THINK Together

2.4

Office Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at THINK Together in August 2013.

Interview with HR Manager and Regional Directory. After you pass the interview you must write a written sample of a letter you would write to get different organizations to want to join our volunteer team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at THINK Together in July 2013.

First step was to apply online. Application includes the basics but also open ended questions where you can provide a lengthy answer.

A week after I had a short phone interview which consisted of questions such as: why do I want to work with kids, what is the best aspect about working with kids, my experience with large groups of children, what makes me qualified. Simple questions.

Next step was to go take a Math, English, & Spelling test. The spelling portion was 8 words One of the employees would say a word, use it in a sentence, and then we had to write in down. They were easy words such as "ridiculous, accept, library"... The rest of test is 39 questions which were math & English. The math portion had adding, subtracting, multiplying, percents, word problems, find perimeters, areas. English consisted of putting sentences together and finding which word best fits into each sentence.

After you turn in the test, you wait about 5-10 mins. Next, an employee takes you to the back and lets you know if you passed or failed. I passed, then we picked a date for my interview.
    My interview was 2 days after & she let me know that I have to present a lesson plan.

For my interview, I had to site coordinators interview me. They were very friendly and made jokes frequently so I felt comfortable. The male would ask me questions while the female wrote down my answers. Question topics: what brought me here, explain my experience with kids, how would I handle an injured child while 20 kids are out playing under my supervision, how would I manage the classroom and discipline, how would I foster emotional development, how would I teach a mixed class where some students are more advanced then others, and my methods of handling a disruptive student that is not behaving.

Then they had me present my lesson. I created a learning game, which I had the male come up to the front and volunteer to play. I made sure to pretend I was speaking to the "audience, my students" as well as have the male volunteer speak to them because those are his "classmates". It was very engaging, I made lots of eye contact, insisted they participate. I brought props, 2 game boards so they could play at "their pretend student desk". My game was fun, colorful and targeted at a young age/ low grade level because that way its an easy lesson to teach. Not even 5 minutes into it, they stopped me & said it was wonderful, well done. Asked if I had any questions, then sent me to wait in the lobby.

Five minutes later HR calls me and tells me the interviewers were very pleased and offered me a position.

Interview Questions
    • I cant remember the exact wording, but they asked how I would manage my classroom and how I would manage the discipline of students so that the environment encompasses learning and nurturing. Something along those lines.   View Answer
    No negotiations.

Summer Program Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied online – interviewed at THINK Together.

Six 5 minute interviews in 1 day. If you're one of the first people pulled in 1 by 1 at the end of the interview day & told they needed to add up "points" (checks or x's) and review the comments, you will be rejected within two days via email.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the interviewers did not have any questions prepared, and I was constantly asked did you have any questions?   View Answer

Program Leader Interview

I applied online – interviewed at THINK Together.

Submit application online.
    Take some basic test in offices.
    Put together lesson plan (appropriate for elementary or middle school aged children)

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions to see if you are qualified to work with children. If you have experience not very difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at THINK Together in May 2013.

I submitted my application through their website and within a week was called to do a test. Super easy - spelling and basic reading as well as math. Then they schedule you for an interview where you will present a small lesson. They will interview you first then let you do your lesson plan - or the other way around - it just all depends. People who are interviewing you are site coordinators - so be ready for specific questions.

Interview Questions
    • What do think is the difference between elementary and jr high school students   Answer Question
    No negotiations on salary

Program Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at THINK Together.

Applied online, went in to take a math test and a spelling test. After I passed, had to present a lesson to two Site Coordinators.

none

Site Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at THINK Together.

Submitted resume, was contacted by HR over the phone to answer pre screening questions. Things like "What is your favorite thing about working with kids?" "Tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry parent or customer." Invited for a interview with the General Manager and Quality Assurance Coach. Approved by them to begin attending "Principal Interviews." Interviewed with several school Principals from around Sac County until selected by a school/

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any unexpected questions, very standard "kid based" questions. "Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a student with behavioral problems, how did you handle it, etc." The only unexpected question I had was "What would you do if you disagreed with something your supervisor asked you to do?"   Answer Question
    none, flat salary

Program Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at THINK Together in January 2013.

The process was pretty simple. You take a test and if you pass then you move on to the face to face interview. It's a office with 4 staff members and you have to show them a mock lesson plan implementation and how you would handle your students. It's fun and easy!

Program Leader Interview

I applied online – interviewed at THINK Together in July 2012.

Had two friends who'd already been with the company that referred me to apply. Submitted application online. Was then scheduled to take a test in their offices; included testing of basic math and English comprehension, as well as some "what if" job situational questions. Actual interview took a while to actually schedule; they kept changing the day. The actual interview was held by a panel of about 4 Site Coordinators who took turns asking questions about both previous experience and more "what if" job situational questions. About 20 mins later, I was told that I'd been hired, though they didn't tell me by which school. Background check was initiated and I was then scheduled to a two-day, paid, training. Which was also a scheduling mess, as they started almost an hour later after they'd said it would start. While at training, I got a call telling me which school I'd been hired to work at. I was to begin the following week, which definitely felt rushed.

Oddly, they do not drug test.

Interview Questions
    • We were asked to prepare and present a lesson to the panel. That was difficult only because the reactions I was getting back seemed neither engaged nor interested in what I was presenting, which made it feel weird to continue as in real life, one would do something to make sure students were understanding the lesson.   Answer Question
    Was not able to negotiate. Being not for profit makes them very locked to compensation, though I have learned that every year you return to work, you get a raise (my raise was of 25 cents).

Administrative Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at THINK Together in July 2012.

Went through a couple of rounds of interviews. Interviewers made me feel very comfortable. I was also informed about every step in advance.

Interview Questions
    • How would you use the skills you have in this particular position?   Answer Question
    I negotiated and my offer was accepted.