THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP

14 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Personal Shopper Interview

Personal Shopper

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP.

Interview Details – Had two interviews and landed the job.

Warehouse Packer Interview

Warehouse Packer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP in October 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring went through OfficeTeam. They interviewed me first and then I was assessed by Net-A-Porter. The entire process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

Assistant Buyer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP.

Interview Details – I applied directly through the website and heard back about three weeks later to schedule an interview. I met with the HR recruiter to hear more about the position and to tell them about myself. Overall it was a very smooth process.

Interview Question – What challenges have you faced at your workplace now, and how did you fix the problem?   Answer Question

Sales/Customer Care Advisor Interview

Sales/Customer Care Advisor
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP in July 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring process is long, drawn out and conducted by people who do not follow up. I was told by the NAP someone from the department would be following up from an interview and it never happened. I email the recruiter to inform her of the situation, no reply. Even if a company is givin you the cold shoulder, they should let you know. In a custome service based industry you would think NAP would know better than to make a commitment and not follow through.

Interview Question – Nothing was to difficult. Basic interview questions. Be prepared to transition current experiences to a call center environment because they will ask how you plan to do this.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP.

Interview Details – Just 1 interview that only lasted about 20 minutes with HR and a person from the dept I was hired in.

Interview Question – The Interview was easy, either you had a good vibe or not.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Warehouse Assistant Interview

Warehouse Assistant
Mahwah, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP in February 2012.

Interview Details – Group interview. Very impersonal. Shown how to wrap a product once and then asked to do it. Drug testing on site which was deeply embarressing for some who got told straightaway they had to leave so it was obvious to us who had failed. I got called back and met with someone who obviously though their time was being wasted as they were interviewing a mere warehouse worker. Interview experience not good.

Interview Question – They ask you what you know about the company and you need to know. If you don't act like net-a-porter is the most amazing business idea in the world you won't get the job.   View Answer

Customer Care Interview

Customer Care
Mahwah, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP in January 2010.

Interview Details – I was recommended by a friend who already worked here. I met recruitment person first from England. Seemed perfectly nice but clueless about questions concerning the area in NJ and they seemed really tired/jet lagged. 2nd interview was with manager from the team I would be working in and someone from HR; they focused more on questions relating the job. I was told I had to do a grammar/email test in the first interview but I didn't end up doing it.

Interview Question – English recruiter asked me what I did outside of work. Are they allowed to ask that?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked for more money but was politely told no.

Packer Interview

Packer
Mahwah, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP in November 2011.

Interview Details – Temp agency called me with the position. I went into the building where they squished too many people in a small room. They showed us how to fold and wrap a garment once. Then, in groups of three, we had to repeat the process in under 2 minutes. They also gave us a picture of an item of clothing. We had a certain amount of time to write down "everything we saw". They didn't care about the single person or what skills or background any of us had other than repeating the wrapping process. It was very in and out kind of "interview". I really felt that each person didn't really matter.

Interview Question – "What do you see" about a picture of a garment.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None.

Media Interview

Media
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP in May 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed with the HR department for a position in the media dept for visuals of the website. Very stereotypical HR questions and not very personable. Seems like you really need to know someone there to get a position. Also, located in Long Island City.

Interview Question – How do you fit in with the company?   Answer Question

Sub Editor Interview

Sub Editor
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP in April 2012.

Interview Details – I applied through the company's official website. Got an invitation for interview a month after the initial application, but from then on the process moved forward quite quickly. The first interview was a panel interview (department manager + HR manager) and involved standard interview questions (talking through the CV, why you're suitable for the job blah blah blah). Was asked to come back for a second interview within days, which involved a 30-minute editorial test. After that I was offered a job within a few days, I think.

Interview Question – They asked why I wanted to work in fashion, when I didn't have fashion experience. They also asked what fashion magazines I read, and who I thought the company's competitors were.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP employees and interview candidates.