TELUS Mobility

Relevance Date Difficulty

RF Analyst Interview

RF Analyst
Scarborough, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at TELUS Mobility.

Interview Details – Very long hiring process of around 2 months from acceptance of offer to finalization. Interview consisted of only one meeting with the manager and a second meeting to get a background check done. Interview consisted of first being asked the famous "Tell me about yourself?" question then went on to ask technical questions related to RF propagation. Then finally asked to write on half a sheet an short "essay" about why they should hire me and the other half a diagram on how Cell phone connects to landline.

Interview Question – short "essay" about why they should hire me and the other half a diagram on how Cell phone connects to landline.   Answer Question

Client Loyalty & Retention Specialist Interview

Client Loyalty & Retention Specialist
Scarborough, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TELUS Mobility in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online. Was sent an email to do an online test. After completing that, there was another test that is mostly how would you handle situations and just background experience. Then there was the phone interview. Asked standard questions about my work experience and how I would handle certain situations. Then I went for the face interview. Asked behavioural questions and also why I wanted to work at Telus. After that interview I was sent an email to submit my information for a thorough background check (employment history and references as well as a criminal check). I received an email about a week later offering me the position.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to sell something and what was your strategy to make it a successful sale.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Project Manager II Interview

Project Manager II
Scarborough, ON (Canada)

I applied online and interviewed at TELUS Mobility.

Interview Details – Very tough process with useless testing process

Negotiation Details – Negotiated for 4 weeks vacation even though they said policy is to start everyone at 3 weeks

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Scarborough, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at TELUS Mobility in October 2012.

Interview Details – phone interview/ faceto face interview/ back check/ reference check

Interview Question – no hard questions   Answer Question

Project Management Interview

Project Management
Scarborough, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at TELUS Mobility in July 2009.

Interview Details – Met with Hiriing manager and then with two stakeholders. Offerd the job the same day. Started 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – Describe PMI process flow   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I accepted the offer as it was good at the time (contract)

LDP Summer Intern Interview

LDP Summer Intern
Scarborough, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at TELUS Mobility in February 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was very standard behavioural interview for marketing. Tell me about Telus. What makes you excited about wireless devices? Name a weakness that Telus has. What's your biggest failure? The usual stuff. The interviewers were very friendly. Very reflective of the friendly corporate culture at Telus. I was notified about my rejection on the same day that acceptances were sent out (about a week later).

Interview Question – What does success mean to you?   View Answer

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst
Scarborough, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TELUS Mobility in April 2008.

Interview Details – There was a phone interview (HR)
Followed by a face-to-face behavioral interview
Followed by a face-to-face technical interview

Interview Question – Question on Design Patterns   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes and got a sign-on bonus

Worked for TELUS Mobility? Contribute to the Community!