TELUS

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Trainer Interview

Sales Trainer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TELUS in June 2011.

Interview Details – I was approach by the hiring manager/team to apply for the role, as I had all the qualification to do the job. With my experience and skill set, I was told by the hiring manager, this is my job to loose.
I interviewed with hiring manager 1:1. He asked me a lot of questions and even admitted that he wish he could hire me on the spot.
I was asked to prepare a 30-60-90 plan and email.
Once I completed the 30-60-90 plan, I was asked to present in front of the director and VP team
At the end of my presentation, I was approached by 2 of the directors and advised how great I had done
The hiring manager advised me they would be making a decision within a week.
I followed up and was advised it was pushed to another week
Waited 2 weeks and followed up, to be told that it was between myself and someone external candidate.
When I finally met with hiring manager, I was told how wonderful I was...but they decided to go with the external candidate. He was apologetic for misleading me and making me believe the job was mine

I felt very demotivated and crushed. This was a situation where I was asked to apply. I was not looking to change roles, however was encouraged to look into this role. I put a lot of effort in my interview, 30-60-90 plan and presentation.

Interview Question – How will you earn the respect of the sales team?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at TELUS

Worked for TELUS? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TELUS Sales Trainer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by TELUS employees and interview candidates.