TELUS

Updated Jan 21, 2015
Updated Jan 21, 2015

3.1

Business Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at TELUS.

Had an phone interview with HR then was scheduled for an interview with the manager and a senior analyst. Also had a phone interview a few weeks later with the VP.

Interview Questions
    • Entire interview with manager and senior analyst was behavioural. They each had a package of which they would read off and ask you questions.   Answer Question

Took too long to get back to me. From when I first talked to HR to when I got the offer, took four months. Structure is too rigid to get anything done quickly. I also had a better offer elsewhere.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TELUS.

The first interview was a 1-hour behavioural interview, done by two managers in the group. They asked the typical behavioural questions. The second interview was a case study. I was given two hours to complete a case study and then present it to two other managers, who then afterwards asked me a few more questions.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't difficult questions per say, but it's all in how you answer them. As with any interview, they are really looking for someone who is very positive about their experience, and can demonstrate they have been a great employee in the past.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at TELUS in January 2014.

I applied on the Internet ,I was called back next day to get a date for the first interview.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked only two questions that are,Tell me about yourself? And, why should we hire you?   View Answer

Design Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at TELUS.

It takes a long time from submitting application to getting an offer but it was mentioned in the first phone interview. Very friendly people.

Interview Questions
    • How do you make sure work that has been outsourced is done properly?   Answer Question

I got another offer closer to my home

Technology Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied online – interviewed at TELUS.

Telephone interview, one senior technical analyst and one hr
    1. Background check
    2. Basic concept in CS
    3. Code to solve a problem

Interview Questions
    • software development cycle (&some software engineering knowledge)
      how to define object in java that can be seen in other classes
      web development
      code to solve "happy number"

Answer Question

Technology Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied online – interviewed at TELUS.

1 hour + phone interview with technical basis and behavioural.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me about networking topics. operating system knowledge and commands.   Answer Question

TLDP Interview

Standard IT interview, coding, Q&A and so on. There are 2 rounds of interviews.

The TELUS TLDP interviewees were very inexperienced, all of them were only about 1.5 ~ 2 years old in TLDP program. I had never have experienced such a unseasoned interviewees because typically you would expect a director or a senior manager involved during new graduate hire process so I found this to be very awkward.

Interview Questions
    • Not technically difficult but I think all you need is good luck.   Answer Question

Plant Service Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nanaimo, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nanaimo, BC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at TELUS in December 2013.

Great interview/ poor wages

Interview Questions
    • The computer testing was non relevant and a waste of time. I finished in 5 minutes basically said whatever. How am I supposed remember fractions from 28 years ago?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TELUS.

It is a 30 minutes interview that I spoke with the Hiring Manager. He introduced about his team and what will be the main responsibilities and then asked me to go through my background. The questions are quite normal, such as asking your career goal in next 5 years, your experience in business analysis. But since the role is a bit technical, requiring SQL knowledge to get large amount of data for system, which I did not use it before. I thought I won't be getting into the next round when phone call ended. But I did receive an email 2 hours later, for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing very difficult. All normal questions   View Answer

Network Technician Interview

There is a requirement to take multiple entry tests plus a main interview when applying for a job at this company. The entry tests are fairly basic with a math, English and cognitive thinking test to ensure that a prospective employee has the basic mental capacity to handle the work provided by the company. The interview process consists of multiple interview to get a feel for your experience with customer service and how you handle certain situations.