TEOCO Interview Questions

3.6

Database Engineer Interview

Interview

If the head of the company likes you then you are fine !! There is no process for interviews which makes it hard to tell. Hiring is smooth and comfortable with open discussion

Cost Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TEOCO.

Interview

The first step was a phone interview asking questions about myself, what I wanted to do, etc. I next interviewed with the team leader. We mainly talked about what was on my resume, and the interviewer discussed what the job entailed. To wrap up the interview, I took a logic test. The next step of the hiring process is to take a strengths test. Finally, I interviewed with three different audit managers along with the CEO. Everyone was very nice and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• I had to solve several mathematic questions. I had to answer the questions: 1) what is the identity matrix? 2) Find the probability of A or B. 3) what is 29 times 49?   Answer Question

Cost Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TEOCO.

Interview

Long interview, so be prepared to spend hours there.
    Three different people, one after the other.
    including the CEO who likes to test people with odd questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain cost benefit analysis, feel free to use equations.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Initially is the phone screening with someone from HR. Afterwards, a technical phone interview will be coordinated. The technical interview will look to ensure that the candidate has enough of a technical background and experience to be suitable for the position. If this interview goes well, you will then be scheduled for a face to face. Typically 2 or 3 developers will attend to ask you questions. Questions will range from technical to logic. Expect a couple of logic / brain teaser questions.

Interview Questions

• A lilypad doubles in size each day In 28 days the lilypad will cover the entire pond In how many days will the pond be half covered?   1 Answer

There Really Are None Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at TEOCO (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

Interviews went great until I met with CEO. He tried to cut my salary for the "privilege" of working there. I expect that they would be out of business if this was a good economy.

Interview Questions

• From the CEO - "what is your mortgage payment"!   1 Answer
    • Are both of your children from the same father.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Brutal - the CEO tries to nickle and dime you until he senses that you are fed up with it.

N/A Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at TEOCO (Fairfax, VA) in July 2012.

Interview

There was a lot more time than I expected committed to the pre-interview process/screening. I appreciated the candor and perspective of the recruiter, and that insight was invaluable as I was juggling multiple job offers at a time where most people were struggling to get interviewed. The actual interview day, while lengthy, left nothing to speculation, which is RARE in my opinion. The values of community and culture must be emphasized here; if you are looking for a job that recognizes you as a number on a timesheet, you WILL NOT be thrilled with this interview process. There is nothing impersonal or detatched about this corporation - your happiness and productivity drive everything. The unorthodox methods may catch even the most seasoned interviewee offguard, but it is a TRUE representation of the environment you will enter.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Better than reasonable - they gave me time, options, and support... You can't ask for more.

Software Configuration Management Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TEOCO (Fairfax, VA) in June 2012.

Interview

Talked with HR and everything went well, Then talked with a lead member of their team. She was nice enough but asked questions that had little to do with the position for which I was applying. Her understanding of Config. Management seemed to be outside the norm, which explains why she didn't see any CM experience on my resume, considering it was 90% of what I did at my previous job... The statement "You won't be working with the best and brightest software people at TEOCO" seemed to ring true. Just glad I didn't waste any more time on them.... I thought interviewers are suppose to be your 'best face' to interest people into joining your organization, I sincerely hope she was not their best... for the other employee's sake...

Interview Questions

• Would you say you are more a system administrator?   1 Answer

Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at TEOCO (Calcutta (India)) in December 2011.

Interview

My experience with this company is very frustrating and embarrassing, they knew my experience, my expected CTC and took 5 rounds of interviews (project manager, director, VP) and at the end they were shocked to hear my expected salary and since they unable to agree to even 20% lower salary from my expected one, they denied me the offer by saying that their requirement has changed, job location has changed, and I do not comply with their expectation!! And they realized this until I was interviewed with the Chairman - who actually does the salary bargain. Then what the director, VP are for? weren't they know about all this?? He expects all to join his Co. (as if this one is the bestest Co. in market) to join with lower salary! It hurts the trust/sentiment of candidates who seriously gives the interview and then denied with false charges!

Senior Database Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TEOCO in November 2011.

Interview

Interviewed Fall 2011. Time consuming, position was not as interesting, creative as initially relayed. Arrogant HR person who relayed a very low salary offer then looked at me with pity as I gasped "excuse me?" I had a job already and relayed that salary. Why waste my time to have me come in to offer me 4/5th of that? No one will take that. So was it me and my poor skills? Well, a friend of mine just went through the same process (Sept 2012), the same outcome all before I had a chance to talk to him. We laugh about the similarities. Arrogant CEO who really thinks he is doing you a favor to "let" you work there - shows you his little book he wrote. Granted I believe the CEO has found a very good niche with a high profit margin. Congrats. So I guess it follows that he thinks that people will be happy to bask in his glow at a lower salary than they are worth. Good luck with that model.

Interview Questions

• In a nutshell: Will you move from your present position to our company for 4/5ths of your current salary?   1 Answer

Significantly below the salary that I could (and did) get elsewhere.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at TEOCO in December 2010.

Interview

My initial contact with the company was very professional and my technical interviews with senior staff went well. In fact I thought this company and the job were a perfect fit ... until I interviewed with the Chairman. (Apparently everyone interviews with the Chairman, even though this company is almost 500 employees. ) The Chairman was VERY unprofessional and insulting. He asked inappropriate questions, such as where were my parents born, what did my father do, do I own my home. Then he said in so many words I didn't have a brain because I couldn't do his on-the-spot ridiculous logic test off the top of my head. By the time I finished interviewing with the Chairman, I knew I wasn't going to get an offer (nor did I want one) because I didn't want to play his games.

Interview Questions

• Eight paperclips, one heavier than the others. Identify the heaviest paperclip in 2 trys.   1 Answer