TELUS

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Sales Specialist Interview

Senior Sales Specialist
New Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TELUS in June 2012.

Interview Details – Applied for position on company website. The site is easy to use.

Hiring Manager asked very detailed and thorough questions about background to determine if there was a match. It is apparent that TELUS promotes very competent people from within.

The interview was conducted by different hiring managers on different dates.

Hiring Managers are very cordial and polite and are very competent. The managers represent a company that cares about its image in the market. The company has a keen desire to grow and its recent investments support this desire.

Interview Question – What interests you about this company?   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Sales Specialist Interview

Senior Sales Specialist
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at TELUS in December 2008.

Interview Details – TELUS Business Solutions prides itself in it's comprehensive candidate selection process. I first was introduced to this opening through a recruiter. First had a 1/2 hr meeting with my hiring manager followed by a telephone follow up. Was next invited to an interview with a director.
Having passed these steps I was asked to prepare a sales presentation to complete for a panel of my future directors and managers... Following this presentation (same day) I was provided with a sales meeting scenario which I was given 1/2 hour to review in advance of taking part in a simulated sales meeting (again in front of a panel). The simulated meeting was designed to test not only my selling abilities but ability to deal with pressure and ethics. This was followed up with a debrief. All told this series of presentations, situational interviews and panels took place over an intense 6 hour period. Intense, exciting and exhausing.
I was offered the job the next week.

Interview Question – A prospective client requests a round of golf at Palm Springs Golf for he and his wife. How would you handle this request?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The compensation package was very reasonable and there was room for negotiations. For long cycle sales positions you may wish to negotiate some initial KPIs of commission draws.

Worked for TELUS? Contribute to the Community!