TELUS Interview Questions in Toronto, ON

Updated Sep 25, 2014

33 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at TELUS.

I applied online and was contacted relatively quickly for a phone interview. The first round phone interview was a very standard behavioural interview - tell me about a time you've had to work with a difficult person etc. A few other questions were asked such as "what motivates you?" and "what was the last business book you read?"

The second round was in the office and it was a 1 hour long case interview. This is really aimed at seeing your thinking process. It had one general business acumen related quantitative portion and a more strategy oriented portion.

UAT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at TELUS.

One interview, one person is interviewing you personally, the other one on the phone. Behavior type questions.

Co-Op Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TELUS in March 2014.

I applied online in the winter. About a month or so after I got an email asking me if I was interested in a phone interview. Very soon after that they called. Then I was offered the job within the next couple days.They are looking for leadership oriented people with a large personality. They asked me more about my personality than skill testing

Interview Questions
    • Why would a company like telus want a dedicated firewall?   Answer Question

Business Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Scarborough, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at TELUS.

Had an phone interview with HR then was scheduled for an interview with the manager and a senior analyst. Also had a phone interview a few weeks later with the VP.

Interview Questions
    • Entire interview with manager and senior analyst was behavioural. They each had a package of which they would read off and ask you questions.   Answer Question

Took too long to get back to me. From when I first talked to HR to when I got the offer, took four months. Structure is too rigid to get anything done quickly. I also had a better offer elsewhere.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TELUS.

The first interview was a 1-hour behavioural interview, done by two managers in the group. They asked the typical behavioural questions. The second interview was a case study. I was given two hours to complete a case study and then present it to two other managers, who then afterwards asked me a few more questions.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't difficult questions per say, but it's all in how you answer them. As with any interview, they are really looking for someone who is very positive about their experience, and can demonstrate they have been a great employee in the past.   Answer Question

Design Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at TELUS.

It takes a long time from submitting application to getting an offer but it was mentioned in the first phone interview. Very friendly people.

Interview Questions
    • How do you make sure work that has been outsourced is done properly?   Answer Question

I got another offer closer to my home

Technology Leadership Development Program (TLDP) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Scarborough, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at TELUS in November 2013.

The interview process consists of a phone interview followed by a panel interview. Both the interviews were conducted by current or past graduates of the TLDP program. Below are the details of the process:

1) Applied at Telus' career website with a resume and cover letter in October
    2) Received a phone call from one of the developers in November to schedule a phone interview
    3) The phone interview consisted of some behavioral questions followed by technical questions (e.g: What is MVC? Why do you need MVC? Why do you need software testing? What are the different types of tests?). Finally, was asked to write a short program in Java. The interviewers used collabedit to look at the code. Interviewers were friendly and helpful during the interview.
    4) The second interview was a panel interview where a presentation one one of the past projects was required to be given. The interview started with some basic questions like Why Telus? and why TLDP? After the presentation, there were several questions on the project. Particularly, why a specific technology was used for implementing a component. After the technical round, there were several behavioral questions that ask you to demonstrate leaderships skills, conflict resolution, innovation, etc.
    5) After the interview, I was asked to submit two photo IDs and sign a consent form for background check. I was told that HR will contact me within 5-10 business days if they decide to proceed with my application. However, I received a form reject letter on following Monday.

Interview Questions
    • Justifying the technologies used for the project that was presented.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TELUS.

Took almost a month between the first interview and the offer of the role but this was during the summer period; it was nonetheless hard to wait between each step in the process wondering if you made it through the next round.

3 interview in total. First and second interview were with managers and third interview was with a director. I found the interviews to be straightforward but the Business Case in my opinion was the most challenging bc not only did you have an hour to complete the business case, but immediately after you finish the case, you need to go through your answers with the analysts/manager. Since the job posting did not specifically ask for previous experience, I was expecting a Business Case that focused more on testing general business acumen... but i was wrong. The business case actually comes straight out of your day to day activity.

Interview Questions
    • in my opinion, Business Case was the most difficult part of the process   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at TELUS in October 2013.

Short 20-30 minute phone interview, it was mainly them explaining the job and technologies and then talking about my past experiences and how they co-align. No technical questions, it was very easy going and just me relating my past work experience to their goals and work.

Intern means no negotiating

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TELUS.

First of all: there are NO easy interviews at TELUS. Every interview I have had has been long, intense, and gruelling.

The first interview I had (after 2 unsuccessful phone screenings and one successful one) was 4 hours long, performed over video conference, and incorporated the dreaded behavioural based questions, situational questions, experience based questions, and a case study. I got lucky with the interview though, because many people had to do TWO of these.

After about two years at my first job, I began applying for other positions. I had 4 interviews for seperate jobs, all which were very difficult.

The first one put me through a 2.5 hour long interview with behavioral based questions. The second interview consisted of a case (expected presentation time: 1 hour) that was sent 16 hours before the meeting. I had to create an entire marketing/business readiness plan which ended up consisting of 27 meaty slides that took about 10 hours to do. I even had it vetted from many peers, and I still didnt get the job because someone beat me out.

This happened THREE more times, until I finally got a job.

Now I am applying for another position, also consisting of a case (including a marketing plan). This is the first of 3 interview passes that this position will require. I have no doubt that they will be as intense as the last.

Interview Questions
    • Business case: Create a Marketing and Business Readiness plan, including risks, issues, timelines, action plans, stakeholders, and post-mortems, including quantitative and qualitative analysis for each point that is noted. You have 1.5 hours of presentation time, and you will be given the case sometime in the day before.   Answer Question
    Negotiate when you are an external candidate only. People getting positions within the company have set limits to how much they can go up. Start high, continue high. Start low, and you will always have a lower salary than the next guy.

Worked for TELUS? Contribute to the Community!