TELUS Interview Questions

Updated Mar 5, 2015
Updated Mar 5, 2015

3.1

Marketing Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TELUS.

1)Phone screen behavioural
    2)In person Behavioural
    3)In personal management consulting-style case

Very helpful and friendly recruiting team led by the new grads, who also engage you throughout the process to see if you have any concerns. You even get a recruitment buddy who you can meet with before your final round interview.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer questions about the telecom industry and what challenges face TELUS at present and in the future.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at TELUS in November 2014.

Phone interview asking simple questions about your customer service skills and values, followed by an in person interview, followed by a background check and reference check done by backcheck. The whole process took about a week, and I was offered a position. The 1 on 1 interview was more like a conversation to see if I would fit into the culture of Telus

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you told a customer wrong information? What would people say about their customer experience when you serve them?   Answer Question

Engineer-In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at TELUS in November 2014.

There are 3 rounds of interview for this GELP program. The first round is phone interview and it is half technical and half behavioural based on the work and school. The second round is case presentation where a topic is given: innovative services or products for TELUS, and the case interview is with some other candidates (3-4 people) as well as hiring managers and current engineer-in training employees (5-6 people). Candidates are responsible of asking and answering questions within the time. The third round is a panel interview of 3 hiring managers, where technical and behavioural questions are asked based on your resume. Although, the questions were not very difficult... I was a little panic and went blank in the middle, but I still answered most questions nicely. Which results in a background check consent and unofficial offer now (Official offer will arrive when background check is done with passed).

Interview Questions
    • How did you resolve a conflict when you are in disagreement with someone from outside of your team.
      Tell me about one time your opinion is in conflict with other co workers and it was not accepted in the end.
      Explain the technical concept you learnt at your previous work experience and tell it to someone who does not have this background.

Answer Question

Graduate Engineering Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TELUS.

Had a telephone interview with someone from HR for about 30 min.

Questions were about my past experience, and also about the company. Common interview questions like “What are your strengths?" or "Tell me about a time you had to be creative".... The first round is mostly the "Fit Interview" looking for someone creative, smart and with great interpersonal skills.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you think you are going to be after your next 5 years   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at TELUS.

Applied via the TELUS Careers Website. Got an email after a few weeks asking for a phone interview. The interviewer gave a description of the position, followed by behavioral-type questions. Got another email after a few days informing that the Hiring Manager would like to have an interview over the phone. The discussion primarily revolved around situational-type questions from a questionnaire and writing down my comments. Strong focus on TELUS Values in both interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult situation you faced and how did you handle it? Tell me about a time when you had to innovate / when you went above your responsibility to serve a Customer.   Answer Question

Marketing Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at TELUS in October 2014.

The first round of interviews takes place on-campus in October, and it consists of two 45-minute parts: behavioural interview and case interview, each with a different interviewer. The behavioural interview is pretty standard. The case interview is trickier; the case is given verbally, and the candidate must walk through his/her thought process with the interviewer. The interviewer will likely redirect the candidate if he/she starts to go off track.

The second round of interviews takes place at the office a week after the first round. The structure is the same as the first, but with different interviewers.

TELUS contacts the candidates by telephone to let them know whether or not they have made it through a few days after each interview round.

Interview Questions
    • The case is the most difficult part of the interview. You have to verbalize your thought process, ask for additional information, and make assumptions as needed. It will likely include a mathematical element as well (e.g., percentages, adding, etc.). Bring some paper and pens to your interview. Prior to the interview, I recommend reading books and watching videos on YouTube about case interviews to familiarize yourself with how to approach cases.   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

I applied online – interviewed at TELUS in October 2014.

Two persons interview me, the whole process is friendly and no question is unexpected. introduce yourself, company background, intern experience, general question, two technology question. I don't know the result yet.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of TELUS technology progress and your opinion about it.   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TELUS.

I applied online and was contacted relatively quickly for a phone interview. The first round phone interview was a very standard behavioural interview - tell me about a time you've had to work with a difficult person etc. A few other questions were asked such as "what motivates you?" and "what was the last business book you read?"

The second round was in the office and it was a 1 hour long case interview. This is really aimed at seeing your thinking process. It had one general business acumen related quantitative portion and a more strategy oriented portion.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Libertad, La Libertad (El Salvador)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Libertad, La Libertad (El Salvador)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TELUS.

I applied through a friend and they were quick to call me, there's a lot of tests and a lot of waiting in between.The first step is get approved in the phone interview, then they ask you to do an on site skill test, IQ test, personality test.
    They call you after 2 weeks from this point to ask you to do an additional off-site skill test of 48Hrs long which is hard and demanding.
    If you pass all the skill tests you get a final interview with your soon-to-be manager to another long interview (1h) where they ask you where you have learned your skills, your projections, your salary expectation, also they measure your attitude towards work.

Interview Questions
    • Actually I did not expected the interviewer to ask me complex software developing questions, but he did, so be prepared.   Answer Question
    They decide your salary based in seniority, so there's not negotiation phase, so always try to provide proof of previous work experiences.

Customer Help Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at TELUS.

I Applied on July 15th 2014 , received an invitation the next day for an online test assessment (10-15 min to complete)....passed it and the next day I received a 2nd test assessment (approx 2 hrs to complete)....passed it and the next day I received an email to confirm for my availability for a phone interview.....thought I did well...........and never heard back from the interview since then, and now it's August 9th 2014.

Interview Questions
    • Mainly talk about how you deal with customer....   View Answer