THINK Together Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2015
Updated Feb 10, 2015

2.4

Program Leader Interview

I applied online – interviewed at THINK Together.

Applied online and called for an interview within 5 days. The interview was with a panel of site coordinators. before my interviiew I was instructed that I would be expected to deliver a lesson plan and that the interviewers would act as if they were children. Before I delivered the lesson plan I was asked a few situational questions. I then delivered a lesson plan.

Interview Questions
    • What does it mean to be safe in an after school environment? Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Program Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at THINK Together.

The interview was two parts--behavioral and a teaching portion.

In the first half, the interviewers ask about educational background, interests, and situational scenarios gauging how one would act in a situation with children.

During the latter half of the interview, I presented a "lesson plan" that I had planned prior to the interview. Here, they were judging my ability to engage the audience and effectively communicate. They were very friendly and were not intimidating!

Interview Questions
    • How would you respond if an angry parent approached you?   Answer Question

Sub Program Leader Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at THINK Together.

If you can pass a simple math and spelling test and give a coherent lesson plan trying to teach something age appropriate they will take you on. First, you come in and take the skills test and come back for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about any past experience with kids or teaching experience with some details.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at THINK Together in September 2014.

Applied 2 weeks before I received a notification about a pre-employment test. Pre-employment tests are on-site in their office and you take it with a few other people. The test is multiple choice with some spelling, math, and grammar. Since I passed, they set me up with an interview 2 days later. The interview isn't bad at all. They tell you beforehand to prepare a mock lesson plan for any grade level. The interviewers will respond like the grade you are directing your presentation to. Before the presentation, they ask you a handful of questions.

They asked me what is a negative experience that I turned positive, previous experiences working with kids, and very few scenario questions, but I heard that some folks were given many scenario questions. Overall, interview was a breeze so don't fret, just prepare for your mock presentation and read the interview questions on GlassDoor!

They said that my only weakness was that I didn't have classroom experience, but the worker told me that that I can be trained on. So don't be intimidated if you like working with kids but have no classroom experience!

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between classroom management and discipline?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Site Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied online – interviewed at THINK Together in September 2014.

1. Fill out the application online that includes: Past employers, references, and cover letter
    2. Phone Interview
    3. Face to Face Interview, with two QAC/T (quality assurance trainer), who will be your supervisor
    4. If all goes well on #3, it will be followed with second interview with two other people, the General Manager and a senior staff member.
    5. If all goes well on #4, it is followed by being interviewed by the principal of the school, who makes the final decision to see if you both will be a match

Interview Questions
    • Many scenario type questions such as; How would you handle a conflict between two people? How have you handled a situation when a person is being rude to a parent? How would you connect with the parents? How would you connect with the program leaders?

In essence, many "what would you do?" type questions.

Tip: Provide examples and relax.

Answer Question

Program Leader Interview

For the interview you need to do a basic math and reading test and prepare a small lesson. It is not a very long process and I got hired that same day. Since they have such a high turnover rate, they are desperate for employees. They do a background check and training begins soon after you are hired.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you turned a negative situation into a positive one.   Answer Question

Program Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at THINK Together in January 2013.

The process was pretty simple. You take a test and if you pass then you move on to the face to face interview. It's a office with 4 staff members and you have to show them a mock lesson plan implementation and how you would handle your students. It's fun and easy!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at THINK Together in July 2014.

I applied through the internet. After about 2 weeks, I got sent an email to go take a pre-employment test. Test was super easy, I received about a 93%. Basic english and math questions (area, percentages, division, etc). Then, they asked when I would like an interview.

A few weeks later I got the interview. It was super quick. They asked me about 8 questions. Then I presented my mini-lesson plan to the interviewers. After I was done, they sent me to wait in the lobby. Then, got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between class management and discipline.   Answer Question
    None

Office Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at THINK Together in August 2013.

Interview with HR Manager and Regional Directory. After you pass the interview you must write a written sample of a letter you would write to get different organizations to want to join our volunteer team.

Program Leader Interview

I applied online – interviewed at THINK Together in July 2012.

Had two friends who'd already been with the company that referred me to apply. Submitted application online. Was then scheduled to take a test in their offices; included testing of basic math and English comprehension, as well as some "what if" job situational questions. Actual interview took a while to actually schedule; they kept changing the day. The actual interview was held by a panel of about 4 Site Coordinators who took turns asking questions about both previous experience and more "what if" job situational questions. About 20 mins later, I was told that I'd been hired, though they didn't tell me by which school. Background check was initiated and I was then scheduled to a two-day, paid, training. Which was also a scheduling mess, as they started almost an hour later after they'd said it would start. While at training, I got a call telling me which school I'd been hired to work at. I was to begin the following week, which definitely felt rushed.

Oddly, they do not drug test.

Interview Questions
    • We were asked to prepare and present a lesson to the panel. That was difficult only because the reactions I was getting back seemed neither engaged nor interested in what I was presenting, which made it feel weird to continue as in real life, one would do something to make sure students were understanding the lesson.   Answer Question
    Was not able to negotiate. Being not for profit makes them very locked to compensation, though I have learned that every year you return to work, you get a raise (my raise was of 25 cents).