TESSCO Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2015

2.5

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at TESSCO (Reno, NV).

Interview

I met w/ 3 key managers simultaneously for about 40 minutes. We reviewed my resume & I pointed out the duties I've completed in the past that would help me create an Office Manager position within the start up company.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell us about yourself?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TESSCO in November 2014.

Interview

First interview with VP of sales. Straightforward questions about background etc. second interview was with a current sales manager. dialog driven discussion. at this point i was interested in working for this person. third phone interview was with an older gentleman - conducted the interview on a speaker phone and was either doing something else while speaking to me, or had other people in the room during the conversation. I left this conversation with a bad taste in my mouth for the company. heard shortly thereafter that they were going in another direction. I was not interested in the position after the unprofessional third interview.

Interview Questions

• What reasons would there be why you wouldn't want to work here.   Answer Question

Commodity Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TESSCO in October 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with a director of sourcing. Informal discussion and spent most of the time talking about goals and objectives as well as the culture of the company. I thought, overall, it was a good experience. We had multiple discussions regarding the positions, the organization structure, and the strategy of the group over the next few years. We briefly talked compensation, but decided it wasn't a good fit at this time.

Interview Questions

• Questions really were geared towards their strategy, goals, and objectives.   1 Answer

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Timonium, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TESSCO (Timonium, MD).

Interview

So, I applied on the website and a few days later I get a call from HR. HR is very professional. I was sent a packet to fill out and bring to the interview. I arrived early like instructed and met with HR. I was told I would meet with the VP of Supply Chain Management, next. When I was done interviewing with HR, I saw her talking with a few manager's outside the door. The manager that conducted the interview was not the one who she told me would be conducting the interview. My credentials are solid, I will complete my graduate degree in Supply Chain Management, this spring. However, the interviewer let me know that credentials are not as important as being a "good fit."

Market Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at TESSCO (Baltimore, MD) in September 2012.

Interview

Long interview and vetting process. There were a minimum of 5 separate interviews. Many of the same questions just re-visited to determine thought process. There was an online personality test. Culture is key for this company, in fact it may be more significant to ensure you are a culture fit versus a candidate fit.

Interview Questions

• Explain your biggest challenge you faced in business? Explain in detail your biggest success in business.   Answer Question

Account Manager- Government Markets Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hunt Valley, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TESSCO (Hunt Valley, MD).

Interview

Initial phone interview with Sales Manager and Director was comfortable and focused on allowing me to ask good questions. Brought me in for an onsite interview. Very flexible with me as far as travel plans. In person interviews were long but expected. I interviewed with sales managers and even a VP. They were all interested in my current views of Tessco (since I was from the same industry) as well as what I viewed Tessco's value prop as. Very big on the value proposition as they should be.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell our value prop?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had a number in my head and they hit that number on the first offer. I wasn't willing to poison the well for a few thousand more. There were time constraints as well.

Key Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TESSCO (Reno, NV) in July 2010.

Interview

Phone interview, still waiting for the face-to-face interview in the next couple of weeks

Interview Questions

• what was my expected salary   1 Answer

Retail Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Timonium, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TESSCO (Timonium, MD) in March 2010.

Interview

I was already employed at the company, and was looking to make a transition to a new role. I used contacts in my professional network to learn more about the opportunity before officially applying. In the end, I determined that opportunity wasn't the best fit for me, and accepted a different offer in the company.

Interview Questions

• How have your past work experiences prepared you for this role?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Timonium, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TESSCO (Timonium, MD) in January 2010.

Interview

About a week after my application, received a call from HR. Did a 15-20 minute phone screen where they heavily probed for salary requirements. After that, I was set up for a double phone interview. Two managers were interviewing from the same pool of candidates for two different positions. After about 2 weeks, received an email that I was no longer under consideration.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hunt Valley, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TESSCO (Hunt Valley, MD) in January 2010.

Interview

The review process is tedious. Too many folks involved. You find out later that everyone must march to the rhythm of Barney. In fact, it was pointed out during the interview process that you have to sit through many hours (8+) of watching Barney video tapes of his interpretation of the hedge-hog theory.

Interview Questions

• Where do you think you would like to be in five years at TESSCO?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.