THINK Together

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

SES Instructor Interview

SES Instructor

I applied online - interviewed at THINK Together in October 2012.

Interview Details – Before you get selected for an interview, they have you take an assessment test to show your skill level in spelling, algebra, geometry, and reading comp. I wasn't expecting this test so I wasn't able to brush up on my math skills :X I was super tired because I woke up at 4am to go to LA and then came back to MoVal at 11:30 so needless to say, I did not think I did well and wasn't optimistic about my chances. However, the person that took my test said they would look at the overall score and my resume and decide from there.
I got a notice from them telling me I got an interview so I scheduled it for the next morning. They kept me waiting about an hour without really giving me much info. I walked into the room with the asst to the director and my future supervisor. They asked me questions about my job experience and how I could contribute. It seemed like they were trying to trick me a little but they were pretty fair about giving you a chance to redeem yourself and give an honest answer. The last question is about why you would be a good fit with these kids.
They told me to sit back outside and they would call me back in. Around 5 mins later they called me back in and said I did really well and offered me a position!!! :) They gave me some info about training and what I had to do prior to that. I had to remind them to send me more info via email when I didn't get anything over the next couple of days.
It seems like a lot of hard work without the greatest pay or hours. But I think that's a really good way to filter out the people who care for these kids alot and genuinely prioritize them over other things. I'm currently looking for another job I can do on the side so I can stay a part of THINK Together.

Interview Question – How would you react if kids were being unruly or weren't paying attention?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for THINK Together? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at THINK Together SES Instructor interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by THINK Together employees and interview candidates.