TELUS Interview Questions in Vancouver, BC

Updated Aug 31, 2015

3.1

Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

It was a little lengthy. It took almost 2 weeks to get offer. First one was telephonic which was mostly on basics, second was face to face with deep concepts, third one was with manager and was related to earlier projects and was more of discussion and was easy.

Channel Care Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TELUS (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

Hiring staff seemed to be in a bad mood but I mean it was a really nice day and I'm sure they would have rather been outside than dealing with my shenanigans. Also they accidentally took my I.D. and forgot to give it back. I was illegally driving without my license for like 4 days before I realized...

Interview Questions

• personality traits, Behavioral based interview questions... etc etc...   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TELUS (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

It was my first interview. I took almost 30 min. Atmosphere of interview was bery possitive. Almsot 7 days after my application submition i got mail from Telus with subjet "invitation for phone interview". After couple of mail, we agreed for time of call conf interview. After hearing my word, she explain job specifications to me. She ask me about salary which i mentioned in my application and explained me the range of this position. At the end ahe said i am firsk person whom is interview and j need to wait for couple of weeks in order to get final answer. Next round will be interview with hiring manager. Finger cross for me ;)

Interview Questions

• Describe your last experience in Ericsson?   1 Answer
    • Verifying information which i wrote in my Online application.   1 Answer
    • Why telus?   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TELUS (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

I was applying internally on a lateral move for a role that I had no experience in. I've seen complaints about lateral moves but the more variety of experience you have, the better to move up later. All part of the five year plan! The great thing about TELUS is that I started as a call centre agent. I have no education past high school but I have always made an effort to excel in every role I have had. I also never forget anyone and build my network through our internal diversity resource groups. I always do favours for my colleagues and built a reputation of reliability and flexibility. As a result, I was actually encouraged to apply on this job by reputation alone (I didn't know a soul in this department!). The best thing is that for the last 3 roles I applied for, a prerequisite was to have an MBA....or equivalent work experience. I am the definition of 'equivalent work experience'. I have been successful in 2 of those 3 applications.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioural questions which once you've done a few, are easy to study for. For the most part it was more beneficial for me to ask about the role and show an interest. The most challenging part of the interview was presentation of a 30 minute business case about an unrelated company.   1 Answer

Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Telus phone interview is called from HR for 30 minutes. HR asked some basic questions first, then sticked tight on previous project experience and wanted to know further details and examples.

Business Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at TELUS (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

I was first approached by the HR of the purchasing department for an initial screening interview. After a week or two i was asked to see the hiring manager. The interview lasted for a little over an hour. Post the interview, i was told that they are not in a hurry to fill up this position and will be looking at many candidates to find the right match, however at that point in time i was still in their consideration list. For almost 3 - 4 months, it went all quite even though i had dropped in a followup mail to the HR person enquiring about what to expect next. I was again asked to see the manager who interviewed me first. Unfortunately, the manager wanted to make her interview notes all over again since earlier ones were not with her and it was since sometime that i had last met!!!! Again the interview lasted for about an hour and i was told that a second interview with a director would be scheduled. A month passed and there was no response hence i decided to drop in a followup mail with the HR. after a week or two of doing that, i get a mail from the manager with a thank you mail for applying etc etc. in brief i was cut out of the hiring process. Well, the reason i applied at Telus was because of my understanding that it was a great company and supposedly more agile however the interview process gave me another view! Given my experience, I was way over qualified for the position however being new in this country i was ready to settle for a jr role such that i had the chance to prove my worthiness and then go up the ranks! In anycase, the people whom i interacted with were nice.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TELUS (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

The initial contact was a phone interview. The questions they asked were brain teasers and had no real right answer so it was clearly just to test how one thinks.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Burnaby, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Contacted only 1week after submitting my resume. No phone interview, it was a panel interview with 2 managers, then one personality/skills test. The written test was composed of a variety of multiple choice behavioural questions as well as math testing skills. it was a very personable and down to earth interview with 2 very intelligent and likeable managers. They were more interested in how I would react or deal with difficult customers in different scenarios and circumstances.The managers there seem very likeable and easy to get along with.TELUS is a very well structured and managed company. It has a very good work/family life balance.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't one. The wage per hour was very good, as well as the benefits, they started immediately on day one, and you'd get incremental wage increases every few months after you've worked there a year. It was a great experience.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at TELUS (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

Phone interview asking simple questions about your customer service skills and values, followed by an in person interview, followed by a background check and reference check done by backcheck. The whole process took about a week, and I was offered a position. The 1 on 1 interview was more like a conversation to see if I would fit into the culture of Telus

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you told a customer wrong information? What would people say about their customer experience when you serve them?   Answer Question

Business Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TELUS (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

The process is very different for co-op students than it is for full-timers. Attending the information session is critical. Different departments hire through completely different processes and there is a lot of variation in how hiring is done across the board. Expect at least 2 rounds of interviews as well as formal screening processes.

Interview Questions

• They asked a combo of behavioral and case questions relevant to telecom.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None for contractors- no negotiation.