TERRA Staffing Group

3 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at TERRA Staffing Group in September 2013.

Interview Details – As a recruiter, Terra Staffing contacted me for a aerospace manager position. They were professional, polite, and very supportive throughout the interview process. I highly recommend Terra Staffing. They get to the core needs and issues and work the process with you as a active participant. I felt they represented my concerns in a very professional and respectful manner.

Interview Question – What are your concerns with the offer?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The aerospace company manager position was not a fit for me.

Very Difficult Interview

Prentious & Rude! STAY AWAY From This Agency Interview

Prentious & Rude! STAY AWAY From This Agency
Seattle, WA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at TERRA Staffing Group.

Interview Details – As someone who has years of experience working with staffing agencies I found their process to be outdated. They do not have an online application or resume download. While looking for a job I decided to contact Terra from a referral who told my they seem to recruit for many positions in my field. I was also familiar with their company from the relentless sales calls they made to my company for years asking if we needed temps. I contacted one of their Managers to set up an interview. She told me she would email the paperwork to me to fill out and bring to the interview. She never sent the email & when I showed up seemed extremely annoyed I didn't have it filled out. She reluctantly said she would interview me anyways! During the interview she said nothing positive, harped on a few small gaps in my résumé when I had not been working for less than a year. However I listed my volunteer work I did during those times. I am an experienced professional with 20 years of experience in my field. I was critiqued on my personality and there was not any focus on my skills. This woman talked to me only about the lack of education I had rather than discussing my expertise. Pretentious, critical and snobby are the words I use to describe this place. I was extremely busy that week after my interview with this agency and I kept getting emails and phone calls about turning in the paperwork. I asked if I could just fill out online and they do not have a system for that. I was called for 1 interview and told them I would turn in paperwork on my way. I ran into traffic delays and contacted the recruiter to say I could drop it off after the interview. She said not to worry about it and just turn it in when I can. When I finally did return the application paperwork I was scolded by the Mangager and told I would be put on their do not call list because I wasn't able to turn ppwk in during the times i said I thought I could. I didn't get hired for the position they sent me to interview for which was fine by me. As mentioned earlier, I'm no stranger to the staffing industry game, their placements are about making money and thats the nature of the game. However for a small time business like Terra they cant afford to treat candidates the way the do with this approach. There are so many other REPUTABLE and professional staffing agencies in this city and Recruiters who actually take the time to get to know you and understand there is a company for everyone. It's not a one size fits all candidate who can be placed at every company out there. Culture is a huge factor in my career decisions as I'm sure it is for many. I'm happy to say I've found positions without the help of Terra and not did they miss out on a huge placement fee! I have NEVER in my entire career been treated with such disrespect and unprofessional behavior!

Interview Question – Counseled on how to dress for an interview!!! 100 degree heated Seattle day. I was dressed business/professional casual. Wearing a $500 designer suit jacket with capris and designer leather shoes. I was told my outfit was completely inappropriate for an interview!   View Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Branch Manager
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TERRA Staffing Group in September 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview, 2 in-person interview with upper mnagement, Sals/personality test

Interview Question – What do you think are the negative aspects of my personality?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – ok

Worked for TERRA Staffing Group? Contribute to the Community!