TELUS Mobility Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Apr 1, 2015

2.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at TELUS Mobility in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online, got a call a week later for a phone interview then moved forward to come in for a face to face interview scheduled four days after the phone interview. I thought the interview went really well. They proceeded to take copies of my I.D's for a background check, it has now been three weeks and I have not heard from them.

I am curious though, Will they let me know that the position has already "been filled"?

Interview Questions

• Generic Customer Service questions and BAR (behavioral questions) Easy stuff you can wing.   Answer Question

Business Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TELUS Mobility in April 2014.

Interview

I had three rounds of interview
    Round 1 : Manager phone interview. The hiring manager called me and discussed my profile and experience for half hour. He asked basic questions to get to know my experience and skills.

Round 2: I was called for a behavioral round for 1.5 hours at the Telus building. There were two manager who asked me different behavioral questions for over 1 hour. These questions are pretty standard and you can find them on the web to prepare yourself for it. What they are looking at is to understand you experience in handling the situations/scenarios they put across. No hypothetical cases please!

Round 3 : I was later called for an in person technical round. I was given a computer and a case study and was asked to analyze the data (all the tools were available.. I was asked in advance on what tools I was comfortable with). After the analysis I had to present my study to a group of managers.

I got the job!

Interview Questions

• Round 3, I never expected them to actually test my skills on the job!.But I liked the approach   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiation. Telus salaries are mostly lower than industry standards. But then you are working for a brand!

RF Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at TELUS Mobility (Scarborough, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Very long hiring process of around 2 months from acceptance of offer to finalization. Interview consisted of only one meeting with the manager and a second meeting to get a background check done. Interview consisted of first being asked the famous "Tell me about yourself?" question then went on to ask technical questions related to RF propagation. Then finally asked to write on half a sheet an short "essay" about why they should hire me and the other half a diagram on how Cell phone connects to landline.

Interview Questions

• short "essay" about why they should hire me and the other half a diagram on how Cell phone connects to landline.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TELUS Mobility.

Interview

I applied online through their website and they contacted me for a first round at their office downtown Toronto. There was a behavioural and a case aspect(conducted by 2 different people). The behavioural part(45 mins) was about fit/culture/experiences and limited industry knowledge. and the case interview(also 45 mins) was a simple marketing case in their industry. The interviewers were very professional.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at TELUS Mobility in October 2013.

Interview

Had the first round phone interview with HR.
    Mostly screening of resume and cover letter.
    This was followed by lots of behavioural questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Still waiting to hear back from HR

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at TELUS Mobility (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Had one face to face interview with the hiring manager. Mainly behavioral questions and about how you would react in certain situations. Followed by an online test with more behavioral questions. Very simple. Basically seeing if you are a good fit for the sales position. Got a call about a week later asking to perform a background check. Received a call for an offer which I accepted. Started working a week after,

Interview Questions

• Was handed a pen by manager. Asked, "Sell me this pen".   Answer Question

Client Loyalty & Retention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TELUS Mobility (Scarborough, ON (Canada)) in July 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Was sent an email to do an online test. After completing that, there was another test that is mostly how would you handle situations and just background experience. Then there was the phone interview. Asked standard questions about my work experience and how I would handle certain situations. Then I went for the face interview. Asked behavioural questions and also why I wanted to work at Telus. After that interview I was sent an email to submit my information for a thorough background check (employment history and references as well as a criminal check). I received an email about a week later offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to sell something and what was your strategy to make it a successful sale.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TELUS Mobility (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2013.

Interview

Very long hiring process, "sell me this case"

Interview Questions

• Time you wen above and beyond at your previous work place   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at TELUS Mobility.

Interview

First phone interview followed by in person and reference checks

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TELUS Mobility (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2013.

Interview

Relaxed atmosphere.
    Phone interview and subsequent in person interview.
    Questions regarding past experiences, specific duties at last job, relationship with managers, reasons for leaving last job, and behavioural type questions.