THINK Together

Updated Nov 13, 2014
Updated Nov 13, 2014

2.4

Program Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at THINK Together.

You give a 5 minute presentation in front of two employees. They will act like snotty kids and give you a hard time throughout the interview. Try to ignore it!

Interview Questions
    • The selectors were roleplaying as kids in a class, it was tough because they did a good job acting like snotty 6th graders.   Answer Question
    You wait in room for 5 minutes and then the HR manager asks you come and tells you got hired.

Program Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at THINK Together.

I was called the next day after submitting my job application to come in and take a pre-assessment test. It was on math, English, and spelling. They called me a couple days later and told me that I passed. Then I was called to have an interview. I came in, and there were at least eight other people waiting to be interviewed as well. I was called in and interviewed by three people. They asked routine questions about why I wanted to work there and experiences that I've had. Then I was to do a classroom mock presentation as if I was talking to a classroom full of kids. I had to prepare a lecture/presentation and present it to the interviewers. After I was done, I was notified that they liked me and wanted to offer me the job. I accepted! Then they did a background check and fingerprinting right in their office. When it cleared, they scheduled me for orientation and training. Overall quick process.

Interview Questions
    • "If you could describe yourself in three words, what would they be?"
      I feel so narcissistic answering this question because they could be judging your answer! You don't want to compliment yourself to death, so you have to be humble as well.

"What is your greatest weakness?"

I feel like this is a trick question. Should I tell them or not tell them? What if I don't get hired because my weakness is being a procrastinator?!
        Answer Question
    No negotiation. You start as a SUB PL, until you're needed permanently.

Program Leader Interview

For the interview you need to do a basic math and reading test and prepare a small lesson. It is not a very long process and I got hired that same day. Since they have such a high turnover rate, they are desperate for employees. They do a background check and training begins soon after you are hired.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you turned a negative situation into a positive one.   Answer Question

Sub Program Leader Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at THINK Together.

If you can pass a simple math and spelling test and give a coherent lesson plan trying to teach something age appropriate they will take you on. First, you come in and take the skills test and come back for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about any past experience with kids or teaching experience with some details.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at THINK Together in May 2013.

I submitted my application through their website and within a week was called to do a test. Super easy - spelling and basic reading as well as math. Then they schedule you for an interview where you will present a small lesson. They will interview you first then let you do your lesson plan - or the other way around - it just all depends. People who are interviewing you are site coordinators - so be ready for specific questions.

Interview Questions
    • What do think is the difference between elementary and jr high school students   Answer Question
    No negotiations on salary

Program Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at THINK Together in January 2013.

The process was pretty simple. You take a test and if you pass then you move on to the face to face interview. It's a office with 4 staff members and you have to show them a mock lesson plan implementation and how you would handle your students. It's fun and easy!

Program Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at THINK Together.

Casual Interview after you pass the RIDICULOUSLY easy math/english test. Offer is on the spot and you basically will take it because at this point you're just looking for some sort of income.

Offer on the spot.

Teaching Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at THINK Together in February 2009.

They asked me a few questions in my first interview, and then in my second interview they asked me to teach a sample lesson plan to a small panel of interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most important part of getting a child to understand a lesson?   Answer Question
    • How would you teach this lesson plan?(lesson provided)   Answer Question
    I wasn't able to negotiate.

Substitute Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at THINK Together in May 2011.

Simple interview questions. Questions like "why this job? what makes you feel you qualify for this job?" etc.

Interview Questions

Very little pay for the large amount of responsibility. Require large amount of travel and they weren't offering to pay for travel.

Substitute Program Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at THINK Together in September 2011.

You are emailed if you are selected to proceed in the interview process. The email will contain a lesson plan in which you can review and present, or create your own. I created my own, and presented it to a panel of two guys. It went smooth, had no negative feedback. Give personality, show that you are kid friendly/approachable. In fact, present your lesson plan as if you were in front of a group of students.