TELUS

Updated Feb 1, 2015
Updated Feb 1, 2015

3.1

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TELUS.

The initial contact was a phone interview. The questions they asked were brain teasers and had no real right answer so it was clearly just to test how one thinks.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TELUS.

Contacted only 1week after submitting my resume. No phone interview, it was a panel interview with 2 managers, then one personality/skills test. The written test was composed of a variety of multiple choice behavioural questions as well as math testing skills. it was a very personable and down to earth interview with 2 very intelligent and likeable managers. They were more interested in how I would react or deal with difficult customers in different scenarios and circumstances.The managers there seem very likeable and easy to get along with.TELUS is a very well structured and managed company. It has a very good work/family life balance.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't one. The wage per hour was very good, as well as the benefits, they started immediately on day one, and you'd get incremental wage increases every few months after you've worked there a year. It was a great experience.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at TELUS in November 2014.

Phone interview asking simple questions about your customer service skills and values, followed by an in person interview, followed by a background check and reference check done by backcheck. The whole process took about a week, and I was offered a position. The 1 on 1 interview was more like a conversation to see if I would fit into the culture of Telus

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you told a customer wrong information? What would people say about their customer experience when you serve them?   Answer Question

Client Care Representative V Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at TELUS in June 2014.

Applied online via Telus Career website. Received an email invite for an online assessment a couple days later. After I successfully passed that, I received another invite for another online assessment (about a week later). One week after that, I received an email request for a phone interview. I conducted that and was scheduled for a in-person interview with the hiring manager the next day. I didn't think things went so well (my interviewer seemed distracted and not really engaged), but I received an email the following day for my information to conduct my background/reference check. I got a call back 2 weeks later offering me the position.

No negotiation

Payment Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at TELUS.

Interview process is a lengthy procedure. You are contacted via automated email if you meet the requirements and spark their interest for the position. Your first interview is computerized testing at their headquarters. Should you pass this exam then you are contacted via email for a telephone interview. Lastly you will be invited for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • What made you want to apply to this specific position?   Answer Question

The position was advertised as "part time" but turned out to be 95% full time. Did not work with my family's schedule (daycare, commuting, etc)

Plant Service Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nanaimo, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Nanaimo, BC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at TELUS in December 2013.

Great interview/ poor wages

Interview Questions
    • The computer testing was non relevant and a waste of time. I finished in 5 minutes basically said whatever. How am I supposed remember fractions from 28 years ago?   Answer Question

Technical Help Desk-Wireless-Regular Part-Time Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TELUS in August 2013.

1) On-line assesment
    2) Another comprehensive Online Assesment
    3)Phone Interview by HR
    4) Face to face interview
    5) Asked to come in to do "BackCheck" and references
    6) Was told everything is cleared but hiring only 6 and I was the 7th - NO OFFER

Interview Questions
    • Interview is good. Very thorough. They ask behavioural questions. I did not get the offer despite clearing all the interviews and back ground check because they were hiring only 6 externally and I was told I was the 7th.   Answer Question

Client Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TELUS.

Phone interview, face to face interview, testing for sales aptitude, testing for technical aptitude, another face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • The sales pitch test was difficult as it was a big surprise.   Answer Question
    Accepted right away.

Marketing Analyst Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at TELUS.

Applied online, and before the deadline, got a phone call from their Burnaby HQ and offered me a interview, because I was in a different city, they offered a phone interview, but I ended up went to the interview in person. And I actually glad I did, I get to went into their office and experience the work environment, it was really nice, pity that I didn't get to work for them. I though I did well in the interview, somehow got declined, they're not very good at giving feedback, because they never tell me why I was not selected.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you are asked to disclose some information that you are not comfortable with?
      How many cell phone are there in Canada

Answer Question

Coop Project Management Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TELUS in November 2012.

The interview was in person and about one hour long. There was two team managers and one team members interviewing. Mostly behavioral question with two technical ones. Knowing SQL, MVC, OOP and JAVA is a great bonus if you are looking for a position in Business Transformation. HR responded fairly quick after interview.

Interview Questions
    • When did you have to make a difficult decision at your workplace.   Answer Question