TELUS Interview Questions in Vancouver, BC

Updated May 28, 2015

3.1

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at TELUS (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

It was my first interview. I took almost 30 min. Atmosphere of interview was bery possitive. Almsot 7 days after my application submition i got mail from Telus with subjet "invitation for phone interview". After couple of mail, we agreed for time of call conf interview. After hearing my word, she explain job specifications to me. She ask me about salary which i mentioned in my application and explained me the range of this position.
    At the end ahe said i am firsk person whom is interview and j need to wait for couple of weeks in order to get final answer. Next round will be interview with hiring manager.
    Finger cross for me ;)

Interview Questions

• Describe your last experience in Ericsson?   1 Answer
    • Verifying information which i wrote in my Online application.   1 Answer
    • Why telus?   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TELUS (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

I was applying internally on a lateral move for a role that I had no experience in. I've seen complaints about lateral moves but the more variety of experience you have, the better to move up later. All part of the five year plan! The great thing about TELUS is that I started as a call centre agent. I have no education past high school but I have always made an effort to excel in every role I have had. I also never forget anyone and build my network through our internal diversity resource groups. I always do favours for my colleagues and built a reputation of reliability and flexibility. As a result, I was actually encouraged to apply on this job by reputation alone (I didn't know a soul in this department!). The best thing is that for the last 3 roles I applied for, a prerequisite was to have an MBA....or equivalent work experience. I am the definition of 'equivalent work experience'. I have been successful in 2 of those 3 applications.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioural questions which once you've done a few, are easy to study for. For the most part it was more beneficial for me to ask about the role and show an interest. The most challenging part of the interview was presentation of a 30 minute business case about an unrelated company.   1 Answer

Business Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at TELUS (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

I was first approached by the HR of the purchasing department for an initial screening interview. After a week or two i was asked to see the hiring manager. The interview lasted for a little over an hour. Post the interview, i was told that they are not in a hurry to fill up this position and will be looking at many candidates to find the right match, however at that point in time i was still in their consideration list. For almost 3 - 4 months, it went all quite even though i had dropped in a followup mail to the HR person enquiring about what to expect next. I was again asked to see the manager who interviewed me first. Unfortunately, the manager wanted to make her interview notes all over again since earlier ones were not with her and it was since sometime that i had last met!!!! Again the interview lasted for about an hour and i was told that a second interview with a director would be scheduled. A month passed and there was no response hence i decided to drop in a followup mail with the HR. after a week or two of doing that, i get a mail from the manager with a thank you mail for applying etc etc. in brief i was cut out of the hiring process.

Well, the reason i applied at Telus was because of my understanding that it was a great company and supposedly more agile however the interview process gave me another view! Given my experience, I was way over qualified for the position however being new in this country i was ready to settle for a jr role such that i had the chance to prove my worthiness and then go up the ranks! In anycase, the people whom i interacted with were nice.

Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TELUS (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Telus phone interview is called from HR for 30 minutes. HR asked some basic questions first, then sticked tight on previous project experience and wanted to know further details and examples.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TELUS (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

The initial contact was a phone interview. The questions they asked were brain teasers and had no real right answer so it was clearly just to test how one thinks.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TELUS (Burnaby, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Contacted only 1week after submitting my resume. No phone interview, it was a panel interview with 2 managers, then one personality/skills test. The written test was composed of a variety of multiple choice behavioural questions as well as math testing skills. it was a very personable and down to earth interview with 2 very intelligent and likeable managers. They were more interested in how I would react or deal with difficult customers in different scenarios and circumstances.The managers there seem very likeable and easy to get along with.TELUS is a very well structured and managed company. It has a very good work/family life balance.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't one. The wage per hour was very good, as well as the benefits, they started immediately on day one, and you'd get incremental wage increases every few months after you've worked there a year. It was a great experience.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at TELUS (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

Phone interview asking simple questions about your customer service skills and values, followed by an in person interview, followed by a background check and reference check done by backcheck. The whole process took about a week, and I was offered a position. The 1 on 1 interview was more like a conversation to see if I would fit into the culture of Telus

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you told a customer wrong information? What would people say about their customer experience when you serve them?   Answer Question

Client Care Representative V Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at TELUS (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online via Telus Career website. Received an email invite for an online assessment a couple days later. After I successfully passed that, I received another invite for another online assessment (about a week later). One week after that, I received an email request for a phone interview. I conducted that and was scheduled for a in-person interview with the hiring manager the next day. I didn't think things went so well (my interviewer seemed distracted and not really engaged), but I received an email the following day for my information to conduct my background/reference check. I got a call back 2 weeks later offering me the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Payment Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at TELUS (Burnaby, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Interview process is a lengthy procedure. You are contacted via automated email if you meet the requirements and spark their interest for the position. Your first interview is computerized testing at their headquarters. Should you pass this exam then you are contacted via email for a telephone interview. Lastly you will be invited for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to apply to this specific position?   Answer Question

The position was advertised as "part time" but turned out to be 95% full time. Did not work with my family's schedule (daycare, commuting, etc)

Plant Service Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nanaimo, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at TELUS (Nanaimo, BC (Canada)) in December 2013.

Interview

Great interview/ poor wages

Interview Questions

• The computer testing was non relevant and a waste of time. I finished in 5 minutes basically said whatever. How am I supposed remember fractions from 28 years ago?   Answer Question