THINK Together Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2015

2.5

Program Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colton, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at THINK Together (Colton, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

The staff at the San Bernardino Hub office are all incredibly friendly and make you feel welcomed at the office. I first got a phone interview in which I was asked about my schedule, past experience, and college education. I was then told that I would receive an email with the information to my pre-employment test. I took the basic math and English test at the office and I was told right away that I passed.

I got set up with an interview and was told I would have to prepare a lesson plan that I would present to a panel of interviewers. The lesson plan could be about anything at the elementary or middle school level. They said the important part was the delivery. I chose to do mine on the life cycle of the butterfly. At the interview I was met by a panel of two interviewers and they told me to deliver the lesson plan as if they were students and I was the Program Leader. I delivered the lesson and they acted like students, asking questions children would ask.

About a week later I got a call with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• The hardest question was 'What is the difference between class management and class discipline?"   Answer Question

Program Leader Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at THINK Together in July 2012.

Interview

Had two friends who'd already been with the company that referred me to apply. Submitted application online. Was then scheduled to take a test in their offices; included testing of basic math and English comprehension, as well as some "what if" job situational questions. Actual interview took a while to actually schedule; they kept changing the day. The actual interview was held by a panel of about 4 Site Coordinators who took turns asking questions about both previous experience and more "what if" job situational questions. About 20 mins later, I was told that I'd been hired, though they didn't tell me by which school. Background check was initiated and I was then scheduled to a two-day, paid, training. Which was also a scheduling mess, as they started almost an hour later after they'd said it would start. While at training, I got a call telling me which school I'd been hired to work at. I was to begin the following week, which definitely felt rushed.

Oddly, they do not drug test.

Interview Questions

• We were asked to prepare and present a lesson to the panel. That was difficult only because the reactions I was getting back seemed neither engaged nor interested in what I was presenting, which made it feel weird to continue as in real life, one would do something to make sure students were understanding the lesson.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate. Being not for profit makes them very locked to compensation, though I have learned that every year you return to work, you get a raise (my raise was of 25 cents).

Office Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at THINK Together (Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Interview with HR Manager and Regional Directory. After you pass the interview you must write a written sample of a letter you would write to get different organizations to want to join our volunteer team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at THINK Together (San Bernardino, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied through the internet. After about 2 weeks, I got sent an email to go take a pre-employment test. Test was super easy, I received about a 93%. Basic english and math questions (area, percentages, division, etc). Then, they asked when I would like an interview.

A few weeks later I got the interview. It was super quick. They asked me about 8 questions. Then I presented my mini-lesson plan to the interviewers. After I was done, they sent me to wait in the lobby. Then, got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between class management and discipline.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Program Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at THINK Together.

Interview

Test was easy.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you disagree with your supervisor?   Answer Question

Program Leader Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at THINK Together.

Interview

Applied online and called for an interview within 5 days. The interview was with a panel of site coordinators. before my interviiew I was instructed that I would be expected to deliver a lesson plan and that the interviewers would act as if they were children. Before I delivered the lesson plan I was asked a few situational questions. I then delivered a lesson plan.

Interview Questions

• What does it mean to be safe in an after school environment? Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Puente, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at THINK Together (La Puente, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

The interview was very quick, and the interviewer asked simple and common interview questions like tell me about yourself, what's your education, work experience, interests, and how will you be able to contribute to their organization.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at THINK Together (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

You demonstrate an activity or lesson the way you would teach it in a classroom environment. Then you are asked some questions so they can get an idea of your previous experience and who you are as a person. One of the people who interviewed me ended up being my program director, so interview like you're talking to your possible boss who is picking you to be a member of a team that she (or he) is responsible for managing. (idk if this is obvious but I for some reason always assume some hr person with nothing do with the actual position is interviewing me)

Interview Questions

• What has your experience been like working with kids?, What would you do when a student isn't being respectful? (things like that, I can't remember exactly)   Answer Question

Program Leader Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at THINK Together.

Interview

there was a phone interview
    followed by a very easy math and English exam
    then an interview beginning with a small 5 minute lesson
    then the normal interview process with two people in the room

Program Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at THINK Together.

Interview

Applied online, went in to take a math test and a spelling test. After I passed, had to present a lesson to two Site Coordinators.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none