THINK Together

Updated Nov 13, 2014

2.4

Program Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colton, CA

I applied online – interviewed at THINK Together in March 2011.

The staff at the San Bernardino Hub office are all incredibly friendly and make you feel welcomed at the office. I first got a phone interview in which I was asked about my schedule, past experience, and college education. I was then told that I would receive an email with the information to my pre-employment test. I took the basic math and English test at the office and I was told right away that I passed.

I got set up with an interview and was told I would have to prepare a lesson plan that I would present to a panel of interviewers. The lesson plan could be about anything at the elementary or middle school level. They said the important part was the delivery. I chose to do mine on the life cycle of the butterfly. At the interview I was met by a panel of two interviewers and they told me to deliver the lesson plan as if they were students and I was the Program Leader. I delivered the lesson and they acted like students, asking questions children would ask.

About a week later I got a call with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest question was 'What is the difference between class management and class discipline?"   Answer Question

Program Leader Interview

I applied online – interviewed at THINK Together in July 2012.

Had two friends who'd already been with the company that referred me to apply. Submitted application online. Was then scheduled to take a test in their offices; included testing of basic math and English comprehension, as well as some "what if" job situational questions. Actual interview took a while to actually schedule; they kept changing the day. The actual interview was held by a panel of about 4 Site Coordinators who took turns asking questions about both previous experience and more "what if" job situational questions. About 20 mins later, I was told that I'd been hired, though they didn't tell me by which school. Background check was initiated and I was then scheduled to a two-day, paid, training. Which was also a scheduling mess, as they started almost an hour later after they'd said it would start. While at training, I got a call telling me which school I'd been hired to work at. I was to begin the following week, which definitely felt rushed.

Oddly, they do not drug test.

Interview Questions
    • We were asked to prepare and present a lesson to the panel. That was difficult only because the reactions I was getting back seemed neither engaged nor interested in what I was presenting, which made it feel weird to continue as in real life, one would do something to make sure students were understanding the lesson.   Answer Question
    Was not able to negotiate. Being not for profit makes them very locked to compensation, though I have learned that every year you return to work, you get a raise (my raise was of 25 cents).

Office Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at THINK Together in August 2013.

Interview with HR Manager and Regional Directory. After you pass the interview you must write a written sample of a letter you would write to get different organizations to want to join our volunteer team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at THINK Together in July 2014.

I applied through the internet. After about 2 weeks, I got sent an email to go take a pre-employment test. Test was super easy, I received about a 93%. Basic english and math questions (area, percentages, division, etc). Then, they asked when I would like an interview.

A few weeks later I got the interview. It was super quick. They asked me about 8 questions. Then I presented my mini-lesson plan to the interviewers. After I was done, they sent me to wait in the lobby. Then, got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between class management and discipline.   Answer Question
    None

Program Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at THINK Together.

Test was easy.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you disagree with your supervisor?   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at THINK Together.

there was a phone interview
    followed by a very easy math and English exam
    then an interview beginning with a small 5 minute lesson
    then the normal interview process with two people in the room

Program Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at THINK Together.

Applied online, went in to take a math test and a spelling test. After I passed, had to present a lesson to two Site Coordinators.

none

Submit application online.
    Take some basic test in offices.
    Put together lesson plan (appropriate for elementary or middle school aged children)

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions to see if you are qualified to work with children. If you have experience not very difficult.   Answer Question

Summer Program Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied online – interviewed at THINK Together.

Six 5 minute interviews in 1 day. If you're one of the first people pulled in 1 by 1 at the end of the interview day & told they needed to add up "points" (checks or x's) and review the comments, you will be rejected within two days via email.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the interviewers did not have any questions prepared, and I was constantly asked did you have any questions?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colton, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at THINK Together in February 2012.

To start off you have to take a math and spelling test. Then if you pass that they call you back to give a presentation to a panel of 4 of a lesson plan they send ypu online. You have 2 days to prepare and be ready.

Interview Questions
    • Be ready to give a presentation to 4 people in 2 days time. They will pretend to act like children, etc.   Answer Question
    N/A