The wage per hour was very good, as well as the benefits, they started immediately on day one, and you'd get incremental wage increases every few months after you've worked there a year. It was a great experience.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TELUS.

I've interviewed with Telus at least thrice now and while the experience hasn't been unpleasant (too strong a word), it hasn't been fruitful either. all 3 roles were at individual contributor level. The first time was a joke. The hiring manager wasn't present for the interview and the guy who did interview me made a token attempt. the second time was a better experience. I was at the case + behavioral stage when i was offered my current job with another company. I spoke to the hiring manager at Telus who was a really positive person and he advised i don't lose a bird in hand for the one in the air. he didn't end up filling that role for 6 months so i'm glad i didn't wait. However I'm interviewing with them again so let's see how this round goes.

Design Specialist I Interview

Sat down with the employer. They asked me multiple questions and a few analytical questions. Mostly to figure out what my thought process was. The questions they asked were basic interview questions and the analytical question was how can we move Mount Fuji. Which tricked me at first but I responded.

Implementation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at TELUS.

Two 1-1 interviews, once with the recruiter and once with the Telus hiring manager. Telus manager was very nice and comfortable to sit. Looking for keenness (later in his words - "in a good way"). This is a big, big company with lots opt silos so demonstrating you can deal with (process) ambiguity and not get stumped...that you can navigate through a huge organization and not get lost (my biggest challenge was going from very small company to mega-sized Telus)...is important. You need to show that within such a big company you can make the critical connections and relationships throughout the organization that will make you successful. The company with a huge front-line staff (union or not union operational folks) like Telus the the onus is on you (as manger or other) to make the front-line relationships work for you. While you may like to think you know what's going, the guy buried in the company basement probably knows more about the his business than you do - being open to and leveraging this knowledge can make you stand out and can be to your real advantage.

non negotiable rate offered