THINK Together

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Bernardino, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at THINK Together in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through the internet. After about 2 weeks, I got sent an email to go take a pre-employment test. Test was super easy, I received about a 93%. Basic english and math questions (area, percentages, division, etc). Then, they asked when I would like an interview.

A few weeks later I got the interview. It was super quick. They asked me about 8 questions. Then I presented my mini-lesson plan to the interviewers. After I was done, they sent me to wait in the lobby. Then, got hired on the spot.

Interview Question – What is the difference between class management and discipline.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Program Leader

I applied online - interviewed at THINK Together in July 2012.

Interview Details – Had two friends who'd already been with the company that referred me to apply. Submitted application online. Was then scheduled to take a test in their offices; included testing of basic math and English comprehension, as well as some "what if" job situational questions. Actual interview took a while to actually schedule; they kept changing the day. The actual interview was held by a panel of about 4 Site Coordinators who took turns asking questions about both previous experience and more "what if" job situational questions. About 20 mins later, I was told that I'd been hired, though they didn't tell me by which school. Background check was initiated and I was then scheduled to a two-day, paid, training. Which was also a scheduling mess, as they started almost an hour later after they'd said it would start. While at training, I got a call telling me which school I'd been hired to work at. I was to begin the following week, which definitely felt rushed.

Oddly, they do not drug test.

Interview Question – We were asked to prepare and present a lesson to the panel. That was difficult only because the reactions I was getting back seemed neither engaged nor interested in what I was presenting, which made it feel weird to continue as in real life, one would do something to make sure students were understanding the lesson.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was not able to negotiate. Being not for profit makes them very locked to compensation, though I have learned that every year you return to work, you get a raise (my raise was of 25 cents).

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at THINK Together.

Interview Details – Test was easy.

Interview Question – What would you do if you disagree with your supervisor?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at THINK Together.

Interview Details – Casual Interview after you pass the RIDICULOUSLY easy math/english test. Offer is on the spot and you basically will take it because at this point you're just looking for some sort of income.

Interview Question – How would you handle a child who is being difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer on the spot.

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at THINK Together.

Interview Details – I was called the next day after submitting my job application to come in and take a pre-assessment test. It was on math, English, and spelling. They called me a couple days later and told me that I passed. Then I was called to have an interview. I came in, and there were at least eight other people waiting to be interviewed as well. I was called in and interviewed by three people. They asked routine questions about why I wanted to work there and experiences that I've had. Then I was to do a classroom mock presentation as if I was talking to a classroom full of kids. I had to prepare a lecture/presentation and present it to the interviewers. After I was done, I was notified that they liked me and wanted to offer me the job. I accepted! Then they did a background check and fingerprinting right in their office. When it cleared, they scheduled me for orientation and training. Overall quick process.

Interview Question – "If you could describe yourself in three words, what would they be?"
I feel so narcissistic answering this question because they could be judging your answer! You don't want to compliment yourself to death, so you have to be humble as well.

"What is your greatest weakness?"

I feel like this is a trick question. Should I tell them or not tell them? What if I don't get hired because my weakness is being a procrastinator?!
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. You start as a SUB PL, until you're needed permanently.

Very Easy Interview

Santa Ana, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at THINK Together in May 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my application through their website and within a week was called to do a test. Super easy - spelling and basic reading as well as math. Then they schedule you for an interview where you will present a small lesson. They will interview you first then let you do your lesson plan - or the other way around - it just all depends. People who are interviewing you are site coordinators - so be ready for specific questions.

Interview Question – What do think is the difference between elementary and jr high school students   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations on salary

Program Leader

I applied online and interviewed at THINK Together.

Interview Details – there was a phone interview
followed by a very easy math and English exam
then an interview beginning with a small 5 minute lesson
then the normal interview process with two people in the room

Interview Question – no real difficult questions   Answer Question

Santa Ana, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at THINK Together in July 2013.

Interview Details – First step was to apply online. Application includes the basics but also open ended questions where you can provide a lengthy answer.

A week after I had a short phone interview which consisted of questions such as: why do I want to work with kids, what is the best aspect about working with kids, my experience with large groups of children, what makes me qualified. Simple questions.

Next step was to go take a Math, English, & Spelling test. The spelling portion was 8 words One of the employees would say a word, use it in a sentence, and then we had to write in down. They were easy words such as "ridiculous, accept, library"... The rest of test is 39 questions which were math & English. The math portion had adding, subtracting, multiplying, percents, word problems, find perimeters, areas. English consisted of putting sentences together and finding which word best fits into each sentence.

After you turn in the test, you wait about 5-10 mins. Next, an employee takes you to the back and lets you know if you passed or failed. I passed, then we picked a date for my interview.
My interview was 2 days after & she let me know that I have to present a lesson plan.

For my interview, I had to site coordinators interview me. They were very friendly and made jokes frequently so I felt comfortable. The male would ask me questions while the female wrote down my answers. Question topics: what brought me here, explain my experience with kids, how would I handle an injured child while 20 kids are out playing under my supervision, how would I manage the classroom and discipline, how would I foster emotional development, how would I teach a mixed class where some students are more advanced then others, and my methods of handling a disruptive student that is not behaving.

Then they had me present my lesson. I created a learning game, which I had the male come up to the front and volunteer to play. I made sure to pretend I was speaking to the "audience, my students" as well as have the male volunteer speak to them because those are his "classmates". It was very engaging, I made lots of eye contact, insisted they participate. I brought props, 2 game boards so they could play at "their pretend student desk". My game was fun, colorful and targeted at a young age/ low grade level because that way its an easy lesson to teach. Not even 5 minutes into it, they stopped me & said it was wonderful, well done. Asked if I had any questions, then sent me to wait in the lobby.

Five minutes later HR calls me and tells me the interviewers were very pleased and offered me a position.

Interview Question – I cant remember the exact wording, but they asked how I would manage my classroom and how I would manage the discipline of students so that the environment encompasses learning and nurturing. Something along those lines.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Program Leader

I applied online and interviewed at THINK Together.

Interview Details – Submit application online.
Take some basic test in offices.
Put together lesson plan (appropriate for elementary or middle school aged children)

Interview Question – Basic questions to see if you are qualified to work with children. If you have experience not very difficult.   Answer Question

Program Leader

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at THINK Together.

Interview Details – Applied online, went in to take a math test and a spelling test. After I passed, had to present a lesson to two Site Coordinators.

Interview Question – Some of the math was difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Worked for THINK Together? Contribute to the Community!