TELUS Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

3.1

Data Analyzer Tier-2 Support Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at TELUS.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter who worked with TELUS to find fresh grad students from either BCIT and/or technical colleges. The recruiter asked me general questions about my education background and were basically checking to see if I was a good personality fit. Then the second interview was at a Telus building. I was sitting in a room with many computers and the HR started a program that basically asked me several common work place ethics and behavioural questions. After that I was basically offered the position after a few days.

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TELUS (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Two weeks after I applied online I received an email from HR requesting a phone interview. It went very well and a few days later I received an email from the hiring manger requesting a 45 mins a phone interview. The phone interview lasted an hour and went very well. I was called in for a 3 person panel interview and had an assignment to complete before the interview. The panel interview was a standard set of questions that they each took turns asking. Two of the three people were friendly and I would be willing to work with. The third person was unhappy and appeared to dislike his job.

Business Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at TELUS (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

I was first approached by the HR of the purchasing department for an initial screening interview. After a week or two i was asked to see the hiring manager. The interview lasted for a little over an hour. Post the interview, i was told that they are not in a hurry to fill up this position and will be looking at many candidates to find the right match, however at that point in time i was still in their consideration list. For almost 3 - 4 months, it went all quite even though i had dropped in a followup mail to the HR person enquiring about what to expect next. I was again asked to see the manager who interviewed me first. Unfortunately, the manager wanted to make her interview notes all over again since earlier ones were not with her and it was since sometime that i had last met!!!! Again the interview lasted for about an hour and i was told that a second interview with a director would be scheduled. A month passed and there was no response hence i decided to drop in a followup mail with the HR. after a week or two of doing that, i get a mail from the manager with a thank you mail for applying etc etc. in brief i was cut out of the hiring process.

Well, the reason i applied at Telus was because of my understanding that it was a great company and supposedly more agile however the interview process gave me another view! Given my experience, I was way over qualified for the position however being new in this country i was ready to settle for a jr role such that i had the chance to prove my worthiness and then go up the ranks! In anycase, the people whom i interacted with were nice.

Business Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at TELUS (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Initial phone screening.
    One in person interview with the hiring manager.
    Call back for clarifications over the phone.
    Second in-person interview to meet future potential colleagues and client.
    Call back for clarifications over the phone (II).
    Offer process over the phone and in-person (for ID checks).

The hiring manager was always late for the in-person interviews. Panel interview was poorly organized. Participants had no idea who i was, were not informed in advance and were not given my CV ahead of time.
    On the phone interviews, it was easy to tell that they were doing something else at the same time and not really focussing on the interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very haphazard. No overall theme to the questions   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TELUS (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

The initial contact was a phone interview. The questions they asked were brain teasers and had no real right answer so it was clearly just to test how one thinks.

Business Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TELUS.

Interview

First I met the Telus team at the University's Telus open evening. I made a good impression and managed to exchange business cards and learn people's names. Then I got a call and invite for an interview. Initial interview for 60 minutes. Then after passing this interview I was asked to come for a second interview and this time give a presentation for a business case.

Interview Questions

• If you were given more time, how would you improve your business solution (for the case study)?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TELUS in January 2015.

Interview

It started out with a online application, about a week after the application I received a call from the recruitment staff of Telus. She conducted the phone interview which took about 20 minutes. It was a fairly straight forward interview with simple questions like "Why Telus?" or "How would you deal with a frustrated customer?" After all was said and done she setup an in person interview with the store manager which would happen in 2 days. The in person interview was very casual in nature and essential we just went over situational questions that were based on their BAR system (Background, Action and Result). The manager then went over company policy and some of the perks of the job (Unreal phone plan, Unlimited nationwide calling +6gb data for ~$15). After that she got copies of my id's and said that I may hear back from her about a background check which meant I was in the top 2 for the job. Got an email the next day to complete a background check. After that was complete it took about 5 days and then the manager called to offer a job. All around great interviewing experience.

Interview Questions

• They were all very straight forward situational questions   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TELUS.

Interview

1) Firstly you are going to get a telephonic HR round, in which they ask pretty basic questions about why do you want to join Telus, What are your short term and long term plans, salary expectations etc.
    2) Case Study is the most tricky round. You must nail it in order to get to the interview round. One interview happens immediately after the case study. The cases are either from Harvard, Ivey or any other good college, or a live case.
    3) 1 or 2 interview rounds depending upon number of applications

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with ambiguity   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TELUS in January 2015.

Interview

The HR was very experienced to ask questions based on what she wanted, not following with contents in the resume. At the end of phone interview, she gave the details of interviewers and the department info to me for the next round interview's scenario to me at the end. But after 10 days I was noticed by a system email that I would not be going to the next round.

Interview Questions

• Use your own words to tell me what you have done. I already have your resume here.   1 Answer

Network Design Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at TELUS (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

the Staffing agency called and performed and asked the updated resume and brief overview of my current status. Telus had a 2 step interview, the 1st one with senior engineer who asked technical questions, and the second one with 2 senior engineers plus the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What's the most important element of a energy backup system?   1 Answer