TELUS

Updated Feb 13, 2015
Updated Feb 13, 2015

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at TELUS in January 2015.

Through recruitment agency it took 2 months to set up the interview and finally got a call from telus. Qa lead and manager very gracious and excited to know more about you and your project

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TELUS.

I've interviewed with Telus at least thrice now and while the experience hasn't been unpleasant (too strong a word), it hasn't been fruitful either. all 3 roles were at individual contributor level. The first time was a joke. The hiring manager wasn't present for the interview and the guy who did interview me made a token attempt. the second time was a better experience. I was at the case + behavioral stage when i was offered my current job with another company. I spoke to the hiring manager at Telus who was a really positive person and he advised i don't lose a bird in hand for the one in the air. he didn't end up filling that role for 6 months so i'm glad i didn't wait. However I'm interviewing with them again so let's see how this round goes.

Implementation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at TELUS.

Two 1-1 interviews, once with the recruiter and once with the Telus hiring manager. Telus manager was very nice and comfortable to sit. Looking for keenness (later in his words - "in a good way"). This is a big, big company with lots opt silos so demonstrating you can deal with (process) ambiguity and not get stumped...that you can navigate through a huge organization and not get lost (my biggest challenge was going from very small company to mega-sized Telus)...is important. You need to show that within such a big company you can make the critical connections and relationships throughout the organization that will make you successful. The company with a huge front-line staff (union or not union operational folks) like Telus the the onus is on you (as manger or other) to make the front-line relationships work for you. While you may like to think you know what's going, the guy buried in the company basement probably knows more about the his business than you do - being open to and leveraging this knowledge can make you stand out and can be to your real advantage.

non negotiable rate offered

Engineer-In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at TELUS in November 2014.

There are 3 rounds of interview for this GELP program. The first round is phone interview and it is half technical and half behavioural based on the work and school. The second round is case presentation where a topic is given: innovative services or products for TELUS, and the case interview is with some other candidates (3-4 people) as well as hiring managers and current engineer-in training employees (5-6 people). Candidates are responsible of asking and answering questions within the time. The third round is a panel interview of 3 hiring managers, where technical and behavioural questions are asked based on your resume. Although, the questions were not very difficult... I was a little panic and went blank in the middle, but I still answered most questions nicely. Which results in a background check consent and unofficial offer now (Official offer will arrive when background check is done with passed).

Interview Questions
    • How did you resolve a conflict when you are in disagreement with someone from outside of your team.
      Tell me about one time your opinion is in conflict with other co workers and it was not accepted in the end.
      Explain the technical concept you learnt at your previous work experience and tell it to someone who does not have this background.

Answer Question

Graduate Engineering Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TELUS.

Had a telephone interview with someone from HR for about 30 min.

Questions were about my past experience, and also about the company. Common interview questions like “What are your strengths?" or "Tell me about a time you had to be creative".... The first round is mostly the "Fit Interview" looking for someone creative, smart and with great interpersonal skills.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you think you are going to be after your next 5 years   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TELUS.

I applied online and was contacted relatively quickly for a phone interview. The first round phone interview was a very standard behavioural interview - tell me about a time you've had to work with a difficult person etc. A few other questions were asked such as "what motivates you?" and "what was the last business book you read?"

The second round was in the office and it was a 1 hour long case interview. This is really aimed at seeing your thinking process. It had one general business acumen related quantitative portion and a more strategy oriented portion.

UAT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TELUS.

One interview, one person is interviewing you personally, the other one on the phone. Behavior type questions.

Co-Op Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TELUS in March 2014.

I applied online in the winter. About a month or so after I got an email asking me if I was interested in a phone interview. Very soon after that they called. Then I was offered the job within the next couple days.They are looking for leadership oriented people with a large personality. They asked me more about my personality than skill testing

Interview Questions
    • Why would a company like telus want a dedicated firewall?   Answer Question

Business Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scarborough, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at TELUS.

Had an phone interview with HR then was scheduled for an interview with the manager and a senior analyst. Also had a phone interview a few weeks later with the VP.

Interview Questions
    • Entire interview with manager and senior analyst was behavioural. They each had a package of which they would read off and ask you questions.   Answer Question

Took too long to get back to me. From when I first talked to HR to when I got the offer, took four months. Structure is too rigid to get anything done quickly. I also had a better offer elsewhere.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TELUS.

The first interview was a 1-hour behavioural interview, done by two managers in the group. They asked the typical behavioural questions. The second interview was a case study. I was given two hours to complete a case study and then present it to two other managers, who then afterwards asked me a few more questions.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't difficult questions per say, but it's all in how you answer them. As with any interview, they are really looking for someone who is very positive about their experience, and can demonstrate they have been a great employee in the past.   Answer Question