TELUS Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

3.1

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TELUS.

Interview

Quickly received phone interview followed by in-person interview. The phone interview was more difficult in my opinion, with the in-person interview being much more straight forward. Both were focused on SAR questions. Make sure that you prepare your SARs and know them well!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the most difficult customer you have ever dealt with. Tell me about your worst job. Tell me when you have gone over and above the call of duty to help a customer.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

I had a contact in the company who gave me a referral for a position. They called me to schedule an interview about a week after that and booked an interview for the end of the month. The interview was one on one in person, it was pretty straightforward.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at TELUS.

Interview

I Applied on July 15th 2014 , received an invitation the next day for an online test assessment (10-15 min to complete)....passed it and the next day I received a 2nd test assessment (approx 2 hrs to complete)....passed it and the next day I received an email to confirm for my availability for a phone interview.....thought I did well...........and never heard back from the interview since then, and now it's August 9th 2014.

Interview Questions

• Mainly talk about how you deal with customer....   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TELUS.

Interview

Applied online via careers portal. Was called shortly after by a Telus recruiter. Had a nice conversation that felt more like talking to an old friend than an HR team member. She arranged an interview with the Hiring Manager via teleconference. The hiring manager was punctual and stuck to the allotted time of the interview. After a short writing test I had a second interview with the hiring manager and follow up correspondence with the recruiter. They hired an internal candidate and were very transparent with their decision. I was supposed to have a third interview (video conference) while I was overseas but they cancelled it. Wish they would have given more notice as I ended up lugging my laptop with me for three weeks. Other than that it was one of the most pleasant interviews I've had in my career, and I didn't get the job. I ended up liking them even more that they promoted from within.

Interview Questions

• The writing test since I had no background on their internal writing style.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cubao (Philippines)

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at TELUS (Cubao (Philippines)) in June 2014.

Interview

panel interview: tell me something significant about yourself? why do you want to work in a call center? do you have questions for me? how woud you handle an irate customer? why did'nt you finish your studies?

Interview Questions

• why is it challenging for you to be a customer service representative?   Answer Question

Client Care Representative V Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at TELUS (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online via Telus Career website. Received an email invite for an online assessment a couple days later. After I successfully passed that, I received another invite for another online assessment (about a week later). One week after that, I received an email request for a phone interview. I conducted that and was scheduled for a in-person interview with the hiring manager the next day. I didn't think things went so well (my interviewer seemed distracted and not really engaged), but I received an email the following day for my information to conduct my background/reference check. I got a call back 2 weeks later offering me the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Payment Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at TELUS (Burnaby, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Interview process is a lengthy procedure. You are contacted via automated email if you meet the requirements and spark their interest for the position. Your first interview is computerized testing at their headquarters. Should you pass this exam then you are contacted via email for a telephone interview. Lastly you will be invited for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to apply to this specific position?   Answer Question

The position was advertised as "part time" but turned out to be 95% full time. Did not work with my family's schedule (daycare, commuting, etc)

Project Manager I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TELUS.

Interview

First a phone interview with HR and followed by a behavioural interview with 2 managers. A lot of focus on fit within the company and team. Very prompt and HR is readily available to address questions and concerns.

Interview Questions

• Nothing comes to mind. Very typical behavioural questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiating

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at TELUS (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

online assessments and then phone interview and then person to person interview. phone interview was easy but person to person was not so easy. the last interview was behavioural based interview. asking details about my past experiences. gave me a scenario and test my behaviour

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TELUS (Scarborough, ON (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

Many behavioural questions, must have been over 15 questions. Whole interview took around one hour. Be prepared to come up with many scenarios to talk about. Draw on everything that you have.