TELUS Interview Questions in Vancouver, BC

3.1

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Client Care Representative V Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at TELUS in June 2014.

Applied online via Telus Career website. Received an email invite for an online assessment a couple days later. After I successfully passed that, I received another invite for another online assessment (about a week later). One week after that, I received an email request for a phone interview. I conducted that and was scheduled for a in-person interview with the hiring manager the next day. I didn't think things went so well (my interviewer seemed distracted and not really engaged), but I received an email the following day for my information to conduct my background/reference check. I got a call back 2 weeks later offering me the position.

No negotiation

Payment Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at TELUS.

Interview process is a lengthy procedure. You are contacted via automated email if you meet the requirements and spark their interest for the position. Your first interview is computerized testing at their headquarters. Should you pass this exam then you are contacted via email for a telephone interview. Lastly you will be invited for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • What made you want to apply to this specific position?   Answer Question

The position was advertised as "part time" but turned out to be 95% full time. Did not work with my family's schedule (daycare, commuting, etc)

Plant Service Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nanaimo, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nanaimo, BC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at TELUS in December 2013.

Great interview/ poor wages

Interview Questions
    • The computer testing was non relevant and a waste of time. I finished in 5 minutes basically said whatever. How am I supposed remember fractions from 28 years ago?   Answer Question

Technical Help Desk-Wireless-Regular Part-Time Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TELUS in August 2013.

1) On-line assesment
    2) Another comprehensive Online Assesment
    3)Phone Interview by HR
    4) Face to face interview
    5) Asked to come in to do "BackCheck" and references
    6) Was told everything is cleared but hiring only 6 and I was the 7th - NO OFFER

Interview Questions
    • Interview is good. Very thorough. They ask behavioural questions. I did not get the offer despite clearing all the interviews and back ground check because they were hiring only 6 externally and I was told I was the 7th.   Answer Question

Client Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TELUS.

Phone interview, face to face interview, testing for sales aptitude, testing for technical aptitude, another face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • The sales pitch test was difficult as it was a big surprise.   Answer Question
    Accepted right away.

Marketing Analyst Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at TELUS.

Applied online, and before the deadline, got a phone call from their Burnaby HQ and offered me a interview, because I was in a different city, they offered a phone interview, but I ended up went to the interview in person. And I actually glad I did, I get to went into their office and experience the work environment, it was really nice, pity that I didn't get to work for them. I though I did well in the interview, somehow got declined, they're not very good at giving feedback, because they never tell me why I was not selected.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you are asked to disclose some information that you are not comfortable with?
      How many cell phone are there in Canada
        Answer Question

Coop Project Management Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TELUS in November 2012.

The interview was in person and about one hour long. There was two team managers and one team members interviewing. Mostly behavioral question with two technical ones. Knowing SQL, MVC, OOP and JAVA is a great bonus if you are looking for a position in Business Transformation. HR responded fairly quick after interview.

Interview Questions
    • When did you have to make a difficult decision at your workplace.   Answer Question

Telus Marketing Development Program for New Grads Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TELUS in October 2012.

Applied online through Telus's website. Applications were only open to 5 schools across Canada. One week after I applied I received an email from my school that I would be having an interview on campus in one week.

1: On campus with two parts
    Two rounds of interviews that were +45min with a break between each.
    a) Behavioural & General knowledge about Telus
    b) Case Interview: Discussion based problem with calculations (Basic knowledge and unnecessary to memorize equations)

2: At Telus
    - I did not make it this far.
    They mentioned that it would be behavioural and discussion based with no case.

Interview Questions
    • What is Telus' weakness?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me of a time when you had to take an analytical approach to a problem? (Working with numbers / tools / programs / etc)   Answer Question
    • If you were on the front cover of a magazine, which one would it be? and what would it say about you?   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest achievement?   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at TELUS in October 2011.

Interview is 1 on 1 with your future supervisor. General questions about your resume and work experience. Some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Have you had any conflict of opinions with any of your previous supervisors? What happened and how you solved the problem?   Answer Question

TLDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

interviewed at TELUS in July 2011.

Phone interview then an in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions. Some technical questions on web development.   Answer Question