TELUS

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

3.1

Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TELUS.

HR phone interview, 1 inperson interview

Cal Center Interview

3 round interview, burnaby twice and dt once. Very simple, just dress properly be prepared smile and be polite. have enough water dont be late turn ur phone off and be nice. bring your resume and brush your teeth

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at TELUS in October 2013.

Short 20-30 minute phone interview, it was mainly them explaining the job and technologies and then talking about my past experiences and how they co-align. No technical questions, it was very easy going and just me relating my past work experience to their goals and work.

Intern means no negotiating

AFDP Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at TELUS.

you submit your application through TELUS website. My recommendation will be know the people at TELUS and why you want to work for them.

Interview Questions
    • you must know the differences of fiance and accounting for this program.   Answer Question

Technical Help Desk-Wireless-Regular Part-Time Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TELUS in August 2013.

1) On-line assesment
    2) Another comprehensive Online Assesment
    3)Phone Interview by HR
    4) Face to face interview
    5) Asked to come in to do "BackCheck" and references
    6) Was told everything is cleared but hiring only 6 and I was the 7th - NO OFFER

Interview Questions
    • Interview is good. Very thorough. They ask behavioural questions. I did not get the offer despite clearing all the interviews and back ground check because they were hiring only 6 externally and I was told I was the 7th.   Answer Question

PM Interview

Applied on line and was contacted by email by a member of the Human Resources Team for a phone interview. Interview was conducted by Human Resources and lasted about 1 hour. The questions were general and I also had to fill out a survey prior to the call.

Client Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TELUS.

Phone interview, face to face interview, testing for sales aptitude, testing for technical aptitude, another face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • The sales pitch test was difficult as it was a big surprise.   Answer Question
    Accepted right away.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TELUS.

First of all: there are NO easy interviews at TELUS. Every interview I have had has been long, intense, and gruelling.

The first interview I had (after 2 unsuccessful phone screenings and one successful one) was 4 hours long, performed over video conference, and incorporated the dreaded behavioural based questions, situational questions, experience based questions, and a case study. I got lucky with the interview though, because many people had to do TWO of these.

After about two years at my first job, I began applying for other positions. I had 4 interviews for seperate jobs, all which were very difficult.

The first one put me through a 2.5 hour long interview with behavioral based questions. The second interview consisted of a case (expected presentation time: 1 hour) that was sent 16 hours before the meeting. I had to create an entire marketing/business readiness plan which ended up consisting of 27 meaty slides that took about 10 hours to do. I even had it vetted from many peers, and I still didnt get the job because someone beat me out.

This happened THREE more times, until I finally got a job.

Now I am applying for another position, also consisting of a case (including a marketing plan). This is the first of 3 interview passes that this position will require. I have no doubt that they will be as intense as the last.

Interview Questions
    • Business case: Create a Marketing and Business Readiness plan, including risks, issues, timelines, action plans, stakeholders, and post-mortems, including quantitative and qualitative analysis for each point that is noted. You have 1.5 hours of presentation time, and you will be given the case sometime in the day before.   Answer Question
    Negotiate when you are an external candidate only. People getting positions within the company have set limits to how much they can go up. Start high, continue high. Start low, and you will always have a lower salary than the next guy.

Technical Support Interview

Group interview with several questions about web technologies and email protocols

Engineer II Interview

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at TELUS.

There is no standard interview format. My first interview was a group format. A table of engineers asked a range of questions, some testing technical knowledge, others asking about my background, others asking for my thoughts on service or design concepts.

I had two follow-up interviews, one of which was in a restaurant, and a screening by HR: "inbox" test and some personality stuff.

I didn't negotiate.