TFA

Updated Jan 27, 2015
Updated Jan 27, 2015

4.3

Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at TFA.

there are three rounds:
phone interview- very difficult questions
application - straight forward why do you want to be in tfa?
lesson plan-very time consuming and there was a time limit of five minutes.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time where you lead a project and it didn't go your way .   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TFA

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at TFA.

Very long and detailed process. General application followed by phone interview and final interview day.

Teacher Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TFA in March 2013.

Phone interview and final interview. Applied at top university. Apply early, because I felt I was a strong applicant (definitely stronger and more prepared than other people I know who were accepted). There is a TFA interview book out there that is helpful. You have to be committed to the cause.

Interview Questions
    • I had a scenario (expected) where I was expected to argue with a principal for field trip funding.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at TFA in November 2010.

The TFA interview process is extremely rigorous. I think that one must keep in mind that many really qualified (and, over-qualified) people are also applying for the same position you are. What that means is that, you may think you are the best candidate from your university or from the actual day-interview, but there are MANY other candidates you are unaware of interviewing all across the country. Be as prepared as possible and hope that you "above" the competition, so to speak. (I'm also implying that since it is so competitive, do not get discouraged if you are not chosen. It may simply be a result of not enough positions.)