TELUS

135 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TELUS in May 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty lame, stupid questions. Get hired on only if they like the person, the test they give for technical support positions appeared to be written by someone in grade 3 with little knowledge but as I found out that's how they fill the seats here and give jobs offshore that should go to Canadians.

Interview Question – How to tie shoe laces was most weird   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – What negotiations

Payment Support Interview

Payment Support
Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TELUS.

Interview Details – Interview process is a lengthy procedure. You are contacted via automated email if you meet the requirements and spark their interest for the position. Your first interview is computerized testing at their headquarters. Should you pass this exam then you are contacted via email for a telephone interview. Lastly you will be invited for a face to face interview.

Interview Question – What made you want to apply to this specific position?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The position was advertised as "part time" but turned out to be 95% full time. Did not work with my family's schedule (daycare, commuting, etc)

Project Manager I Interview

Project Manager I

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at TELUS.

Interview Details – First a phone interview with HR and followed by a behavioural interview with 2 managers. A lot of focus on fit within the company and team. Very prompt and HR is readily available to address questions and concerns.

Interview Question – Nothing comes to mind. Very typical behavioural questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiating

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at TELUS in March 2010.

Interview Details – they asked if i knew about windows and if i had any certs

Interview Question – they were all straight forward for my job   Answer Question

Technology Architect Interview

Technology Architect

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TELUS.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews. The first interview was with HR. The interview was mostly on verifying my related experience and the items that I had on my resume. I was also asked of my expectation for compensation and salary. The second interview was behavioral and verifying technical expertise.

Interview Question – Questions were straight forward. I didn't expect to be asked about salary on first phone interview.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at TELUS.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a phone interview with HR. Called in for local 1:1 interview with manager. Called in to make PP presentation on "Best Sale" to a panel of 3 managers which I was given 2 weeks to prepare for. Experience was intimidating since it was the first time in presenting at an interview.

Interview Question – The presentation proved to be most difficult as it was the first time doing one at an interview. plus the fact it was to be 15 mins. only (not 1 minute over, not 1 minute under).   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much room for negotiation but beware they don't tell you until after you are hired that in order to receive the car allowance your vehicle cannot be more than 5 years old. very important factor missing from making an educated decision when offered the position.

UAT Analyst Interview

UAT Analyst
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at TELUS.

Interview Details – One interview, one person is interviewing you personally, the other one on the phone. Behavior type questions.

Interview Question – What would you recommend to TELUS?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TELUS in February 2013.

Interview Details – Direct sales interview approach. Standard behavioural question but be specific and understand sales cycles.

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TELUS in March 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process was simple. I had to go through a first assessment test which was a survey about myself after passing the first part, I had a second assessment test which had to do with core skills, data entry and multitasking.

Interview Question – No questions were asked   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I didn't really decline, I wasn't fit for the job because I was a student and the way they schedule their employees was on a rotating schedule, so even though I applied for a part time position I still had to be sort of available like a full timer.

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at TELUS in June 2010.

Interview Details – Very formal - Technical questionnaire, panel behavioural interview, PowerPoint presentation, security backcheck that can take weeks, before they provide offer

Interview Question – Tell about a time you had conflict with your manager, or a colleague.   Answer Question